Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5304 5305 [5306] 5307 5308 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469252 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #79575 on: June 22, 2015, 11:35:36 pm »

I'll take First Age Lord of the Rings dragon.

* Arx consumes a city.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79576 on: June 23, 2015, 12:01:35 am »

Pern's has some advantages, but I could do without the uncontrollable sex drive thing.
I don't follow.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #79577 on: June 23, 2015, 12:04:26 am »

A few miles south of me there is the biggest thunderstorm I have ever seen in my life, with pretty much continuous lightning in the sky... and here, it's completely clear.
You're in the southeast part of the state, right? I'm pretty sure I'm getting some of it here. Dog is cowering in the basement.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79578 on: June 23, 2015, 12:19:59 am »

Bjeh. Uh.
I don't normally... facts that badly...

* Tack flusters.
That's okay. One time I said that "going within a lightyear of the sun would burn you up." Needless to say, my distances were way off.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #79579 on: June 23, 2015, 12:24:20 am »

Were all dead, allee, and its all your fault.

I clearly need to be more conscious of the level of awesomeness of dragons I encounter in works of fiction. I honestly don't know what would have the most advantages.

Do any of them get regeneration of limbs/vital organs for practical immortality? Wouldn't be fun to spend the remainder of eternity as a three-legged dragon after getting the last one stuck under a mountain.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79580 on: June 23, 2015, 12:26:02 am »

Seeing as how we're, what was it, 8 light-seconds away from the sun? Yea, we're all dead right now.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #79581 on: June 23, 2015, 12:36:49 am »

Seeing as how we're, what was it, 8 light-seconds away from the sun? Yea, we're all dead right now.

8 light-minutes, approximately.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79582 on: June 23, 2015, 12:53:44 am »

Were all dead, allee, and its all your fault.

I clearly need to be more conscious of the level of awesomeness of dragons I encounter in works of fiction. I honestly don't know what would have the most advantages.

Do any of them get regeneration of limbs/vital organs for practical immortality? Wouldn't be fun to spend the remainder of eternity as a three-legged dragon after getting the last one stuck under a mountain.

A part troll one from D&D would regenerate from having it's head cut off unless burned with fire or dissolved in acid.

Alternatively there are ways for them to cast cleric spells that can let them regrow bodyparts.

But yeah, best dragon to be would be a D&D silver or gold probably, can take human shape, cast spells and are bigger and more powerful than most other dragons, immensely intelligent, charismatic and durable, with an essentially infinite lifespan. Failing that a Warcraft dragon would be pretty good.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79583 on: June 23, 2015, 12:55:24 am »

Part-Troll Part-Dragon is just saying 'This is what a troll could do'.

-Re: Cool Male Dragons
I would like to say Shuruga is a pretty cool dragon as well, but seeing as he's a slave to Ashen-Shugar, and the latter is the actual badass, I'm gonna go with 'probably not'.
Similar to the Eragon boy-dragons.

Weird I am actually having trouble thinking some up. I guess the entire character of dragons, with the hubris and the jealousy, makes them easy to throw into 'pathetic and bitchy'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79584 on: June 23, 2015, 01:12:53 am »

-Re: Cool Male Dragons
I would like to say Shuruga is a pretty cool dragon as well, but seeing as he's a slave to Ashen-Shugar, and the latter is the actual badass, I'm gonna go with 'probably not'.
Similar to the Eragon boy-dragons.

Weird I am actually having trouble thinking some up. I guess the entire character of dragons, with the hubris and the jealousy, makes them easy to throw into 'pathetic and bitchy'.

Most dragons don't have genetically compatible trolls in their settings, only D&D dragons can bang a troll to get immortal kids to my knowledge. Extra fun if said kids are descended from black and red dragons, so they can't be killed by fire or acid, covering both normal ways to kill a troll.

Smaug in the book doesn't come across as bitchy if you ask me, more like a dignified but lazy tyrant, but we are strangely lacking in intimidating dragons in most media.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79585 on: June 23, 2015, 01:14:30 am »

Lord Shonus's avatar is amazing. Its head is bobbing in time to the song I'm listening to. Adorable.

Edit: Wow, Pinterest is a fucking terrible website. Why does this exist?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 01:17:32 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #79586 on: June 23, 2015, 01:57:40 am »

Apparently trolls can do dragons.

Edit: Wow, Pinterest is a fucking terrible website. Why does this exist?
Same reason Buzzfeed exists. Probably.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #79587 on: June 23, 2015, 01:58:13 am »

Pinterest is pretty good,for food recipes though.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #79588 on: June 23, 2015, 01:59:27 am »

I barely know what Pinterest does...so, uh. yeah. Maybe I shouldn't have commented on it, but whatever. It's 2 am for me, I do stupid shit now.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #79589 on: June 23, 2015, 02:09:42 am »

Traditionally we defined groups according to their oldest members and all descendants. Birds are defined as the oldest dinosaur-like birds and all the birds that have evolved from them. Mammals are all the oldest reptile-like mammals and everything that evolved from them. Reptiles have been defined as the oldest reptiles and everything that has evolved from them, except for birds and mammals. I think it's a judgement call whether dinosaurs fit within reptiles under this model, but it's a problem we only have because the model is outdated.

I read somewhere about a taxonomic system where everything is classed as everything that one of its ancestors was. So it's just a big load of sets and subsets.

I'm reasonably sure that's what clades are. So a more cladelike classification would have birds as dinosaurs. Dinosaurs (and consequently birds) are reptiles, and mammals are also reptiles. You would probably need some new clades for modern reptiles.

That's what clades are BUT most taxonomic systems - even the cladistic ones - don't actually work completely like that because if they did then every species' scientific name would read like that long-ass passage in the bible where they trace the geneology of christ
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 5304 5305 [5306] 5307 5308 ... 11037