Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5274 5275 [5276] 5277 5278 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485584 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #79125 on: June 17, 2015, 10:15:16 am »

And the day after helping me get a job interview. my sister is trying to talk me out of it. I can understand her view, but I really need this job.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79126 on: June 17, 2015, 11:58:21 am »

IMO? The first Witcher didn't really age well. The conversations are a little awkward and stilted and the UI is a bit too overcomplicated. The second one fixed those issues pretty handily.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #79127 on: June 17, 2015, 01:33:43 pm »

I followed a link from KnowYourMeme to Encyclopedia Dramatica.

I... regret that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79128 on: June 17, 2015, 01:41:39 pm »

IMO? The first Witcher didn't really age well. The conversations are a little awkward and stilted and the UI is a bit too overcomplicated. The second one fixed those issues pretty handily.
I started playing it recently, and some of the animations and graphics are pretty janky as well. Not enough to turn me away from the game completely, but still.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79129 on: June 17, 2015, 02:06:27 pm »

I started playing it recently, and some of the animations and graphics are pretty janky as well. Not enough to turn me away from the game completely, but still.
The second one replaced those issues with being incredibly demanding on your PC.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79130 on: June 17, 2015, 02:30:44 pm »

Ended up walking a mile down a busy highway, one that I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to/legally allowed to walk down. Didn't get the job because they wanted me there at 8AM, which there was no way I could do. Couldn't exit the place since the route out wasn't exactly walkable, and had to get my mother to pick me up. I'm. Really. Tired.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79131 on: June 17, 2015, 04:39:18 pm »

Finally printed all the tattoos, but someone had to leave what they were doing for most of the day to help me put a dent in all the cutting. Now they are behind in their own work, but at least I will be able to get the rest of it done by the end of tomorrow. Normally we would have two people cutting full time, but everyone is too busy to help.

I would be looking forward to less rush work, but customer service snuck in another two job sets onto the print schedule. Manager wasn't told until the very end of the day, as she was leaving. The jobs are also due to ship out the same day. The printing likely won't be done in time to get anything out.

They've already been warned about overloading us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #79132 on: June 17, 2015, 04:40:32 pm »

I'm being productive on absolutely everything except studying for my exams. Wai, brain? I thought we were buddies. Then again, I feed you poison when you're being uncooperative, so I guess that could foster some resentment.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #79133 on: June 17, 2015, 04:43:00 pm »

They've already been warned about overloading us.
Maybe grab up whatever's on hand that is heavy and blunt and go press-gang them into helping you guys out? That would solve two problems with one cudgel. The work gets done faster, and they're either too busy or too unconscious to add more to the queue.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79134 on: June 17, 2015, 05:28:05 pm »

So... apparently the whole...

"Vaccines cause Autism" is making a comeback...

UUUUUGH!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #79135 on: June 17, 2015, 05:31:03 pm »

So... apparently the whole...

"Vaccines cause Autism" is making a comeback...

UUUUUGH!
It never really went away, AFAIK.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79136 on: June 17, 2015, 05:39:56 pm »

The second one replaced those issues with being incredibly demanding on your PC.
I had some trouble getting into that game (first one I mean, haven't played the rest) because of shitty dialogue, but I never found the UI complicated and combat system was actually fun, till I got tired of talking to everyone several times to get anything done and stopped playing. I still have it installed and get the urge to play everytime I read one of the books but it never lasts long.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79137 on: June 17, 2015, 05:51:37 pm »

I inherited some boxed disc versions of both games recently.

I have yet to play the second one, but the first? My take on it?

"Hi, I have white hair, and am a genetically unstable mutant created through a seriously dangerous and not really repeatable process! Let's fuck! My spunk will make your cooter tingle!"

Seriously-- that game literally SHOVES sexual encouters in your face.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #79138 on: June 17, 2015, 06:00:40 pm »

... so that's, what. Pro, con? Neutral? Are you or are you not saying you like to take it in the face?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79139 on: June 17, 2015, 06:03:27 pm »

I am asexual. Make of that what you will. If I wanted flagrant sexual encouters, I would grab a Japanese "Dating Sim".
Pages: 1 ... 5274 5275 [5276] 5277 5278 ... 11037