Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5196 5197 [5198] 5199 5200 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14507770 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77955 on: May 30, 2015, 01:15:07 pm »

Looking back I feel like smeeprocket was an intentional troll, honestly. Poi.

I don't like saying that but well...
No, she was legit. Had some PM conversations that would be totally unnecessary if the end goal were just to start arguments.

I'm not sure smeep was a troll, but she had a serious problem keeping herself in check.  Sometimes she made a really solid point, but then just lost it and started accusing people of being intolerant jerks.
basically just this

The interesting thing there is that Sigul was registered in 2008, and only had around 250~ posts, and every single one appeared to be active flaming.
Well if you spread it out nobody's going to notice. Good strat.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #77956 on: May 30, 2015, 01:15:12 pm »

*Blows kiss at Loud Whispers*

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #77957 on: May 30, 2015, 01:17:31 pm »

See, Jan- er, Gunner-Chan's described exactly why I try (and too often fail) to avoid getting into serious-modo arguments on here. I can't speak for anyone else, but I come to B12 to relax and argue less-seriously about silly things, because there's enough of that crap in my meatspace life and at least those arguments have a chance of resolving themselves in a productive way. The circular and repetitive arguments about politics, ideology, gender, &c. are worse than random shitpost RPing when it comes to derailing threads and reducing the quality of discourse, honestly.

Oh yeah, here comes Bohandas with the "this forum is so oppressive" spiel again.
Inconvenient comments/messages are simply made to disppear. That is something straight out of Ninteen Eighty-Four.
We've lost a lot of good forumites o.o7
The only good forumites we've lost are the ones who wandered off and never came back. The mod-log is full of abrasive jerks who repeatedly started arguments; the only one who I actually remember contributing anything worthwhile was burningpet when not involved with religious discussions.

So much this. The only person I can remember that I miss is the Adventure Guy guy.
Love, scriver~

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77958 on: May 30, 2015, 01:18:12 pm »

CIV 5 PLZ.

I HAVE ENOUGH ANIMU WITH PERSONA, I DON'T NEED IT HERE TOO.

download link for those curious: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=449503576
Theres some touhous in your civ V too, if you poke the workshop somemore.
IIRC there are also battleship girls.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #77959 on: May 30, 2015, 01:21:50 pm »

The one I really miss is tahu.
Still see him around on Steam, he's a really nice person.
You mentioned that before in the sad thread, didn't ya?
Where you'd say you PMed him here and then go offline, and then remember 'wait no he's banned'.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #77960 on: May 30, 2015, 01:23:41 pm »

I do nog miss Tuypo. True, I think he worked to improve, but he posted weird poetry and his grammar made me want to gouge my eyes out.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #77961 on: May 30, 2015, 01:24:14 pm »

So much this. The only person I can remember that I miss is the Adventure Guy guy.
GreatWyrmGold was really nice in the upper boards, contributing to discussions quite a bit; it was only in the lower boards that he had serious problems IIRC. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #77962 on: May 30, 2015, 01:24:43 pm »

The one I really miss is tahu.
Still see him around on Steam, he's a really nice person.
You mentioned that before in the sad thread, didn't ya?
Where you'd say you PMed him here and then go offline, and then remember 'wait no he's banned'.
Yep ;-;
...and now I feel like a jackass for bringing it up.
sorry
im stupid
forgive me

I do nog miss Tuypo. True, I think he worked to improve, but he posted weird poetry and his grammar made me want to gouge my eyes out.
Don't diss tuypo.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77963 on: May 30, 2015, 01:26:31 pm »

Isn't he that one guy who said time should be in metric units?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #77964 on: May 30, 2015, 01:28:00 pm »

*Blows kiss at Loud Whispers*
r8 8/8 show us ur facepl8

Imperial Guardsman was all right, GWG will really be missed (can't remember what finally got him b&), DrPoo needed to be b& for his own good health but it still sucked to see him off, Tahujdt was a decent forumite, Necro910 I'll still miss even though all he did was blitzkrieg threads with magma spam... smeeprocket, burningpet and patriotsaint are also up there by virtue of just how interesting they made things. Painful at times, many times, yes - but damn interesting.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #77965 on: May 30, 2015, 01:28:14 pm »

-snip snip-
You're mot a jackass, nor stupid~

All evidence points to you being wrong, as I am in fact quite stupid.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77966 on: May 30, 2015, 01:30:08 pm »

All evidence points to you being wrong, as I am in fact quite stupid.
Correct you are. So stupid that you should listen to what Caroline says, since she clearly knows better than your stupid self.

checkmate, atheists
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #77967 on: May 30, 2015, 01:31:55 pm »

Looking back at smeep's posts, I'll have to say I agree with you guys. What immediately jumps out at me is her dragging gender [orientation] into unrelated discussions out of the blue and never making any differentiation between accepting heterosexuals and ignorant heterosexuals.

Don't diss tuypo.
Gosh, I remember that guy. He seemed nice enough, but... his behavior was just an endless string of faux pas-es, and, to be frank, I know a first grader with better spelling and grammar than he had.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77968 on: May 30, 2015, 01:33:02 pm »

I'm not sure smeep was a troll, but she had a serious problem keeping herself in check.  Sometimes she made a really solid point, but then just lost it and started accusing people of being intolerant jerks.
basically just this

Smee... I LIKED Smee, even if I spent more time arguing with them then agreeing with them. And their transpersons mod for DF was quality. They were hella ornery though and I can understand why they eventually needed to be banned. Best example of that was that they got into a flamewar about whether cats should be kept inside or allowed to go outside. They didn't get in big arguments about gender issuesish stuff because they were argumentative about that subject, they got into big arguments about gender issuesish stuff because they were argumentative in general and often discussed gender issuesish stuff.

Don't diss tuypo.

I'm sad Tuypo got banned. I genuinely don't think they really deserved it, although they were definitely... erratic.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #77969 on: May 30, 2015, 01:33:49 pm »

Looking back at smeep's posts, I'll have to say I agree with you guys. What immediately jumps out at me is her dragging gender [orientation] into unrelated discussions out of the blue and never making any differentiation between accepting heterosexuals and ignorant heterosexuals.
Don't know about you but that got hilarious when it leaked into the Dwarf forums, I'm both saddened and gladdened that I missed the shitstorm that was
Pages: 1 ... 5196 5197 [5198] 5199 5200 ... 11037