Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5225 5226 [5227] 5228 5229 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492269 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78390 on: June 04, 2015, 07:32:31 am »

The last one got people trapped in 14 elevators and it took 70 minutes to get them all out. They're afraid that if there's a worse earthquake people could be trapped for longer and one of them would be the Devil.

Don't worry though, Satan for only likes killing evil people.

But likes even more to turn good people evil.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78391 on: June 04, 2015, 07:50:37 am »

'Oh Nooo, My poop is unashamedly sitting on the floor of this elevator! Time to turn to devil-worship'.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #78392 on: June 04, 2015, 08:47:41 am »

'Oh Nooo, My poop is unashamedly sitting on the floor of this elevator! Time to turn to devil-worship'.
It's the only reasonable response. Brought to you by M. Night Shyamalamadingdong.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78393 on: June 04, 2015, 08:52:32 am »

This sounds like a bug in one of the progress reports from Toady.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #78394 on: June 04, 2015, 09:15:32 am »

It's the only reasonable response. Brought to you by M. Night Shyamalamadingdong.
They then proceed to sacrificially burn the poop in the hopes that appeasing Satan will cause the elevator to work again.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78395 on: June 04, 2015, 09:33:11 am »

Bottled water and a floor port+collapsible funnel-toilet would go a long way.  150 pounds of water would be about about a week's worth for 5 people, based on quick google math.  And that's *recommended* water intake, I'm sure the survival amount is far less (particularly since I doubt hardly anyone actually drinks 2 liters a day... though the elevator could be really hot)  Some dense calories would make the experience a lot less hellish, too.

(I've heard restroom use is a particularly taboo subject in Japan though, so maybe some sort of folding sheet as well)

Along with, this may sound silly, a USB cord and/or wall power socket.  Possibly allowing communication (though elevators tend to act like faraday cages, and have that wired communication system) but also letting people use devices to read or play.  An actual concern for being trapped in a metal box for days.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #78396 on: June 04, 2015, 10:33:48 am »

Yeeaahh... it's frankly kinda' hard to actually down two liters of water(/liquid) in a day, especially if you're not pretty active. Been dealing with a week or two trying to get a family member to up their liquid intake -- they were clinically dehydrated, and it turned out they were drinking something like 30-32 oz/day on the upper end. A great deal of concentrated effort and constantly shoving full water bottles into their hand has gotten that up to about half the recommend intake, but it's... not easy getting someone who hasn't been drinking right to get back up on the level they need to be.

Without actively making myself drink, I usually manage about half a gallon a day, which is... still under the recommend intake. 2 liters is a bit over half a gallon.

... in any case, the regular-use adage has been 8 by 8 -- eight eight-ounce glasses of water a day, which is actually a bit under the AI (by .2 or so liters, if my memory's working -- 8x8oz is 1.9l, the lower AI is 2.1 or thereabouts). So yeah, folks can manage less than 2 liters/day fairly trivially. Technically shouldn't, but they do.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #78397 on: June 04, 2015, 10:53:03 am »

One only needs to drink two litres if one doesn't eat anything. Pretty much all food contains water, so one should have no problems with the recommended intake i one eats well. The recommendation is also an average of both time and people, so one can go under and above it on separate days to no ill effect.

Basically, if you're feeling thirsty, drink. Don't force yourself to drink if you're not thirsty.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78398 on: June 04, 2015, 11:07:14 am »

... so apparently the Game of Thrones lost a special effects editor to... a lion. Couple days ago. Killed on a wildlife preserve in africa when some idiot opened a car window. Helluva' way to go.
Strangely appropriate, given the show. They could say he was mauled by a shadowcat while out on a hunt. In all honesty, though, that does suck.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #78399 on: June 04, 2015, 11:08:47 am »

She, but yes.
Ask not!
Ask!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78400 on: June 04, 2015, 11:13:10 am »

-snip-
It happens fairly organically when there's a big open bottle with a wide enough (!) neck sitting next to you. It's what I do, and I frequently get pissed that the water's gone already.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #78401 on: June 04, 2015, 11:18:51 am »

*shrugs* I just have a straight up gallon jug sitting beside me, generally. Sometimes refilled, sometimes used to brew lemonaid or something after it's empty... like said, casually drink about half one a day, sometimes a bit less, usually no more.

Would absolutely love to be doing something besides subsisting on plastic bottled water, but unfortunately literally every other source I have access to makes me sick :-\

Unfortunately, the person that's been badly under-hydrating doesn't really respond well to that. Drinks most when they've got little bottles and constant access.
Ask not!
Ask!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78402 on: June 04, 2015, 11:21:06 am »

One only needs to drink two litres if one doesn't eat anything. Pretty much all food contains water, so one should have no problems with the recommended intake i one eats well. The recommendation is also an average of both time and people, so one can go under and above it on separate days to no ill effect.

Basically, if you're feeling thirsty, drink. Don't force yourself to drink if you're not thirsty.

Not always, some people need to drink more than they feel like. Old people, for example, often don't drink enough (from an article for nurses about care for old folks in a home).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78404 on: June 04, 2015, 11:27:00 am »

I am reasonably certain that having access to clean water is part of the human rights that guarantee an adequate standard of living. So if you don't have that, that's pretty bad.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 5225 5226 [5227] 5228 5229 ... 11037