Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5310 5311 [5312] 5313 5314 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14467073 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #79665 on: June 24, 2015, 02:08:04 am »

If there has been, boh, I can't see it on my end. Things look as they've long looked.

So the format hasn't been streamlined, the advanced search button isn't crossed out and the icons aren't missing in the post reply box?
I see none of this; think your browser is just buggy.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #79666 on: June 24, 2015, 02:13:25 am »

If there has been, boh, I can't see it on my end. Things look as they've long looked.

So the format hasn't been streamlined, the advanced search button isn't crossed out and the icons aren't missing in the post reply box?
I see none of this; think your browser is just buggy.

Any ideas on fixing it?

(Possible relevent info: It seems to be doing this on all Simple Machines Forums, the glitch didn't correspond with a browser update, and windows defender didn't find any viruses {I'm in the process of running Malwarebytes and Spybot now})

EDIT:
I'm on the Pale Moon browser, v24.7.2, btw

EDIT:
UPDATE: Spybot found nothing
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 02:17:20 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79667 on: June 24, 2015, 02:18:33 am »

Never heard of Pale Moon, so I can't offer any specific advice, but try clearing your cache, etc.
Also, does it do it in other browsers?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #79668 on: June 24, 2015, 02:41:32 am »

Never heard of Pale Moon, so I can't offer any specific advice, but try clearing your cache, etc.
Also, does it do it in other browsers?
Pale Moon is an open source browser based on the code from Firefox
https://www.palemoon.org/

Clearing the cache didn't help. But thanks nonetheless.

Will now try other browsers.

EDIT:
It looks normal in Internet Explorer
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79669 on: June 24, 2015, 02:52:23 am »

Hrm. Afraid I can't really help you, then; the only other possible solution I can think of is a clean install.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79670 on: June 24, 2015, 04:17:36 am »

I just woke up at five o'clock. AM.
Me, the guy famous in my family for staying up inordinately late and then sleeping all day, legitimately had a full night of rest and woke up at five o'clock.
Black lives matter.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #79671 on: June 24, 2015, 06:53:16 am »

Found a number of unusual, interesting, and downright bizarre things on my shareware disk.

Also, there was a program called Red Button on the disk. All it did was shut down the computer. It wasn't even malware in the sense that it caused lasting damage, it just shut down the computer.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79672 on: June 24, 2015, 07:05:03 am »

Also, there was a program called Red Button on the disk. All it did was shut down the computer. It wasn't even malware in the sense that it caused lasting damage, it just shut down the computer.
It's probably a program for an auto-run pranking.
._.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79673 on: June 24, 2015, 08:14:56 am »

I just woke up at five o'clock. AM.
Me, the guy famous in my family for staying up inordinately late and then sleeping all day, legitimately had a full night of rest and woke up at five o'clock.

Same, but 4:30am today, and just got called in to do a night shift.
Uuuuuuugh. I am going to die.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79674 on: June 24, 2015, 09:35:38 am »

This shareware disc sounds really cool!  Thanks for the screenshots, much nostalgia.  It's a physical CD not from a torrent, right?  Kinda surprised it actually survived this long.

The "Murder" game sounded kinda familiar, could you post a screenshot of it too?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #79675 on: June 24, 2015, 09:48:53 am »

This shareware disc sounds really cool!  Thanks for the screenshots, much nostalgia.  It's a physical CD not from a torrent, right?  Kinda surprised it actually survived this long.

The "Murder" game sounded kinda familiar, could you post a screenshot of it too?

Yup, physical disk, got it at Goodwill.

Spoiler: The case (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Murder (click to show/hide)

I'm really glad I found it, it's been a fascinating window into the past. I really wish I was around when computers were like this, I was only old enough to comprehend computers once XP had rolled out, and computers were closer to the stuff we have today than the stuff that was around back then.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79676 on: June 24, 2015, 09:59:28 am »

Wow thanks!  Yeah I think I saw that on a friend's machine way back when.  He had a lot of weird games like that.

Heh, I used to volunteer at a thrift shop testing/fixing electronics.  We got first pick and a discount on incoming stuff.  My favorite part was the old floppy disks.  Sometimes in their original boxes!  Usually they didn't work anymore of course, but it was great flipping through the manuals.  I even found a working game Abandonia didn't have and uploaded it :)

I'm tempted to ask if you can upload the contents somewhere, but nah...  It's enough that *someone* is seeing those programs.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79677 on: June 24, 2015, 10:03:29 am »

Man I would kill for a game like Castles.
Tried to DOSBOX it, but  CD-key + 5th page, 4th line, 3rd word.
DRM was better then than it is now.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #79678 on: June 24, 2015, 10:08:27 am »

Wow thanks!  Yeah I think I saw that on a friend's machine way back when.  He had a lot of weird games like that.

Heh, I used to volunteer at a thrift shop testing/fixing electronics.  We got first pick and a discount on incoming stuff.  My favorite part was the old floppy disks.  Sometimes in their original boxes!  Usually they didn't work anymore of course, but it was great flipping through the manuals.  I even found a working game Abandonia didn't have and uploaded it :)

I'm tempted to ask if you can upload the contents somewhere, but nah...  It's enough that *someone* is seeing those programs.

I've thought about it, actually. Is there an abandonware portal that takes Windows 95/98 games? There is absolutely nobody on the disk that will care, I guarantee it. Most of the games are uncredited, those that do have credits belong to companies or individuals that have long since vanished from the face of the planet.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79679 on: June 24, 2015, 10:13:47 am »

guidelines m8
Pages: 1 ... 5310 5311 [5312] 5313 5314 ... 11037