Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5303 5304 [5305] 5306 5307 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14471880 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #79560 on: June 22, 2015, 10:10:09 pm »

i think it's more intended originally to make fun of otherkin, but I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if it's been warped to something more general
No, that was something else, which was originally devised to make fun of people who pretend to have multiple personalities where the others are anime characters, animals, or whatever the fuck else they thought made them a speshul snowflake.

The "I sexually identify as an attack helicopter" and derivatives thereof were intended to make fun of tumblrites and do catch trans people in their net of mockery.
helicopt-her. Hahahah- I mean that's not funny.

But never underestimate the overlaps on that venn diagram of 'People who pretend to be trans to be snowflake', 'people who actually have gender dysphoria', and 'people on Tumblr'.
If I was trans I'd probably hang out on Tumblr. Regardless of how full of crap I know people are, it'd still be cool to be in the power corner for once.

Yeah, that's the unfortunate part about Tumblr. On the one hand, it's a good safe place for a lot of people who are genuine victims of discrimination, which is cool. On the other, it's also a hangout for self-centered assholes who want to be special, and who tend to associate themselves with the LGBT community as one of a number of methods for doing so.

Women are cranky, reptilian, verbal-fire breathing monsters  :P
I thought maybe you meant that women are strong, majestic, powerful and beautiful. I mean, it really depends on your perception.
Wait, wait, I think that this is the same thing as domineering men being "assertive" and domineering women being "bitches"?

'cause being a dragon would be pretty rad, even if it was one of the shitty types of dragons. Sa-ay. What sort of dragon would y'all want to be? McCaffrey's are decently high on the list for me, what with the telepathy, time travel, ability to survive in space for several minutes without aid, and intra-system biological FTL drive.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #79561 on: June 22, 2015, 10:12:11 pm »

I dunno, evil male dragons always seem pathetic and bitchy to me, while evil female dragons are terrifying. Of course, when the protagonist is face-to-face with a dragon it doesn't matter how "pathetic" the dragon is because they will still burn you dead.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79562 on: June 22, 2015, 10:13:04 pm »

Off the top of my head, Shadowrun dragon.
I wouldn't have to deal with anyone :)  Except gullible rubes.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79563 on: June 22, 2015, 10:18:13 pm »

i think it's more intended originally to make fun of otherkin, but I wouldn't be even remotely surprised if it's been warped to something more general
No, that was something else, which was originally devised to make fun of people who pretend to have multiple personalities where the others are anime characters, animals, or whatever the fuck else they thought made them a speshul snowflake.

The "I sexually identify as an attack helicopter" and derivatives thereof were intended to make fun of tumblrites and do catch trans people in their net of mockery.
helicopt-her. Hahahah- I mean that's not funny.

But never underestimate the overlaps on that venn diagram of 'People who pretend to be trans to be snowflake', 'people who actually have gender dysphoria', and 'people on Tumblr'.
If I was trans I'd probably hang out on Tumblr. Regardless of how full of crap I know people are, it'd still be cool to be in the power corner for once.

Yeah, that's the unfortunate part about Tumblr. On the one hand, it's a good safe place for a lot of people who are genuine victims of discrimination, which is cool. On the other, it's also a hangout for self-centered assholes who want to be special, and who tend to associate themselves with the LGBT community as one of a number of methods for doing so.
I don't mind the Tumblr stargenders until they start attacking actual dysphoric trans people as "truscum" and wish nasty things upon them for the crime of reminding the teenage girls who want to feel special that they shouldn't appropriate genuine medical conditions to do so.

