Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5267 5268 [5269] 5270 5271 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488889 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #79020 on: June 15, 2015, 02:17:20 am »

Mother 1 was released on Virtual Console in the west.

why did nobody tell me

blazing glory

« Reply #79021 on: June 15, 2015, 02:18:21 am »

Apparently on the forum for Skyshine's BEDLAM I have moderator access for some reason.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79022 on: June 15, 2015, 03:22:06 am »

So major spoilers here for Generator Rex

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Honestly I am astounded that in some shows that HUGE changes can occur and yet somehow these changes end up meaning absolutely nothing.

This is the equivilant of Batman revealing he is Bruce Wayne and giving people guided tours of the Batcave... but no villain so much as knocks on his front door.

Or where Batman goes poor... but for some reason can still get his hands on new gadgets and tech.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:39:36 am by Neonivek »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79023 on: June 15, 2015, 07:30:19 am »

Besides the people Christens really murder are topaz people.

Ever wondered why you don't see any? Yep... we got to them first.

That sounds like the theory of FSM and witches.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79024 on: June 15, 2015, 09:16:56 am »

It is her E3 comments

http://puu.sh/ipjFf/993b3446b1.jpg

Don't get me wrong in terms of "Dumb" she has said dumber.

But never has she "Not got the point" far more.
Obviously FO4 needs to be more like MGSV/Peace Walker/Portable Ops. 
Non-lethal option.  Then put em all into your prison till they agree to join you.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #79026 on: June 15, 2015, 11:01:04 am »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:17:52 pm by penguinofhonor »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #79027 on: June 15, 2015, 11:38:01 am »

I'unno, poh, I'm sure at least one or two of them are sufficiently aware of environmental issues to know they're potentially apocalyptic (to roughly the same extent as a biblical one, anyway) and still working contrariwise to them. So cheer up! You've probably got grounds enough to assume some of your friends are doing things they think will bring about the end of the (human) world.

E: And now I can't figure out how to make a gender neutral version of this. Argh.

Don't be bored,
be a bro!
Know your friends bring the end of snow!

And yes I'm entirely aware that's not a good representative of most near-future predictions of potential environmental devastation. Not the point. Point is to be catchy and close enough.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 11:44:53 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79028 on: June 15, 2015, 11:57:44 am »

Even better:

The reason for christ's "early" return, (matthew 24:22) is so that he arrives before all humanity is slain by the tribulation; Revelation 11:18 points out that one of the purposes of the return of the christ is to destroy those who were destroying the earth.

It could be amusing to suppose that the inevitable consequence of mismanaging the planet, like global climate change that threatens to make all weather on earth more severe, and threatens to cause a massive extiction event, could satisfy the conditions for the "plagues" being sent against mankind, as well as satisfying the revelation 11 reference about those destroying the earth.

That would make the willful pollution of the earth a prerequisite for the early return of the christ, and would point out that the christ is clearly against that willful pollution, and will judge those that are complicit in it.

I wonder how many heads would spin at the implications?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79029 on: June 15, 2015, 12:03:44 pm »

The other night I had a dream where I was standing around some apartments, visiting a friend or something I guess. The next thing I know, the apartment next to me violently explodes, and I dive for cover to avoid the ensuing fireball and glass shrapnel. I wake up in bed in the fetal position, fight/flight/freeze reflex keeping me from moving a muscle. The sound of it felt so real, even it didn't look it, so I asked the other people around later if there had been an explosion. No explosion reported by anyone in the vicinity of where I was sleeping. Nothing even closely resembling an explosion.

This is after taking my medication that's supposed to prevent nightmares.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79030 on: June 15, 2015, 12:17:52 pm »

Even better:

The reason for christ's "early" return, (matthew 24:22) is so that he arrives before all humanity is slain by the tribulation; Revelation 11:18 points out that one of the purposes of the return of the christ is to destroy those who were destroying the earth.

It could be amusing to suppose that the inevitable consequence of mismanaging the planet, like global climate change that threatens to make all weather on earth more severe, and threatens to cause a massive extiction event, could satisfy the conditions for the "plagues" being sent against mankind, as well as satisfying the revelation 11 reference about those destroying the earth.

That would make the willful pollution of the earth a prerequisite for the early return of the christ, and would point out that the christ is clearly against that willful pollution, and will judge those that are complicit in it.

I wonder how many heads would spin at the implications?
A relatively small amount, probably. Being adept at implications is not usually a strong trait of religious people. Hence why the GOP is simultaneously for Christianity and as right-wing as possible.
._.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79031 on: June 15, 2015, 12:33:43 pm »

It's kinda hard to keep a political leaning that says "YES! Destroy the planet for the short term PROFITSSS!! MONEY MONEY MONEY ABOVE ALL!" while also holding that particular set of religious beliefs, (as written, not as practiced. ahem.) without being a flaming hypocrite.

Dont get me started on all the times the christ has had frenzied flying droplets of spittle come out of his mouth while ranting against hypocrites. (and his often graphic and no-holds barred description of EXACTLY how they will be judged)

The only conclusion I can draw is that the vast majority of "christians" do not actually know what the christ is trying to teach in his instruction booklet, and instead reach for the cliff notes version that says "Believe == salvation!". (Repentance? WHAT'S THAT!?)

The truly alarming part, is that the "fundamentalists" are the most aligned group to this kind of blatant hypocrisy.

But this is a discussion for the spirituality thread.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #79032 on: June 15, 2015, 12:44:03 pm »

Being adept at implications is not usually a strong trait of religious people. Hence why the GOP is simultaneously for Christianity and as right-wing as possible.
That's not really the case. Theology takes a lot of deductive skill, and historically mathematicians and scientists tended to be religious. People in general, I guess, might not be good at working out implications. The GOP being simultaneously for Christianity and strongly right-wing has more to do with a particular cultural history of the United States. Reagan is a good place to start looking, although a lot of the current blindingly-selfish, exploitative policy erupts out of Gingrich. But the root of the hypocrisy here is firmly in the political history, not the religious.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79033 on: June 15, 2015, 12:56:26 pm »

... freedom of expression ... censored ... censor ... agenda ... censorship ...
Does the Anitron Sarkeezoid have the power of censorship? Is she really that powerful, I wonder?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79034 on: June 15, 2015, 01:02:32 pm »

Indeed, The religious types are just being pulled along for the ride; misused in just exactly the same fashion that the GOP neocons are misusing natural resources of the planet. (Long term consequences? Who cares! As long as I get my hookers and blow today!)

They are either too deluded to see this, too hypocritical to think it worthy of action, or too ignorant of their own faith to see through the ruse.

SQ:

Never underestimate the danger of an idea. There's a reason why despotic regimes have historically controlled what ideas are presented to the public, and why Stalin has his particular famous quotation on the matter.  She's just a small time mouthpiece, sure-- but she follows the same rules that a more powerful despot uses; selective representation as a form of misrepresentation, disguised as objective reporting. That is censorship on her part, because she is giving bias toward her preferred idea base, at the expense of all other points of view. If you listen to her and ascribe her as being a valid reviewer, your opinions about media offerings will be skewed by her biased censorship.

It's not on the same scale as "Official government media" type censorship, but uses the same playbook. (A lightning bolt and a zap to the finger from a van-de-graff generator are "the same thing"- static electricity-- even though there is a world of difference between a lightning bolt and a static finger zap.)

Pages: 1 ... 5267 5268 [5269] 5270 5271 ... 11037