Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5179 5180 [5181] 5182 5183 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14512949 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77700 on: May 27, 2015, 11:59:23 pm »

The AIs from the MarioAI projects use heuristic sampling based on data presented on the screen, with some simple overriding objectives (Go as far right as possible, collect coins as most expedient, kill enemies as expedient.) 

Thus, they should be able to perform regardless of the level layout, as long as the layout is sensibly playable.
But sensibly playable layouts are boring! I would much more like to see AIs that can clear one of those insane ROMhacked levels, rather than see it beat something designed to be easy for little children.
This provides video footage of an AI sent to the Mario AI competition that uses A* search algorithm to "brute force" the game. This AI is later used to attempt to play through a level generated by a different AI, with this level designed to be "playable" but still with max difficulty that the generator AI can provide.
No no no, a simple spam of enemies and projectiles is not interesting to look at. And beating it is also not very interesting.

Gimme AI that can beat THIS. And then we can talk about "good Mario AI".
._.

blazing glory

« Reply #77701 on: May 28, 2015, 12:04:22 am »

Go home weather, you're drunk.

Things are all fine and dandy, stormy thunder and absolutely pouring rain for 5 minutes, then all fine and dandy mostly clear skies again.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #77702 on: May 28, 2015, 12:06:22 am »

No no no, a simple spam of enemies and projectiles is not interesting to look at. And beating it is also not very interesting.

Well, what they've done so far is a start.

Anyway, watching that video Rolan linked. The major difference I'm seeing between that ai in the video that "brute forces" the game by reading the game memory, and an ai that learns to play the game itself, is that the brute ai gets the data input from the player. At 6:30 the dude says he's putting "training data" into the program by playing through the level himself. It "learned" from the player to get an idea of what to do. The self-learning ai "learns" on its own and gets the data on its own, without player input.

Making an ai that learns to play the game on its own from scratch is a step up from an ai that builds off of initial human input.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #77703 on: May 28, 2015, 12:11:10 am »

Go home weather, you're drunk.

Things are all fine and dandy, stormy thunder and absolutely pouring rain for 5 minutes, then all fine and dandy mostly clear skies again.
Its been intermittently raining/beautiful sunshine here too. But that's normal for May/June.

I'd worry about the weather fairy's sobriety if she decided it should snow, invoked 70mph wind gusts in perfect sunshine, then thunderstorms.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77704 on: May 28, 2015, 12:25:06 am »

If all it took to get snow was to buy the weather fairy a drink, I'd be drowning that vicious bat in a bar. Get somethin' white on the ground that ain't cotton fer once.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77705 on: May 28, 2015, 12:35:07 am »

Well, what they've done so far is a start.

Anyway, watching that video Rolan linked. The major difference I'm seeing between that ai in the video that "brute forces" the game by reading the game memory, and an ai that learns to play the game itself, is that the brute ai gets the data input from the player. At 6:30 the dude says he's putting "training data" into the program by playing through the level himself. It "learned" from the player to get an idea of what to do. The self-learning ai "learns" on its own and gets the data on its own, without player input.

Making an ai that learns to play the game on its own from scratch is a step up from an ai that builds off of initial human input.
The only difference between having initial human output and "from scratch" is that in "scratch" variant, the initial input is randomly generated. It's not that much of a difference to have an AI that can extrapolate from human input and an AI that can extrapolate from random input. It affects the learning time significantly, but it doesn't change the fundamental learning process at all.

Indeed, most humans learn to do things by being taught how to do it by others.
._.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77706 on: May 28, 2015, 12:54:02 am »

After going to three gigs in three nights last weekend, this week there's hardly anything on.
Oh well, I need to save cash for next weekend anyway. And give my liver time to prepare. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77707 on: May 28, 2015, 01:34:01 am »

Soo as you might not know occasionally Amazon.com and Amazon.ca RIP YOU OFF!

So I have a specific infection on my chest and need a larger bandaid and got these HORRIBLE ones from the store (Do NOT buy Life Brand bandaids)

So I ask my nurse friend and he linked me to a 11 dollar box of bandaids

Now... I can't order it because I am Canadian so I go to the Canadian version and

91 DOLLARS!!!

http://www.amazon.ca/ISLAND-DRESSING-DYNAREX-Choice-One/dp/B00TBT8EC2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1432794466&sr=8-4&keywords=island+dressing

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77708 on: May 28, 2015, 01:50:34 am »

So I have a specific infection on my chest and need a larger bandaid and got these HORRIBLE ones from the store (Do NOT buy Life Brand bandaids)

Now... I can't order it because I am Canadian so I go to the Canadian version and

91 DOLLARS!!!

http://www.amazon.ca/ISLAND-DRESSING-DYNAREX-Choice-One/dp/B00TBT8EC2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1432794466&sr=8-4&keywords=island+dressing
Capitalism, free market, yohoho, etc. Hope you get better!
._.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77709 on: May 28, 2015, 02:56:11 am »

91 DOLLARS!!!

It's Amazon. I can literally just list up my tissue box for $5000. Whether or not an idiot will buy it is a different matter.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77710 on: May 28, 2015, 04:20:46 am »

I just closed the lid of my laptop and it shut down.
The WTF is, (apart from the fact that that is ever a default setting) how the hell do I turn that off? I looked in the PC settings and I can find no such option. Damnit Windows 8, always finding new ways to screw me over. >:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #77711 on: May 28, 2015, 04:23:46 am »

windows 8

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77712 on: May 28, 2015, 04:26:40 am »

The WTF is, (apart from the fact that that is ever a default setting) how the hell do I turn that off? I looked in the PC settings and I can find no such option. Damnit Windows 8, always finding new ways to screw me over. >:(
Power options. There's a line on the side-bar that says "Choose what closing the lid does." Can get to power options from battery indicator.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77713 on: May 28, 2015, 04:28:37 am »

Windows 8 is a friggin UI disaster compared to 7

Windows 7 had that wonderful idea called "having all of the options in the same damn place"

With Windows 8, they decided "eh, some stuff goes in metro and some in control panel it'll be FINE"

it's not

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77714 on: May 28, 2015, 04:29:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Power options. There's a line on the side-bar that says "Choose what closing the lid does." Can get to power options from battery indicator.
Huh? I don't s- ...Oh, right, I found it. Control panel.
I was looking in the shitty new "settings" option on the retarded start screen. Goes to show how useless the new layout is when you have to use the old fashioned method of changing settings anyway. :P Thanks!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 5179 5180 [5181] 5182 5183 ... 11037