Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5262 5263 [5264] 5265 5266 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491816 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78945 on: June 14, 2015, 03:28:30 am »

Cringe is just too much, I cannot comprehend how anyone can enjoy watching cringe. It is just too cringeworthy

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #78946 on: June 14, 2015, 03:42:27 am »

So I have this hobby, where me and a couple other guys on physicsforums hunt for crackpot posts before they get deleted and save them for our enjoyment. I know, probably says something not entirely flattering about my character.
But some are just so out there and absolutely amazing that I just can't help myself.
I find this post funny/amusing/ridiculous, in me it evokes feelings of laughter, incredulity, and sadness.

E: I'd also say that the imgur/reddit overlap is about 90%, rather than 100%. Some things are more specific to one site.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 03:45:40 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #78947 on: June 14, 2015, 06:17:18 am »

The way both of the communities are makes it impossible to know whether it was uploaded for imgur and posted on reddit or uploaded for reddit and posted on by imgur people.
you can actually see on imgur if it was uploaded by reddit or imgur

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #78948 on: June 14, 2015, 06:58:37 am »

Quote from: Announcement for a gig in my hometown next week.
Halfway through the show, we'll be putting a pause to all live music and set in motion a FLESH TUG-O-WAR. 2 crazy motherfuckers stick metal hooks into their backs and tug their way to the finish line. Should be tops.

o_o Okay then. That's... that is certainly pretty metal.   

Now that is cringeworthy for sure.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #78949 on: June 14, 2015, 08:51:13 am »

Cringe is just too much, I cannot comprehend how anyone can enjoy watching cringe. It is just too cringeworthy
There's some odd pleasure in knowing that you're not *that* socially inept.

Although there are fedoras. Fedoras EVERYWHERE!
There is no pleasure in that. That's like seeing someone burn alive, and thinking, "gee that's really made me notice just how *not* burning alive I am." The pain is real.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78950 on: June 14, 2015, 11:34:50 am »

I think I've mentioned at least two.

His current one, which was mentioned not too long ago in the Tabletop thread, and his Secretly a God DMPC in an older campaign of his. Plus his bullshit succubus in the campaign he wants to run. His other DMPC in that campaign isn't too much better, being an infinitely reincarnating person as part of his backstory.

The current one is incredibly obnoxious though, and has come very close to outright hindering other players for lulz.
Eh, infinite reincarnation can be done well. Planescape:Torment or Dark Souls are pretty good examples. Given how you described the guy though, I'm guessing it's done terribly.

Mr. Infinite reincarnation being a pain in the ass? Try Imprisonment, and make sure it's a non-elf that casts it while everyone else is away. That way you can have a bard cast Modify Memory so that nobody remembers where they were imprisoned. That way, the only way they'll be freed is some moron randomly casting Freedom.

Then, to make sure nobody finds the spot while randomly casting Freedom, build a large fortress with tons of death-traps, plus a powerful artifact so that any other adventurers that attack the place think that is the goal of the place.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78951 on: June 14, 2015, 11:43:23 am »

I picked up Hotline Miami 1 and 2 from the SSS, and I just absolutely hate it. I don't get why this game is so hype among people, it's annoying usually and just absolute shit during special fights.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78952 on: June 14, 2015, 11:49:33 am »

His current one, which was mentioned not too long ago in the Tabletop thread, and his Secretly a God DMPC in an older campaign of his. Plus his bullshit succubus in the campaign he wants to run. His other DMPC in that campaign isn't too much better, being an infinitely reincarnating person as part of his backstory.

The current one is incredibly obnoxious though, and has come very close to outright hindering other players for lulz.
Eh, infinite reincarnation can be done well. Planescape:Torment or Dark Souls are pretty good examples. Given how you described the guy though, I'm guessing it's done terribly.

Mr. Infinite reincarnation being a pain in the ass? Try Imprisonment, and make sure it's a non-elf that casts it while everyone else is away. That way you can have a bard cast Modify Memory so that nobody remembers where they were imprisoned. That way, the only way they'll be freed is some moron randomly casting Freedom.

Then, to make sure nobody finds the spot while randomly casting Freedom, build a large fortress with tons of death-traps, plus a powerful artifact so that any other adventurers that attack the place think that is the goal of the place.

Or have the spot to have to cast freedom inside a midden. Who's going to go into a pit full of poop to randomly cast Freedom? Nobody.

And if through bullshit he does escape, he still ends up in a pit full of poop. Win/win.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #78953 on: June 14, 2015, 11:51:12 am »

Depending on how the reincarnation works, or the power of the being, that won't work. If it's Dark Souls style, they can just suicide and get back up at a bonfire. If it's Planescape:Torment style, they can just bust out of Imprisonment.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #78954 on: June 14, 2015, 12:05:49 pm »

I picked up Hotline Miami 1 and 2 from the SSS, and I just absolutely hate it. I don't get why this game is so hype among people, it's annoying usually and just absolute shit during special fights.
2 was annoying piece of crap, but 1 was pretty good. Special fights were a bit of a weak point, but the great thing about 1 was that it was fast, one mistake could kill you, but the restart point being close by meant it wasn't that big a problem. A couple of missions towards the end were annoying for the same reason 2 is, like the sauna kinda place, big maps with plenty of enemies so one mistake sent you back a gorillion hours of gameplay.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78955 on: June 14, 2015, 12:15:08 pm »

So I have this hobby, where me and a couple other guys on physicsforums hunt for crackpot posts before they get deleted and save them for our enjoyment.

It could be my own personal shortfall in intelligence, but I don't think they have a solid grasp on what gravity and inertia are.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #78956 on: June 14, 2015, 12:50:47 pm »

... have we actually figured out what gravity is while I wasn't paying attention? Last I checked we knew a lot about what it does, but were still kinda' drawing a blank on what it is.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78957 on: June 14, 2015, 12:56:15 pm »

A question of "what something is" is a philosophical question, not physical.
._.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #78958 on: June 14, 2015, 12:57:42 pm »

... have we actually figured out what gravity is while I wasn't paying attention? Last I checked we knew a lot about what it does, but were still kinda' drawing a blank on what it is.
Well, imagine space as a big cloth stretched really thin. And all the planets and stars and everything floating in space causes a dip in the fabric of the cloth. So the bigger the object the bigger the dip, so that anything that moves into that dip rolls down towards the object. And stuff.

Don't know if that explains what gravity is or if it just explains what it does but whatever it was fun to type that.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #78959 on: June 14, 2015, 12:59:51 pm »

But if gravity is a dip does that make us tortilla chips?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 5262 5263 [5264] 5265 5266 ... 11037