Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5187 5188 [5189] 5190 5191 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14508796 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77820 on: May 29, 2015, 05:44:48 am »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:13:34 pm by penguinofhonor »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #77821 on: May 29, 2015, 06:26:23 am »

Some pretty reasonable ones at least restrict you from paving your entire lawn over. Pavement blocks rainwater from entering the ground, so it can fuck with the environment if too much of an area is paved.
I guess my question was more along the lines of "what the balls is a homeowners association and why the balls would you give them so much power?"

The closest I can think of in NZ is subdivisions having some restrictions (but that's usually very broad limitations, e.g. house must only be one storey) which mostly only affects planning permission from the council, not what you do with the grass.

Is your lawn in Mordor?
Close; Rohan. Mordor's in the North Island.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

blazing glory

« Reply #77822 on: May 29, 2015, 06:42:05 am »

Is your lawn in Mordor?
Close; Rohan. Mordor's in the North Island.
We're not Morder! We're Gondor!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #77823 on: May 29, 2015, 07:12:02 am »

Utility functions.

EDIT: Specifically, the part where people say that torturing someone for 50 years is better than a very large amount of people getting a dust speck in the eye, based on those utility functions.
Yeah, I find that argument slightly really idiotic, considering the latter's negative utility is so small as to be approximable by zero. And zero times infinity is still zero.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #77824 on: May 29, 2015, 07:26:58 am »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:13:45 pm by penguinofhonor »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #77825 on: May 29, 2015, 08:17:46 am »

So, I woke up this morning and made myself a mug of tea. Nothing unusual there.

It seems that I had left my brain upstairs, because after pouring water into the mug from the kettle, I attempted to put the kettle in the fridge, not back on the holder.

I then put the milk back in the fridge without adding any to the tea.

Brain, wake up!

My mother later made me another mug of tea. She also attempted to put the kettle in the fridge.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77826 on: May 29, 2015, 08:20:53 am »

Are you sure theres not some sort of anti-tea beam pointed at your house? Refrigerated tea sounds non-good.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77827 on: May 29, 2015, 08:32:07 am »

Are you sure theres not some sort of anti-tea beam pointed at your house? Refrigerated tea sounds non-good.

texas is already a biblical flood display, why you gotta piss on their shit

EPSIL0N

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77828 on: May 29, 2015, 08:33:24 am »

My lawn is in poor shape currently. I guess we have been having quite a dry spell but there are a few spots where I am starting to debate borrowing a push mower as it is an incredible waste of fuel but how can there be a few super lively spots in a lawn that is 75+% unhealthy.

I also gave myself a headache trying to apply logic to a roadrage video on the internet to pick a side that was in the right.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77829 on: May 29, 2015, 08:47:20 am »

As a southerner I feel the need to inform you that you don't know what you're talking about.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77830 on: May 29, 2015, 08:54:25 am »

As another southerner, I feel the need to also inform you that the rest of these people are insane -- the heat has melted their higher cognitive functions -- and sweet tea tastes of arse.

More seriously, people seem to like it for some reason. I've yet to taste a cold tea that didn't just taste nasty to me, though. And I've tasted basically every southern variation in existence that wasn't also alcoholic.* Hot ones are alright. Lukewarm or below, it's just... too much like coffee, I guess. Taste wise. Freaking aftertaste from hell.

More power to the people that can stomach it, though. Someone's gotta' finance the price gouging bastards that sell the stuff.

*Sometimes it is too hot for choice to come into the equation. Cold, wet. Now.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #77831 on: May 29, 2015, 09:03:12 am »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:15:37 pm by penguinofhonor »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77832 on: May 29, 2015, 09:08:11 am »

*checks*

Yes. Or at least something that looked much like it. 'Bout as bad as any I've had. Cold tea in general just doesn't agree with my taste buds, and southern sweet tea's close to the worst of it (that I've tasted, anyway).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77833 on: May 29, 2015, 09:08:36 am »

THAT'S NOT TRIVIAL

I mean, I wouldn't mind mowing a lawn (provided I had a push-powered mower and not one requiring fuel, oil, technical know-how, etc.), in fact I would probably enjoy the exercise, but I certainly wouldn't call it a "trivial amount of effort".
Ten minutes of pushing something around sandwiched between ten minutes of unlocking and unchaining and ten minutes of locking and chaining isn't trivial?
Hahahaha.

It takes me two hours. And that's with a petrol-driven mower.

Same here
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77834 on: May 29, 2015, 09:13:27 am »

Some people put too much sugar into it. Ideally it's just flavored ice water with some sweet to take off the edge.
Pages: 1 ... 5187 5188 [5189] 5190 5191 ... 11037