It's really interesting that they like to pretend dysphoria don't real when they otherwise actively self-diagnose with all sorts of (sometimes made up) mental conditions to out-oppress each other.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79564 on: June 22, 2015, 10:25:29 pm »

I've never seen one of these mythical people you talk about that was not an obvious troll. I've definitely never seen groups of them reinforcing each other without outside people coming in and say "Uh, what the fuck...?"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #79565 on: June 22, 2015, 10:33:39 pm »

Sa-ay. What sort of dragon would y'all want to be? McCaffrey's are decently high on the list for me, what with the telepathy, time travel, ability to survive in space for several minutes without aid, and intra-system biological FTL drive.
Pern's has some advantages, but I could do without the uncontrollable sex drive thing. And the thread. And the telepathy has some fairly significant downsides. They're pretty flimsy as dragons go, too. Also... innit their lifespan fairly limited for dragoncritters? They've got some fancy tricks, but for me they're probably not much further up the ladder than Discworld's.

Shadowrun's would definitely be up high on the list. They've got most things other sorts of dragons have going for them, and overall considerably less of the problems (which is faintly ridiculous, considering the setting they originate from). Dark Sun's wouldn't be that bad, either, really -- sure, they're fairly incredibly malevolent (and largely have to be, due to how they form), but not much actually manages to kill the things despite a lot of things trying and the whole might-as-well-be-a-god thing is pretty sweet digs. Bunch more I'm forgetting... know some of them patterned after the eastern stuff is quite appealing, but I can't remember particular settings and whatnot to note.

Pretty much any of the D&D/Krynn/etc. sort would be fairly solid, providing you actually survive up to adulthood and maybe not actually be on one of their deathworlds. Massive arcane power, functional agelessness, ability to polymorph, the whole progeny thing... if it weren't for where they live and how few of them actually get beyond wyrmhood, they'd be pretty great.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #79566 on: June 22, 2015, 10:36:09 pm »

I'm just glad science stands on our side (and by that, I mean 'promotes understanding and doesn't move for discrimination//"special snowflakeness(?)") here. :-\
What makes this relevant is how I note the attitude exists in the first place (ie Intentionally trolling). Although I'm leaning towards 'they're more confused than actually having the intent to be...err, special snowflake(?) given the broadness of information present and possible social pressure//social expectations'.

I dunno, evil male dragons always seem pathetic and bitchy to me, while evil female dragons are terrifying. Of course, when the protagonist is face-to-face with a dragon it doesn't matter how "pathetic" the dragon is because they will still burn you dead.
You need to meet more dragons in literature. :P

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79567 on: June 22, 2015, 10:43:48 pm »

Something something women are dragons anyway something something cough cough don't kill me please.
Women are strong, majestic, powerful and beautiful.
Women are intimidating, enigmatic and enrapturing.
Women are attracted to shiny stuff and you don't want to be near them when they open their mouths.
Women burn down houses, eat men and steal cattle.

Off the top of my head, Shadowrun dragon.
Hell yes. Out of the Shadowrun dragons, one was elected president and the other is the leader of the world's largest arms manufacturing company.
But 'evil' is the descriptor.

Smaug, eh...
Ferrovax from Dresden is both evil, and magnificent. (Although you only see him once, and cordially).
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79568 on: June 22, 2015, 10:46:54 pm »

Something something women are dragons anyway something something cough cough don't kill me please.
Women are attracted to shiny stuff and you don't want to be near them when they open their mouths.
According to some cultures, women don't have legs.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79569 on: June 22, 2015, 10:57:37 pm »

According to some cultures, women don't have legs.
The closest thing we had to real women was ~60 billion years ago. Real women in the modern day are squat flightless creatures with a poisonous bite.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79570 on: June 22, 2015, 11:01:20 pm »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79571 on: June 22, 2015, 11:15:49 pm »

... I'm a compromise-earth creationist?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #79572 on: June 22, 2015, 11:17:47 pm »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:27:30 pm by penguinofhonor »

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79573 on: June 22, 2015, 11:21:35 pm »

A few miles south of me there is the biggest thunderstorm I have ever seen in my life, with pretty much continuous lightning in the sky... and here, it's completely clear.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79574 on: June 22, 2015, 11:26:12 pm »

Bjeh. Uh.
I don't normally... facts that badly...

* Tack flusters.
Pages: 1 ... 5303 5304 [5305] 5306 5307 ... 11037