Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5240 5241 [5242] 5243 5244 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494524 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78615 on: June 09, 2015, 11:03:00 am »

It sounds like bog standard Saturday morning Disney kids' shows. Puns, "save the world" adventure based new mission per episode, trying to make the main characters relatable by making them deal with "real world" issues. Also puns.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78616 on: June 09, 2015, 11:10:58 am »

So yeah, terrible
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78617 on: June 09, 2015, 11:20:18 am »

Oh hey, they're making a new Reboot show. I remember the old one, it was pretty cool, I hope that the new one-

Transcending age groups with appeal to kids, tweens and teens, ReBoot: the Guardian Code is an adventure-comedy series about four teens (Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra) who discover that they’re next-gen Guardians with a mission to save the world, by defending it in cyberspace. The Internet revolutionized the world, but it also left it vulnerable to attack. With the help of VERA, the last surviving cyberbeing from the original Guardian Program, our heroes stream into cyberspace where they use their awesome code-based powers to battle viruses that have been unleashed by a ruthless hacker. Known only as the Sourcerer, he seeks to rule the world by controlling cyberspace.  Original fans of the show will be happy to hear that Megabyte will be back and he’s getting a major upgrade. ReBoot will showcase leading edge technologies and bring coding into the mainstream for kids.

When Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra are not trying to stop viruses from overloading a nuclear power station, or remotely opening a dam to flood a city, or playing Criss Cross Crash Hour with a city’s transportation grid, our heroes are being typical teens: arguing with their parents over curfews; dealing with crushes; or trying to avoid getting suspended for skipping class when they’re really on a cyber-mission to save the world!

WHYYYYYYYYYY
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well not that the original reboot had a very serious and involving plot, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'll go find the original series to download now.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78618 on: June 09, 2015, 11:34:34 am »

Oh man, I loved that show when I was really little.
I named my first dog after the bad guy. And I had an action figure of the main guy with the red hat.

...I don't really remember anything much about the show, just that I liked it. Probably a bad idea to actually watch it now, I might ruin the nostalgia.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #78619 on: June 09, 2015, 11:46:04 am »

So yeah, terrible
Well, see, here's the thing: Little kids have different standards of quality than adults.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78620 on: June 09, 2015, 11:55:28 am »

I dont see why the series needs retailoring.  The series already featured modem connections. A fat ethernet pipe is just an upgraded version thereof.

The setting was MainFrame, a single computer, but it featured a connection to other computers.

The main antagonist was NOT megabyte or Hex. It was "The player", who de-rezzed the citizens of Mainframe when he won at playing his video games, since the game allocated the memory they inhabited, and got purged when the game ended in his favor.

That is still relavent. PC games are still totally a thing.  Now, we have MMOs. Thats just a new plot twist-- a game zone that encompasses many computers simultaneously, AND has a controlling, coordinating server.

This could be addressed MUCH better and MUCH more in line with the old series than that screed from a producer's ass describes.

and I didnt even really like the old show. Phht.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #78621 on: June 09, 2015, 12:13:27 pm »

Eh the User was more like a semi-dickish god than a villain, complete with helpful divine intervention deux ex machina at the end of season 3. But yeah what a waste of potential plottage :(
It's FEF, not FEOF

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78622 on: June 09, 2015, 01:13:22 pm »

it's a library right?  find a book to read?

Err, no? When did I say that it was? It's an appointment for an attorney.

And it was a complete waste of time, at that. Apparently the way they've treated me - including what a certain lying bitch did - is not illegal at all.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #78623 on: June 09, 2015, 01:45:30 pm »

More insanity in my day. Now, I'm seeing a short, looping ad video on a webpage that, every single time it loops, causes the page to scroll exactly to it for several seconds, preventing scrolling away. There is a pause button on the video, which does absolutely nothing. And even crashing the Flash plugin that enables to even exist on a webpage doesn't even do anything.

Disable javascript.

Also, scan for viruses
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #78624 on: June 09, 2015, 01:55:16 pm »

So I'm seriously   considering doing an xcom lp here... For SOME reason.

Though I say this at work, on the toilet. Poi
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78625 on: June 09, 2015, 02:09:04 pm »

What better place to be thinking about an X-Com LP?

Do a Piratez mod LP for the giggles.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #78626 on: June 09, 2015, 02:15:09 pm »

YARR, Sign me up, while at it. I don't mind getting horribly maimed.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #78627 on: June 09, 2015, 02:31:10 pm »

So I'm seriously   considering doing an xcom lp here... For SOME reason.

Though I say this at work, on the toilet. Poi
Some of my best thinking is done on the toilet. Or in the shower. I have yet to try thinking while showering on the toilet.

poi

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78628 on: June 09, 2015, 02:44:42 pm »

So apparently, while I wasn't looking, Putnam has gone and break through the limits of DF modding and into the realm of sheer unadulterated badass:
I really shouldn't focus on the power; I could just add more zeroes whenever I want to increase the power, seriously, the max theoretical power I can give a unit right now is 10296 times the current max.
I probably won't go up to that number. On the other hand, since I don't use a persistent configuration integer thing for ki anymore, I could always implement a sort of BiggerInt system that goes up to arbitrary levels, but 1024-bit seems a bit excessive already.
The power levels, they are out of control!
._.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #78629 on: June 09, 2015, 03:22:33 pm »

I think I underestimated how much caffeine there is in three-ish glasses of homemade green tea drunk one after the other.

My train of though got... philosoraptory and my pupils dilated so much that my screen and the lamp next to it - literally the only sources of light currently on - were painful to look at.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 5240 5241 [5242] 5243 5244 ... 11037