Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5197 5198 [5199] 5200 5201 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14505477 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77970 on: May 30, 2015, 01:34:18 pm »

All evidence points to you being wrong, as I am in fact quite stupid.
Correct you are. So stupid that you should listen to what Caroline says, since she clearly knows better than your stupid self.

checkmate, atheists
But...
But then I'm not stupid, but then I don't have to listen to Caroline, which means I'm stupid, which would mean I'd never stop listening to Caroline...
*BlitzDungeoneer's brain starts to melt
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #77971 on: May 30, 2015, 01:35:36 pm »

Brainmelt may be a contributing factor to stupidity, you should get that checked or put in a brain jar of suitable equivalency to a skull

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #77972 on: May 30, 2015, 01:36:48 pm »

I do nog miss Tuypo. True, I think he worked to improve, but he posted weird poetry and his grammar made me want to gouge my eyes out.
Isn't he that one guy who said time should be in metric units?
But... but... time is already in... GAH! This is my new WTF for today.

(Now if you wanted to argue that time should be in base 10 that's a different story :P).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77973 on: May 30, 2015, 01:39:14 pm »

Looking back at smeep's posts, I'll have to say I agree with you guys. What immediately jumps out at me is her dragging gender [orientation] into unrelated discussions out of the blue and never making any differentiation between accepting heterosexuals and ignorant heterosexuals.
Don't know about you but that got hilarious when it leaked into the Dwarf forums, I'm both saddened and gladdened that I missed the shitstorm that was
That wasn't her fault though. She made a mod that added trans and intersex humans (and I think all other races too), and then someone made a thing where they wrote in weirdly graphic detail about cleansing the world of them there queers.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #77974 on: May 30, 2015, 01:41:32 pm »

You can always just pour the brain juice into a smaller skull. Denser in liquid form and all that.

I will never miss smeeprocket. I eventually just threw her on the ignore list so I didn't have to hear about how evil we all are. I'm not sure if I'd ever used it before...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #77975 on: May 30, 2015, 01:43:50 pm »

Looking back at smeep's posts, I'll have to say I agree with you guys. What immediately jumps out at me is her dragging gender [orientation] into unrelated discussions out of the blue and never making any differentiation between accepting heterosexuals and ignorant heterosexuals.
Don't know about you but that got hilarious when it leaked into the Dwarf forums, I'm both saddened and gladdened that I missed the shitstorm that was
That wasn't her fault though. She made a mod that added trans and intersex humans (and I think all other races too), and then someone made a thing where they wrote in weirdly graphic detail about cleansing the world of them there queers.
* Tawarochir looks up Smeep in the DF forums

...Mein Gott.

It wasn't just the mod.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #77976 on: May 30, 2015, 01:48:29 pm »

* Tawarochir looks up Smeep in the DF forums

...Mein Gott.

It wasn't just the mod.
very leaky

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #77977 on: May 30, 2015, 01:53:32 pm »

Lowest viscosity conceivable, highest friction. Reacts explosively with all known topics and has no measured ignition delay. Go figure.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #77978 on: May 30, 2015, 02:13:41 pm »

My eyes feel unfocused and I don't know why.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77979 on: May 30, 2015, 03:48:31 pm »

Ehhh I think the topic is over frankly.

A lot of people are just frustrated because school basically crams this down your throat for your entire highschool experience.

As for the non-consent for things like kissing.

I'd HAVE to see that to believe it. There is just no way something like that can pass.

That would make almost half of college women rapists for a start. Those are the figures you get when you ask the college rape study perpetration questions to women: "did you use verbal coercion, drugs or alcohol, threats, or force to secure sexual acts". If a male says "yes" to any of that we'd shout to the hills that it's the smoking gun for rape! Yet about half of college-age women admit to using these tactics to secure sex. On the other hand, asking the victimization questions to college men nets up to 70% who say they've been sexually victimized by a woman.

These surveys were the ones developed by campus rape activists in the 1980s-1990s. But their "acceptable" results are entirely dependent on only asking the right questions to the right gender. So any results which are gender-specific are largely reliant on circular reasoning.

There are many fewer gender difference in behaviour than we realize, but this goes for the good, and the bad things.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 03:52:31 pm by Reelya »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #77980 on: May 30, 2015, 03:52:11 pm »

Well... verbal coercion... I mean, how else? Do you just try to do it? A bit of verbal debate beforehand is probably not a baf idea.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77981 on: May 30, 2015, 04:03:07 pm »

It's probably not your actual intention, but this highlights how domestic violence or rape apologetics are socially acceptable when it's female -> male.

Consider the amount of female->male violence in an actual domestic setting that's acceptable in fiction as comedy. Then consider Tropes vs Women claiming killing some female enemy in a sci-fi/fantasy game is symbolic of domestic violence against women. If it's female->male domestic violence they don't even have to be symbolic, you have the wife or girlfriend beating the guys head in right on camera, and that's the moment you're meant to laugh your head of, it's codified as a comedy moment. This puts in doubt whether violence vs women is really coded so strongly into the media like Tropes vs Women claims. If anything, violence against women in fiction has always been taboo, and it's only since the breakdown of patriarchy that this taboo has been explored for shock value.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 04:08:43 pm by Reelya »

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77982 on: May 30, 2015, 04:08:34 pm »

There's a thread for that, you know? Pretty sure it didn't even get locked, everyone just got bored.

WTFing at how I have repeated the (fake) advice of "drink to fix your problems" to the point where it is now my default mental response for how to fix a difficult problem.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #77983 on: May 30, 2015, 04:11:40 pm »

"If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #77984 on: May 30, 2015, 04:13:03 pm »

There's a thread for that, you know? Pretty sure it didn't even get locked, everyone just got bored.
It's locked.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 5197 5198 [5199] 5200 5201 ... 11037