Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5231 5232 [5233] 5234 5235 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492317 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78480 on: June 05, 2015, 10:33:32 pm »

pry random keycaps from the keyboard with one of the class knives
Also, I still have no idea who would do that, because it inconveniences everyone in the house, not just a few people.

There is actually a valid emotional reason to remove certain keys.
This somehow eventually led me to a website entirely devoted to deriding XKCD comics.

There is now another person I want to punch in the face in this world.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #78481 on: June 05, 2015, 11:37:45 pm »

There's also a Wikidot devoted to bashing random webcomics the creator deems 'bad'. It tries to appear objective, but when a webcomic about transsexuality is 'bad' because it's not about street racing...

I won't link to it here as there's no point in feeding the trolls by giving them views.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #78482 on: June 05, 2015, 11:40:14 pm »

I think I've seen that one. Bad Webcomics Wiki, right?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #78483 on: June 05, 2015, 11:42:14 pm »

Yep.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78484 on: June 05, 2015, 11:48:56 pm »

There's also a Wikidot devoted to bashing random webcomics the creator deems 'bad'. It tries to appear objective, but when a webcomic about transsexuality is 'bad' because it's not about street racing...
I can't remember the name of that one, but I do remember that the comic is not supposed to be about street racing. It's about the main character and their sudden Ranma-esque transformation. It's actually a decent webcomic, IMHO, and it raises a lot of issues about gender, sexism, and sexuality. If you can get past the "amateur anime" art style, it's a good read. Now, if only I could remember the name...

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78485 on: June 05, 2015, 11:49:58 pm »

Quote from: Win32 API tutorial
imagine you send a sexy letter to your grand-mother in Australia about her already dead grand grand-father who is celebrating his first job while he has just become 5 years old

Uhm

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #78486 on: June 05, 2015, 11:54:12 pm »

...Y2K?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78487 on: June 05, 2015, 11:56:07 pm »

That wiki tries really (really) hard to be some sort of encyclopaedia dramatica of webcomics (and suspiciously enough, he might be an editor on ED as well, since the articles on webcomics from ED are strangely similar to his), but falls short on everything since the editors (editor?) is completely serious about everything he writes and dedicates a good portion of the articles to bashing the authors for bogus and unrelated reasons. Its kinda sad and hilarious. Hell, half of his article on the Goblins webcomic is about how he really hates the author.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:03:40 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78488 on: June 06, 2015, 12:09:56 am »

...Y2K?
I looked up this webcomic and, no, the art style was actually better than that.

EDIT:
Misfile! It was called Misfile!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:22:05 am by AlleeCat »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #78489 on: June 06, 2015, 12:24:56 am »

Somebody stole the wifi antenna for one of the public computers. Not the adapter, they just stole the antenna. So much random shit gets stolen around here. It baffles me. What the hell would you possibly need with a $2, inch and a half long screw-on antenna? Also, why the hell am I the only person around here who has to deal with these kinds of problems? I only just happened to have a spare antenna laying around, and nobody even noticed the damn thing was missing before I thought to check the wireless card itself. They should really just hire me to do IT here.

When I was in high school, it was common to take a pair of pliers to the floppy drive eject button (on the case, not the actual drive button) and turn it around 180 degrees so that it did not work, pry random keycaps from the keyboard with one of the class knives, or steal the class match supply. It's essentially vandalism - causing inconveniences for the sake of inconvenience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHCdKb5UWc
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78490 on: June 06, 2015, 12:28:47 am »

Although I really need to stop reading this Bad Webcomics thing. The author seems to think that all trans people are just fetishistic sex offenders and creepy weirdos.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #78491 on: June 06, 2015, 12:29:33 am »

...Y2K?
I looked up this webcomic and, no, the art style was actually better than that.

EDIT:
Misfile! It was called Misfile!

i was replying to the win32 manual thing

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78492 on: June 06, 2015, 12:44:25 am »

Although I really need to stop reading this Bad Webcomics thing. The author seems to think that all trans people are just fetishistic sex offenders and creepy weirdos.

The review for Exterminatus Now is making me laugh out loud.  It's actually a fairly positive review, talking about how the art and jokes have mechanically approved.  But one of the characters detracts in the author's opinion.  Pretty decent article.

... Except that every few lines the author feels the need to remind us, with many expletives, that it's furry and definitely awful.  I'm not sure if this was edited by another author, or if the original author was in denial.  Honestly it reads like he liked the comic, but kept having to make the review negative due to the site's premise. 

The easiest way to do that was to mock the comic's premise, which is admittedly very silly: Sonic-like anthros serve as inquisitors in a parody of Warhammer 40k.  Also, the main characters were writer-inserts of a group of friends.  Fortunately the comic isn't meant to be serious, so IMO it works out.  It's a balance of mild grimdark with slapstick and sassy one liners.  Feels like a roleplaying group having fun, which I guess is close to the original truth...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #78493 on: June 06, 2015, 01:23:48 am »

KITCHENBOT INFESTATION DETECTED
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #78494 on: June 06, 2015, 01:26:15 am »

KITCHENBOT INFESTATION DETECTED
OH SHIT
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 5231 5232 [5233] 5234 5235 ... 11037