Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5226 5227 [5228] 5229 5230 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491663 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78405 on: June 04, 2015, 11:29:49 am »

I keep one of those water pitchers with a built-in filter on my desk, like this one:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The upper reservoir is almost exactly the size of a 21oz drink cup from Wendy's, which is how I fill it.  I do so about 3 times a typical day, which is actually almost exactly the recommended 64oz per day.  When I'm drinking beer I have to fill it a few extra times, of course, since the beer is diuretic (induces urination).  Not to mention extra water is the best hangover preventer, up to a certain point (a point well after being happily buzzed).

It's supposed to go in a refrigerator but it's fine.  I empty it out overnight and clean it when it tastes funny or the green film appears on the inside.  Years ago I had terrible headaches, they turned out to be from chronic dehydration (though I didn't *feel* thirsty...)  A little harmless algae is vastly preferable.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78406 on: June 04, 2015, 11:33:55 am »

I am reasonably certain that having access to clean water is part of the human rights that guarantee an adequate standard of living. So if you don't have that, that's pretty bad.
He says he's from Arizona, not known for its abundant fresh water supplies. He might not be talking about physical sickness (as in disease) but feeling sick, which I can attest from experience is common with mineral-tasting well water.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #78407 on: June 04, 2015, 11:35:41 am »

I am reasonably certain that having access to clean water is part of the human rights that guarantee an adequate standard of living. So if you don't have that, that's pretty bad.
If you were responding to me, the water around here actually is clean. Like, the vast majority of people in this area have absolutely no problem with it. But for some gorram reason, the local (and by local, I mean roughly all of it in a 300 or so mile radius) water (tap or well) makes that dangly thing in my throat swell up if I drink it for anything approaching an extended period. Somehow, bottled stuff doesn't do that. It actually didn't do that until three or four years ago, too. I have no freaking idea why. The doctors I've talked to have no freaking idea why. So I just roll with it. Other than the plastic pollution and the mildly increased cost, it's not that big of a deal.

And the Arizona is a lie. Florida, actually.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78408 on: June 04, 2015, 11:41:07 am »

If you were responding to me, the water around here actually is clean. Like, the vast majority of people in this area have absolutely no problem with it. But for some gorram reason, the local (and by local, I mean roughly all of it in a 300 or so mile radius) water (tap or well) makes that dangly thing in my throat swell up if I drink it for anything approaching an extended period. Somehow, bottled stuff doesn't do that. It actually didn't do that until three or four years ago, too. I have no freaking idea why. The doctors I've talked to have no freaking idea why. So I just roll with it. Other than the plastic pollution and the mildly increased cost, it's not that big of a deal.

And the Arizona is a lie. Florida, actually.
...there isn't a place called Nunya, Arizona? I thought maybe it was from Spanish, "Nuña" or something.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #78409 on: June 04, 2015, 11:45:13 am »

That is weird... And the doctors ruled out allergies, even?

Also, the U.S. has a lot of duplicate town names. Wouldn't be surprising to find more than one Nunya. Both Florida and the South West were originally colonized by the Spanish; maybe English-speaking settlers picked up on the word and it stuck.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78410 on: June 04, 2015, 11:51:22 am »

That is weird... And the doctors ruled out allergies, even?

Also, the U.S. has a lot of duplicate town names. Wouldn't be surprising to find more than one Nunya. Both Florida and the South West were originally colonized by the Spanish; maybe English-speaking settlers picked up on the word and it stuck.
I just realized it's supposed to be "Nunya business". There is no Nunya anywhere, it's all a joke.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #78411 on: June 04, 2015, 11:52:45 am »

Bingo. If there's an actual Nunya, Arizona, I've never heard of it.

And yeah, more or less EB. If it's allergies, they couldn't tell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78412 on: June 04, 2015, 01:25:58 pm »

[...] that dangly thing in my throat [...]
You mean your uvula? I only know that because it sounds funny.
Bingo. If there's an actual Nunya, Arizona, I've never heard of it.

And yeah, more or less EB. If it's allergies, they couldn't tell.
I'm going to make my own country called Bizniz. The capital would be named Nunya.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78413 on: June 04, 2015, 01:33:55 pm »

[...] that dangly thing in my throat [...]
You mean your uvula? I only know that because it sounds funny.
It's Latin for "little grape".
*the more you know star meme*

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #78415 on: June 04, 2015, 02:23:46 pm »

This is probably my cue to stop using the internet for tonight.
I'm curious for the context, but I'm pretty sure it'd make me gouge my eyes out, so no thanks. Do not want.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78416 on: June 04, 2015, 05:10:48 pm »

i thought the words "superheated tomato piss" would be ones that i'd never utter, and that was a pretty short list

i uttered the words

in my own kitchen no less

goddamn

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78417 on: June 04, 2015, 06:10:24 pm »

This is probably my cue to stop using the internet for tonight.
I'm curious for the context, but I'm pretty sure it'd make me gouge my eyes out, so no thanks. Do not want.

Seen that one at least a dozen times before.
And trust me, it's among the least disturbing things out there.
Maybe age and enough internet has desensitized me over the years.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:23:41 pm by Ultimuh »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #78418 on: June 04, 2015, 08:09:38 pm »

« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 09:06:44 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #78419 on: June 04, 2015, 08:49:15 pm »

Sawfish, EH. Fish of the saw sort.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 5226 5227 [5228] 5229 5230 ... 11037