Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5185 5186 [5187] 5188 5189 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14510485 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77790 on: May 28, 2015, 10:50:02 pm »

Where's Stephen Fry when you need him?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #77791 on: May 28, 2015, 11:51:20 pm »

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 04:13:04 pm by penguinofhonor »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #77792 on: May 29, 2015, 12:09:49 am »

American only from the perspective of the rest of the world.

Its positively pathetic, shameful.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77793 on: May 29, 2015, 12:23:10 am »

People paint their lawns.

Makes as much sense as having a lawn in the first place.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #77794 on: May 29, 2015, 01:02:20 am »

Hear Hear!
Why have such a large space that requires so much backbreaking upkeep and nobody pays attention to it anyways, or disrespects it by walking across it or throwing their cigarette butts into it? Much better to make the indoor living space larger and NOT have a lawn, that way walls keep rowdy horny teenagers and lazy dog-walkers off your property, and you have A/C while vacuuming instead of the hot sun bearing down on you while you're pushing a stubborn mower (Or alternatively lifting a heavy shovelful of snow).

Unless you're wealthy enough to hire someone else to maintain your lawn and put up a fence around the whole thing. In that case I wouldn't mind a lawn.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #77795 on: May 29, 2015, 01:04:53 am »

That is why, in Belgium, we put our lawn BEHIND our house :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77796 on: May 29, 2015, 01:23:47 am »

Hear Hear!
Why have such a large space that requires so much backbreaking upkeep and nobody pays attention to it anyways, or disrespects it by walking across it or throwing their cigarette butts into it? Much better to make the indoor living space larger and NOT have a lawn, that way walls keep rowdy horny teenagers and lazy dog-walkers off your property, and you have A/C while vacuuming instead of the hot sun bearing down on you while you're pushing a stubborn mower (Or alternatively lifting a heavy shovelful of snow).

Or at least pave the area so it doesn't have to be mown.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77797 on: May 29, 2015, 01:24:42 am »

Hear Hear!

I present to you...
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77798 on: May 29, 2015, 01:25:17 am »

Hear Hear!

Unless you're wealthy enough to hire someone else to maintain your lawn and put up a fence around the whole thing. In that case I wouldn't mind a lawn.
I agree that having a lawn is stupid and pointless, but I disagree that making larger houses is the answer.
Better to have an actual garden in place of a lawn! Bonus points if you can use its products to decorate your home and feed yourself/your family.
Looks far nicer than a boring lawn would in the first place.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77799 on: May 29, 2015, 01:31:01 am »

Hear Hear!

Or alternately, if paving ypur yard is fprbidden and/or a lawn is required by local ordinance, replace it with astroturf

It baffles me that anyone still uses real grass for anything

EDIT:
The optimal solution however is still to pave your yard
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:35:18 am by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77800 on: May 29, 2015, 01:40:51 am »

Not really- that would be ugly.
I'm guessing that you don't share this opinion, though, and I doubt I will be able to change your mind.

So... you can have your hypothetical flat expanse of concrete, I'll be over here hypothetically relaxing in my hypothetical garden of wonders.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77801 on: May 29, 2015, 01:46:02 am »

Not really- that would be ugly.

Perhaps, but I can't imagine what reason anyone would ever have to look at it. The only thing that comes to mind is bad drivers who don't keep their eyes on the road
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #77802 on: May 29, 2015, 01:53:07 am »

Looking at the Astroturf website, it seems they only do sports fields. Not lawns in the residential sector.
So it's Ugly (Paved or Concrete) or Hard Work (Lawn or Garden). Damn.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77803 on: May 29, 2015, 01:57:44 am »

Utility functions.

EDIT: Specifically, the part where people say that torturing someone for 50 years is better than a very large amount of people getting a dust speck in the eye, based on those utility functions.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:22:35 am by Sergarr »
._.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #77804 on: May 29, 2015, 01:58:03 am »

a lawn is required by local ordinance
Wait, what?

What kind of ordinance requires that you have a lawn?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 5185 5186 [5187] 5188 5189 ... 11037