Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5280 5281 [5282] 5283 5284 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14484542 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #79215 on: June 18, 2015, 12:21:23 pm »

I'd actually imagine it would be significantly easier, since you could basically just kinda' dig a hole in the ground and be done with it. Or a chute or something. You don't have the same sorts of issues with clogging and whatnot, providing the pipe's big enough.

Now, waste disposal would probably be a nightmare, since plastic isn't particularly biodegradable and it's significantly more difficult to compress and transport bricks. Somewhere in the lego world, there's a mountain of poo blocks the size of the Himalayas, and it grows every day.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79216 on: June 18, 2015, 12:26:28 pm »

There are advantages to excreting building materials, though.  Even if it is just 1x1 bricks (wow, I hope it's just 1x1 bricks).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #79217 on: June 18, 2015, 12:31:18 pm »

True... it'd probably be those little dot-things, though. Gandalf actually had one in that video linked up a bit, which... in retrospect, now raises some serious questions...
Ask not!
Ask!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #79218 on: June 18, 2015, 12:33:02 pm »

TIL lego figurines bear worrying resemblances to orks

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79219 on: June 18, 2015, 12:34:28 pm »

There are advantages to excreting building materials, though.  Even if it is just 1x1 bricks (wow, I hope it's just 1x1 bricks).
Food in mouth, later get building material.

A village can probably raise a sturdy shack every few months...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #79220 on: June 18, 2015, 12:38:55 pm »

If memory serves, in several LEGOTM licensed games (such as Indiana JonesTM or Lord of the RingsTM), for some bizarre reason, if you were riding a horse or something, you could hit a button to make the horse crap money, which was represented in all forms as studs, the round 1x1 plates.

I'm not sure what it says about the LEGOTM economy, though.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #79221 on: June 18, 2015, 12:42:02 pm »

Oh yeaaah. I actually remember the shiny versions of those studs, now, I think. I had some, at some point. Might still. Pretty sure it came with some of the pirate ones from a waaaaaays back? There were also the little chests, they were great.
Ask not!
Ask!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79222 on: June 18, 2015, 12:55:25 pm »

Eh. Watch Adventure Time sometime. There's a race that poos bananas.
They all know it's poo, they'll never eat bananas.

Ergo, if we shat bricks, I bet we'd treat them with the same stigma we treat poo now.
Y'know, until we figure out that it's not disease-ridden sludge.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79223 on: June 18, 2015, 01:18:36 pm »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #79224 on: June 18, 2015, 02:04:56 pm »

I just watched a few minutes of Russell Brand wrecking some guys from Westboro Baptist at the prompting of the xkcd bracket Twitter guy. I had to stop watching because I was stuck between hysterical laughter, wanting to stab the Baptists (I'm not a good Christian :-[), and just cringing.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #79225 on: June 18, 2015, 02:53:38 pm »

uH-- YEAH?  It is SUPER out of character for him?

He is one of 4 wizards sent to arda to ensure Illuvitar's divine plan against the lingering corruption of Morgoth-- and the ONLY one that stayed true to his purpose, over 500+ years of hardship and struggle.
Hardship, struggle, and lots and lots of downtime. Gandalf kicking back for a few days of pipeweed and cake is so entirely not out of character I'm surprised it's even a question. Dude has the time, and the inclination.

Suddenly decidinng, on a whim. to go disobey the great big guy upstairs-- OVER CAKE-- is very much out of character for him. :P
Man, dimension hopping to get some cake is totally not counter to Eru's orders. It's just filling up the interim hours with something interesting. G-man's totally not blowing off hobbit herding or whatev' to visit the cake obstacle course. Just spending some of the boring hours away from the Land of No Interior Plumbing.

Though I'm not entirely sure how effective legoland's plumbing is, either. I mean, there was that fully functioning house, but...

you know there was another video released a long time ago about this right

and that it actually has backstory

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #79226 on: June 18, 2015, 03:00:02 pm »

If memory serves, in several LEGOTM licensed games (such as Indiana JonesTM or Lord of the RingsTM), for some bizarre reason, if you were riding a horse or something, you could hit a button to make the horse crap money, which was represented in all forms as studs, the round 1x1 plates.

I'm not sure what it says about the LEGOTM economy, though.
It says the LEGOTM economy is horseshit, obviously.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #79227 on: June 18, 2015, 03:11:23 pm »

I'm not exactly sure what else people would expect from a wizard who smoke weed erryday to cope with his colleague's bullshit.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79228 on: June 18, 2015, 03:37:20 pm »

Largest water main in the city burst at 3:00 AM, tens of thousands of people don't have potable tap water. The water company didn't send out the "boil water" advisory until 2:30 PM, says repairs will take "a couple days, we don't really know".

tfw this happens every month or two because why would we replace pipes that are older than almost all of the residents before they break.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79229 on: June 18, 2015, 03:41:20 pm »

I learned a few weeks ago that the normally dry Israel had to develop their water infrastructure to the point that only 20% of the water in their pipes was lost to leakage. Which makes me wonder, how the hell does anyone else think wasting even that much is acceptable? That seems pretty wasteful to me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 5280 5281 [5282] 5283 5284 ... 11037