Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5236 5237 [5238] 5239 5240 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494585 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78555 on: June 07, 2015, 12:47:29 pm »

Time to beat the music puns into the ground, it seems.

E: Really should have used scat instead of shoo, shoo, though. It would have kept the trend going.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:49:10 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #78556 on: June 07, 2015, 12:51:51 pm »

Time to beat the music puns into the ground, it seems.
It seems signature for Bay12 to come up with a bunch of puns, if given enough time. People just get into a natural rhythm, y'know?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78557 on: June 07, 2015, 12:56:24 pm »

hey, there's no reason to flip it over and turn the tables on this you know-- afterall, we're just getting our groove on.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78558 on: June 07, 2015, 01:17:38 pm »

We can't just blow this off, or at least put a pin in it?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78559 on: June 07, 2015, 01:23:38 pm »

All this pun noise doesn't jive with me.  Reminds me of scat, punks, and all that jazz.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78560 on: June 07, 2015, 01:24:28 pm »

I have no recollection of that.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78562 on: June 07, 2015, 01:44:16 pm »

I find it weird that this is being used as a platform of man hate. Given that uhhh... It wasn't a man who cheated.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78563 on: June 07, 2015, 01:45:08 pm »

I find it hilarious trying to consider how long before it had been written.
The once place that every man will see but very few women will.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78564 on: June 07, 2015, 02:08:49 pm »

The once place that every man will see but very few women will.
Not every man, but it was a clever hiding place.

I find it weird that this is being used as a platform of man hate. Given that uhhh... It wasn't a man who cheated.
I find it disgusting that people are using this as a platform to hate on an entire gender. People are using it as evidence to suggest that all women are unfaithful, and other are using it to suggest that all men will just sleep with anyone.
It makes about as much sense as people hating on all black people the minute one of them commits a cr- oh wait.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78565 on: June 07, 2015, 02:16:33 pm »

Ehhhh given #notallmen and #yesallmen

Equal opportunity and all that.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78566 on: June 07, 2015, 02:39:29 pm »

They are probably counting on the fact that the vast majority of their customers rarely actually look at their paypal account and only really use it as an easier payment method over credit cards.

Such users like myself, would likely not notice the changes to the terms and conditions and not go into the settings to opt out of the marketing if not made aware of it through other means.  And instead wonder where all the calls were coming from and be more likely to blame the last online store they put info into instead of paypal themselves.

It's kinda evil genius-y.

EDIT: Just went into paypal to opt out like that news site said and it seems that there is no such option.  Unless it's turned off for old accounts by default.   Only way I can see to do it is to put all 0's for phone number, which...surprisingly looks like it works.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 02:46:00 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78567 on: June 07, 2015, 02:48:52 pm »

They are probably counting on the fact that the vast majority of their customers rarely actually look at their paypal account and only really use it as an easier payment method over credit cards.

Such users like myself, would likely not notice the changes to the terms and conditions and not go into the settings to opt out of the marketing if not made aware of it through other means.  And instead wonder where all the calls were coming from and be more likely to blame the last online store they put info into instead of paypal themselves.

It's kinda evil genius-y.

EDIT: Just went into paypal to opt out like that news site said and it seems that there is no such option.  Unless it's turned off for old accounts by default.   Only way I can see to do it is to put all 0's for phone number, which...surprisingly looks like it works.

If it isn't a financial service, they probably just don't need your phone number. Paypal kinda needs it though, so they can make you aware of anything... untoward. It really is evil genius-y. deserving of grudging respect even. At least it would be if robocalls weren't so annoying.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #78568 on: June 07, 2015, 03:22:34 pm »

Huh. Well, I've transferred all my accounts that billed through Paypal over to my debit card. Apparently I've got to wait a couple of days since one of them paid out today, but sometime later this week I'll close the account.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78569 on: June 07, 2015, 03:46:47 pm »

Get out of work just minutes after the bus would have arrived... not that it would matter since the bus does no go into the college on Sundays. I told the driver this morning about it, but it nearly started a fight with the other passengers. And I didn't think that the drriver would not tell the other drivers on the route about until I left - my fault since he's that driver and I should have known better. I call my mom for a ride, but she doesn't answer.

I start walking to the next stop, but a coworker gives me a ride. Good, since it was about twice as far as I originally thought(an extra mile or so). My mom calls me back, and I tell her I'll be home in an hour or so(that was an hour and a half ago ;)). She says she would give me a ride home, but she's already drinking.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 5236 5237 [5238] 5239 5240 ... 11037