Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5259 5260 [5261] 5262 5263 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492219 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78900 on: June 13, 2015, 12:47:13 am »

Except the tram ride was made exclusivly to show off yhe fancy new game engine that valve had JUST made. They could load it up for future investors and say "this is what vavle the company can do. It wasnt so necessary for skyrim

I'm sure you mean Bethesda.

Also, Live Another Life mod for Skyrim is flavorful way to skip Helgen.
No, they mean Valve. They're talking about the tram ride at the beginning of HL1 as a comparison to the Skyrim wagon ride.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78901 on: June 13, 2015, 01:47:40 am »

Except the tram ride was made exclusivly to show off yhe fancy new game engine that valve had JUST made. They could load it up for future investors and say "this is what vavle the company can do. It wasnt so necessary for skyrim

I'm sure you mean Bethesda.

Also, Live Another Life mod for Skyrim is flavorful way to skip Helgen.
i was referring to half life. Skryim can show off its engine by letting the player roam around. You couldnt do that with a shooter like that.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78902 on: June 13, 2015, 01:48:52 am »

Well, thanks sealy star.

blazing glory

« Reply #78903 on: June 13, 2015, 02:15:42 am »

Downloading Steam games at a whopping 15 KB/S, whoo.

Are the Steam servers overloaded or is my internet broke in some way?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #78904 on: June 13, 2015, 02:19:55 am »

Probably overloaded, since STEAM SALES EVERYWHERE.
I imagine there's a lot of people downloading games right now.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

blazing glory

« Reply #78905 on: June 13, 2015, 02:36:48 am »

Hrm..

It's just I'm pretty sure this thing was broke before the Summer Sale.

Also this game is now attempting to unqueue itself at random intervals.

This might make it difficult to leave it running over night...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #78906 on: June 13, 2015, 10:36:34 am »

Make sure to download Skyrim Unbound, it completely removes the pointless and boring prison-wagon ride (and the Helgen sequence) from the beginning of the game.

That stupid wagon ride was by far the single biggest flaw of the game. (The portion of the Helgen scene after you gain full control of your character is actually semi-worthwhile, but if losing it is the price to pay to remove the wagon scene it is still a massive gain in terms of game quality)

EDIT:
This goes double for people who have never played the game before. Best not to ever encounter that scene at all. It's completely worthless like the tram ride at the beginning of Half-Life

Except the tram ride was made exclusivly to show off yhe fancy new game engine that valve had JUST made. They could load it up for future investors and say "this is what vavle the company can do. It wasnt so necessary for skyrim.
Worst ad I've ever seen...

And why did they leave it in in the general commercial release of the game if it was just aimed at potential investors?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #78907 on: June 13, 2015, 10:38:18 am »

The servers break every time they have a sale. every...single...time
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78908 on: June 13, 2015, 10:43:30 am »

Urgh. The temperature jumped up 20° in the past few days. Nooo, Cirno! Come back!

"Uh, hey, do you think we should upgrade our server capacity to handle the traffic during these sales and improve customer service?"

"No."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #78909 on: June 13, 2015, 10:44:34 am »

I'm no longer sure that's the problem, considering that my download speed is at 3MB/s or so and has been for the past hour.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78910 on: June 13, 2015, 11:09:14 am »

steam just needs enough processing power not to shit itself on a regular basis, anything on top of that would be cutting into their profit margins

i'm pretty sure the load balancers are being fucked sideways with a statically charged rake every time a sale happens but somehow they don't actually explode most of the time which is actually commendable

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78911 on: June 13, 2015, 11:39:37 am »

Make sure to download Skyrim Unbound, it completely removes the pointless and boring prison-wagon ride (and the Helgen sequence) from the beginning of the game.

That stupid wagon ride was by far the single biggest flaw of the game. (The portion of the Helgen scene after you gain full control of your character is actually semi-worthwhile, but if losing it is the price to pay to remove the wagon scene it is still a massive gain in terms of game quality)

EDIT:
This goes double for people who have never played the game before. Best not to ever encounter that scene at all. It's completely worthless like the tram ride at the beginning of Half-Life

Except the tram ride was made exclusivly to show off yhe fancy new game engine that valve had JUST made. They could load it up for future investors and say "this is what vavle the company can do. It wasnt so necessary for skyrim.
Worst ad I've ever seen...

And why did they leave it in in the general commercial release of the game if it was just aimed at potential investors?

The best part of the prison wagon ride is how hilariously you can derail it with console commands. I've once ended up with the wagon upside down and spinning in the nearby creek after a particularly vigorous session of them.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #78912 on: June 13, 2015, 11:44:16 am »

The best part of the prison wagon ride is how hilariously you can derail it with console commands. I've once ended up with the wagon upside down and spinning in the nearby creek after a particularly vigorous session of them.

I did that once. The horse pulling the cart glitched out and pulled the cart down a hill. I did two things with the guy who tried to run. First, I just killed him, and the archers shot his corpse. Second, I killed the archers, and the guy just had a heart attack and died anyway. I also killed the headsman and watched as a prisoner's head mysteriously detached itself from his body.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #78913 on: June 13, 2015, 11:49:11 am »

I feel bad for NPCs who die no matter what you do, even if they aren't that important.
It's like they can't get a break even with the power of God.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #78914 on: June 13, 2015, 12:40:09 pm »

That feeling when you're not sure if the headache is the neurotoxins or the sleep deprivation (or maybe dehydration, I'unno). Freaking bugs. Why did you make us wage chemical warfare on you? Couldn't you have just starved to death in peace?!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5259 5260 [5261] 5262 5263 ... 11037