Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5232 5233 [5234] 5235 5236 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492361 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78495 on: June 06, 2015, 01:34:49 am »

Although I really need to stop reading this Bad Webcomics thing. The author seems to think that all trans people are just fetishistic sex offenders and creepy weirdos.

Despite this, any comic that contains gender swapping as a comedic element with no meaning gets heavily bashed for treating trans people like a joke. It's safe to say that the author is either a massive troll or an asshole.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm referring to the author of the Bad Webcomics articles, not any comic author. I quite like Misfile, despite it having a very serious flaw.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 01:39:27 am by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #78496 on: June 06, 2015, 02:26:46 am »

KITCHENBOT INFESTATION DETECTED
OH SHIT
Where? Where? Hurry, I wanna see! :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #78497 on: June 06, 2015, 02:28:24 am »

It just posted in GD.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #78498 on: June 06, 2015, 02:39:30 am »

CLEANSE AND PURGE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #78499 on: June 06, 2015, 02:40:20 am »

Found it. :D
Pretty small OP for a bot. I would have expected a few paragraphs, not a single sentence.

One person is asking why we get them when we don't talk about kitchens very often. My answer: Cat Tallow Biscuits. And previous infestations.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78500 on: June 06, 2015, 04:17:23 am »

You know... until Brother Bear I never thought there would ever be a character where I could say "Wow, he sure would be a much better character as a talking bear" but there I go.

I already have a character who would have been better as a Talking Tiger (a book character... and no he isn't a talking tiger in the book... but he would be improved by being so)

Now all I need is a character who would be vastly improved by being a Talking Dog and BOOM!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #78501 on: June 06, 2015, 05:37:56 am »

There's also a Wikidot devoted to bashing random webcomics the creator deems 'bad'. It tries to appear objective, but when a webcomic about transsexuality is 'bad' because it's not about street racing...

I won't link to it here as there's no point in feeding the trolls by giving them views.
I remember that Wiki giving me warm fuzzies because they said Dan Shive is a pretty cool guy even though El Goonish Shive is terrible for some vague reasons.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78502 on: June 06, 2015, 06:52:50 am »

Made some rice last night. And the night before. There isn't any other food in the house besides ramen. The rice is not agreeing with my digestive system.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #78503 on: June 06, 2015, 06:56:25 am »

KITCHENBOT INFESTATION DETECTED
OH SHIT
I HATE THESE KITCHENBOTS SO MUCH, IT MAKES ME WANT TO BUY CHEAP STOVES

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #78504 on: June 06, 2015, 07:13:22 am »

Have you considered this one weird trick to reduce kitchenbots in forums? Spambots HATES it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78505 on: June 06, 2015, 08:33:42 am »

There's also a Wikidot devoted to bashing random webcomics the creator deems 'bad'. It tries to appear objective, but when a webcomic about transsexuality is 'bad' because it's not about street racing...

I won't link to it here as there's no point in feeding the trolls by giving them views.
I remember that Wiki giving me warm fuzzies because they said Dan Shive is a pretty cool guy even though El Goonish Shive is terrible for some vague reasons.
I haven't read that review but I totally agree about Dan Shive.  I absolutely love the amount of commentary he puts under almost every comic, explaining his art experimentation and elements of his writing.  He particularly likes linking back to older comics whenever he makes an important reference, which is *so* convenient.  I liked the comic before he started doing that, but I think it's helped my appreciation a lot.

Schlock Mercenary used to have some fun explanatory commentaries but they're practically gone now...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #78506 on: June 06, 2015, 08:54:04 am »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #78507 on: June 06, 2015, 08:56:32 am »

grisha5

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #78508 on: June 06, 2015, 09:01:23 am »

Total Grisha Station 13 now?

I've been drinking coffee with steadily decreasing quantities of sugar recently. In the course of about a week, I've gone from two spoons being about right to being far too sweet and one flat spoon being good. I don't even.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #78509 on: June 06, 2015, 09:22:09 am »

Total Grisha Station 5 now?
FTFY.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 5232 5233 [5234] 5235 5236 ... 11037