Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5227 5228 [5229] 5230 5231 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491762 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78420 on: June 04, 2015, 09:07:10 pm »

I don't know what you're talking about.  That post was never wrong in anyway.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #78421 on: June 04, 2015, 09:18:48 pm »

Went out to buy eggs, returned with a bag full of ramen, my monthly new food (elderberry jelly), and no eggs because I forgot. Dammit!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78422 on: June 04, 2015, 09:24:27 pm »

Apparently Tennessee is reintroducing cursive writing to its grade school cirriculum, and not to the history cirriculum either. I can't imagine any situation in which a person would need to know this; granted there are still a lot of situations in which people are expected to sign their names in cursive, but if we keep humoring them this outmoded practice will never be phased out (cursive signitures that is, cursive itself has already been phased out most other places). The only time somebody should be learning cursive in school is if they're a college student majoring in history who will need to be reading a lot of old documents.

why do people think fiction is real

they use terminator as an argument against AI

they use jurassic park as an argument against genetics

they're just movies goddamn

Yeah, especially since Jurassic Park wasn't even really about genetics anyway (though it may have been intended to be), it was more about badly designed zoos. It's fundamentally no different from when those people in San Francisco got mauled by tigers that got out of their enclosures
I
You mean like the constitution, the bill of rights and other historical documents?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:32:34 pm by SimRobert2001 »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78423 on: June 04, 2015, 09:33:18 pm »

What's it with anglophones and cursive? Everybody I know writes cursive, because it's way faster and more comfortable than block type. Obviously, comprehensibility suffers, but we're used to it. When did you guys stop writing in cursive, and why?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78424 on: June 04, 2015, 09:34:37 pm »

Everyone over the age of 40 I know is suddenly breaking?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78425 on: June 04, 2015, 09:38:15 pm »

Mine haven't, so it's not a worldwide conspiracy at least.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78426 on: June 04, 2015, 09:39:53 pm »

One only needs to drink two litres if one doesn't eat anything. Pretty much all food contains water, so one should have no problems with the recommended intake i one eats well. The recommendation is also an average of both time and people, so one can go under and above it on separate days to no ill effect.

Basically, if you're feeling thirsty, drink. Don't force yourself to drink if you're not thirsty.

That's right. The original research was that you must consume 2 litres of H2O per day as part of your diet. There was never any research saying you have to specifically drink two litres of tap water per day. That was a layman's understanding of the research that became popularized.

All liquids e.g. tea and coffee count. I have a teapot that can hold 1 litre btw, which is about 3.5 full mugs of tea. I can drink a few pots of that per day, plus occasional coffees so I'm actually exceeding the rec. intake just from tea and coffee. A decent sized coffee mug holds 250ml, so 4 cups of tea or coffee is half your required water intake.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:42:30 pm by Reelya »

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78427 on: June 04, 2015, 11:27:45 pm »

So apparently texas keeps a public record of their death row prisoners, including a registry of their last words, that can be acessed here. Most are what you'd expect from someone on the death row, but some are... Odd.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78428 on: June 05, 2015, 12:02:20 am »

Link doesn't work. :-\
Those records can be fascinating, I know that much already.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78429 on: June 05, 2015, 12:04:17 am »

Thats odd, link works fine for me. Here's the actual link if anyone wants to give it a try http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/death_row/dr_executed_offenders.html

On other WTF: You know rotten.com? Basically the first website dedicated to gore on the internet? It hasn't been updated in over 7 years now due to lawsuits, but somehow the domain is still up and running, with content and everything, with someone paying the hosting costs and everything. There's also the heaven's gate cult website, the guys that commited mass suicide back in 97. Apparently if you send them an email through the address listed on their website, they actualy answer you back, because the cult leader told one of his guys to not take part in the suicide so he could keep the website alive and preserve their history or something.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:10:04 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78430 on: June 05, 2015, 12:06:06 am »

Just perused some.

That was kind of macabre. Usually it's either Jesus stuff or Family stuff.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78431 on: June 05, 2015, 12:11:37 am »

I was talking about the "odd" one, and it's working now. Huh, that certainly is odd.
Was the attorney a medium or something? O.o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78432 on: June 05, 2015, 12:13:32 am »

Plot twist: the attorney is his mom.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #78433 on: June 05, 2015, 12:15:12 am »

What's it with anglophones and cursive? Everybody I know writes cursive, because it's way faster and more comfortable than block type. Obviously, comprehensibility suffers, but we're used to it. When did you guys stop writing in cursive, and why?
As the self-appointed high priest of typography, cursive is the tool of calligraphers and calligraphers are EVIL
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78434 on: June 05, 2015, 01:34:30 am »

Plot twist: the attorney is his mom.

I think that was it.
Pages: 1 ... 5227 5228 [5229] 5230 5231 ... 11037