Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5202 5203 [5204] 5205 5206 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14504038 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #78045 on: May 31, 2015, 11:17:29 am »

Potionslime should drop potions.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #78046 on: May 31, 2015, 11:18:29 am »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:17:07 pm by penguinofhonor »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78047 on: May 31, 2015, 11:19:13 am »

Potionslime should drop potions.
Or at least, ingredients for the potions.

By forcing the player to manage resources and take risks, the game becomes more engaging, and hopefully more fun.

Or rage-inducing. If you're stuck in a dungeon, run out of potions, and need 2-3 per fight, and forgot to keep an extra save.

For some reason, yesterday I had an urge to wear glasses. I don't know why. My eyes aren't so bad to need them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #78048 on: May 31, 2015, 11:22:47 am »

am i worth keeping

If you were an RPG item, I would definently save you for a boss battle.

The things I save 'for boss battles' or 'the final boss', I rarely ever use even at those moments.
Yep.
I used all my MegaElixirs when I fought Lavos. I'm not afraid to die of using things I have.

By extension, I'd find Descan highly useful when we fight the final boss. 4chan, I guess?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78049 on: May 31, 2015, 11:25:30 am »

At worst you could toss him in front as a meatshield, while you escape.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #78050 on: May 31, 2015, 11:25:56 am »

Nah, final boss'd be the NSA or the Mighty Mecha Luddite* or somethin'. 4chan'd be more like a fungus that kept trying to infest your clothes as the game progressed.

*Once, it was a mere frothing-at-the-mouth technology hating bastard. Then, it was roboticized. Now its self-reinforcing rage has been set forth to lay waste to the entire world's infrastructure! Can the great heroes of the internet bind together to stop the hypocritical beast's rampage!?

Find out next week!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 11:30:11 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #78051 on: May 31, 2015, 11:29:06 am »

By forcing the player to manage resources and take risks, the game becomes more engaging, and hopefully more fun.

I wholeheartedly disagree. If I wanted to make tedious decisions about what to keep and what to get rid of I'd go clean my bedroom.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #78052 on: May 31, 2015, 11:31:49 am »

So my body occasionally does this weird thing where it starts to just overheat and produce a lot of heat only to vent it out.

Are... are you a robot?!?

My wtf - our Slow Lord of Poke is back. I didn't even know.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78053 on: May 31, 2015, 12:04:35 pm »

I'm just imagining people tossing my head at the enemy like a grenade, and then I sit there and gently vibrate against it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #78054 on: May 31, 2015, 12:22:36 pm »

Do not vibrate gently into that good night!
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #78055 on: May 31, 2015, 12:29:27 pm »

Cease oscillations forthwith

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78056 on: May 31, 2015, 02:43:56 pm »

Apostrophes. Fucking apostrophes in languages in your fantasy/sci-fi book. What the fuck do those signify, dear author?

Are they, perhaps, signify some feature of the sound before them, like palatalization or pharyngealization or whatever? But no, wait, this can't be the case because you stick them indiscriminately before both vowels and consonants both voiced and unvoiced!

So they've gotta be individual sounds, amirite? Perhaps some consonant like a glottal stop, to which you didn't want to dedicate an entire letter. Okay. Try to pronounce a glottal stop between [t] and [r]. You can't. Admit it. Oh, they're aliens? Quit your whimpering. Their vocal systems are so different that they can pronounce shit like that and that's the only way in which it affected their consonant inventories?

Perhaps these apostrophes have a non-phonetic function, like demarcating morpheme boundaries? That would make sense, but you're using words like R'blablablablabla. Do you mean there are only two morphemes in this long-ass word? Are not all of them marked, perhaps? Okay. See here: this is obviously non-native orthography, yes? Because why would one want to mark morphemes in one's own language? Therefore, this demarcation exists to aid non-native readers. Why would they want to have only some morphemes marked, but not all of them? It still makes no goddamn sense.

Perhaps they mark contractions, like in English. But they're in practically every word in your damn language. So no, not that either.

Oh wait, but maybe the apostrophe means different things depending on whether it's after a consonant or a vowel, like, it velarizes consonants and makes vowels long or something. That's shitty design, but come on, we're writing in English now. Why would anyone do something like that, anyway?

Oh, I know. Because you wanted your magic language or whatever look exotic without much effort. basically by tal'king l'ike th'i's. Th'ats ess'entia'lly w'hat yo'u ar'e do'ing, dea'r A'uthor. You want to make something look cool and hip without making a single effort, and that's gonna make me take you less seriously. I hope you're ashamed of yourself.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78057 on: May 31, 2015, 02:50:20 pm »

Oh, I know. Because you wanted your magic language or whatever look exotic without much effort. basically by tal'king l'ike th'i's. Th'ats ess'entia'lly w'hat yo'u ar'e do'ing, dea'r A'uthor. You want to make something look cool and hip without making a single effort, and that's gonna make me take you less seriously. I hope you're ashamed of yourself.

I saw one that had future!Europe spelt E'r'pe. No joke. It annoys me as well.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #78058 on: May 31, 2015, 02:54:37 pm »

TVTropes has you covered.

I was once reading a webcomic, and a Tau character from WH40K arrived to the scene for a moment. His name? Ap'st'rof'ee Cr'ayz'ee, or something like that.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #78059 on: May 31, 2015, 03:06:18 pm »

My cup of coffee is half gone, and every single sip has gone down the wrong pipe. I just start choking for no reason whenever I try to take a sip. I managed my breakfast and a glass of water just fine, I don't know what's up. :-\
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 5202 5203 [5204] 5205 5206 ... 11037