Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5237 5238 [5239] 5240 5241 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494657 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78570 on: June 07, 2015, 05:26:06 pm »

I got the "good" ending in Deus Ex HR. So, apparently that isn't even mostly dependent on killing. Because I made it a point to kill every single Belltower employee in the game, and showed no particular aversion to killing gangsters and terrorists. I even shot Taggart in the head after he gave me his spiel at the end, solely because of his support for the group that orchestrated the events at the start of the game.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #78571 on: June 07, 2015, 05:29:36 pm »

I got the "good" ending in Deus Ex HR. So, apparently that isn't even mostly dependent on killing. Because I made it a point to kill every single Belltower employee in the game, and showed no particular aversion to killing gangsters and terrorists. I even shot Taggart in the head after he gave me his spiel at the end, solely because of his support for the group that orchestrated the events at the start of the game.
I've done the exact same kind of run through, also got Good. It's probably primarily based on certain quest resolutions.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #78572 on: June 07, 2015, 05:36:02 pm »

I've done the exact same kind of run through, also got Good. It's probably primarily based on certain quest resolutions.
That would probably make sense. I did every one that didn't involve helping gangsters do some extortion (I know you can resolve that one in a Good fashion, but Jensen didn't), and tended to choose the most blatantly Good outcome wherever possible.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #78573 on: June 07, 2015, 05:44:43 pm »

They are probably counting on the fact that the vast majority of their customers rarely actually look at their paypal account and only really use it as an easier payment method over credit cards.

Such users like myself, would likely not notice the changes to the terms and conditions and not go into the settings to opt out of the marketing if not made aware of it through other means.  And instead wonder where all the calls were coming from and be more likely to blame the last online store they put info into instead of paypal themselves.

It's kinda evil genius-y.

EDIT: Just went into paypal to opt out like that news site said and it seems that there is no such option.  Unless it's turned off for old accounts by default.   Only way I can see to do it is to put all 0's for phone number, which...surprisingly looks like it works.

If it isn't a financial service, they probably just don't need your phone number. Paypal kinda needs it though, so they can make you aware of anything... untoward. It really is evil genius-y. deserving of grudging respect even. At least it would be if robocalls weren't so annoying.

I dunno where you live, but in USA we have the Do Not Call registry. If you're not in the US you should see if you have something similar in your country.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #78574 on: June 07, 2015, 06:08:10 pm »

Do Not Call doesn't apply when you give explicit permission to be called, which Paypal's new terms require you to do unless you go out of your way to opt out (they offered to do this when I called earlier when trying to cancel my account).

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #78575 on: June 07, 2015, 06:10:34 pm »

Wait what?

Don't you just
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78576 on: June 07, 2015, 06:18:07 pm »

Wait what?

Don't you just
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78577 on: June 07, 2015, 08:21:51 pm »

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/21/Dromaeosaurid_parade_by_durbed.jpg

The wikipedia page showing some dinosaur sizes. It has a dapper man to compare them to.
I want a microraptor.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #78578 on: June 07, 2015, 09:13:19 pm »

Quote from: message in my crawl game
The elephant tramples itself.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78579 on: June 07, 2015, 09:22:41 pm »

Do Not Call doesn't apply when you give explicit permission to be called, which Paypal's new terms require you to do unless you go out of your way to opt out (they offered to do this when I called earlier when trying to cancel my account).
There's also plenty of spam callers that ignore the list. It'll cut down a lot, but you'll still usually get one every other day or so if you have a landline.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #78580 on: June 07, 2015, 11:34:35 pm »

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 11:09:00 am by penguinofhonor »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #78581 on: June 07, 2015, 11:59:12 pm »

There's also plenty of spam callers that ignore the list. It'll cut down a lot, but you'll still usually get one every other day or so if you have a landline.
I get probably 3 a day on my cell. The DNC List is a bad joke of non-enforcement.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78582 on: June 08, 2015, 12:00:04 am »

Hey now, I got two calls on the landline yesterday.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #78583 on: June 08, 2015, 12:21:28 am »

[collegestudentish]What the hibiscus is a landline? [/collegestudentish]
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #78584 on: June 08, 2015, 12:49:19 am »

It's a magical phone that doesn't have text or internet. Also it sometimes works when the power's out! Unless you've got one of those newer wireless ones, then you're probably SoL.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 5237 5238 [5239] 5240 5241 ... 11037