Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5174 5175 [5176] 5177 5178 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514020 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77625 on: May 26, 2015, 04:38:28 pm »

We go back to the old argument, that if the devil wrote your scripture, how would you know?
And in this case we at the least know who's paying who...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #77626 on: May 26, 2015, 07:28:18 pm »

They'd probably call it something stupid like "iLIVE!"

No, that's what happens when Apple creates Frankenstein's monsters and sells them as pets.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #77627 on: May 26, 2015, 07:28:34 pm »

In less than 8 hours, we have had two torrential downpours followed by sunshine.

What are you doing, weather? You're drunk. Go home.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77628 on: May 26, 2015, 07:33:15 pm »

I'd say me too, but it's been more like two pauses between the torrential downpours and now the sun's going away, having given up trying to burn away the clouds and decided to go home. Which... thank you, sun. Please stay gone. I know you won't, but I can ask.

As for what the weather is doing, well, here it's doing florida, as usual. Just with rain and almost sane temperatures gentle fingering instead of the steady humidity and flaming air strap-on of Greater Temporal Recursive Reaming, that slams you three times at the same time every second.

I like this better, really. It's interfering with some yard work, but... it's under 70 outside, right now. For late may, in florida? That's like hell freezing over.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:37:30 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #77629 on: May 26, 2015, 07:36:36 pm »

Every where reminds me of Florida right now. You're getting you're required one storm per day.

I think we've had like 3 days of actual sunshine here in the last 2 or 3 weeks.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 07:59:14 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #77630 on: May 26, 2015, 07:41:11 pm »

That's an... Interesting allegory, Frumple.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #77631 on: May 26, 2015, 07:47:22 pm »

When you've spent something like 2/3rds of your life with the air functionally trying to kill you, and repeatedly coming close to succeeding, your wording gets frisky.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77632 on: May 26, 2015, 08:15:54 pm »

I think the world would be a better place if 70% of tech media writers were electrocuted by their devices. Although I'm sure that would just cause another multi-million dollar start up to be created, to design a piece of rubber to stop you from being electrocuted by your own device. They'd probably call it something stupid like "iLIVE!"

Make it 100% then
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #77633 on: May 26, 2015, 08:17:55 pm »

Every where reminds me of Florida right now. You're getting you're required one storm per day.

I think we've had like 3 days of actual sunshine here in the last 2 or 3 weeks.
I wish that was true up here. My pond is stagnating because of the fact it hasn't rained in ages.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77634 on: May 26, 2015, 08:21:19 pm »

When you think about, Saddam Hussein's death has had more of a negative effect on the world than Steve Jobs' death.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77635 on: May 26, 2015, 08:56:53 pm »

Chronic liar I know, unfortunately. Every minor little thing is lied about. And some major things. A lot of it boils down to "lol I pissed you off".

My mother's coworker. Has been lying for as long as anyone has known her.

And I caught a listen to the radio that belongs to a coworker of mine. Holy sensationalism, what in the hell kind of conspiracy bullcrap did I hear?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77636 on: May 26, 2015, 09:42:36 pm »

Dangit important conference call got moved to tomorrow less than 10 minutes prior!
Not actually upset though, was a productive day and this didn't actually ruin any plans.  Just switching from tea to beer.

Edit: So (clearly because I said that) I got called into a mini-meeting shortly after.  I'm now mentoring an intern, literally right now.  That feels weird to me...  I'm the young one!  Except, not really at all anymore.
Really glad this is all online though.  Definitely worth the schedule.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:02:08 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #77637 on: May 27, 2015, 01:30:22 am »

When you think about, Saddam Hussein's death has had more of a negative effect on the world than Steve Jobs' death.
How so?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #77638 on: May 27, 2015, 01:41:37 am »

How so?

Power vacuum.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77639 on: May 27, 2015, 01:50:07 am »

How so?

Power vacuum.

Exactly. We wouldn't have ISIS if Saddam was still alive. I can't think of any bad things that wouldn't have happened if Steve Jobs was still alive, (or for that matter any good things that would have happened; at least not that didn't happen anyway)
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 5174 5175 [5176] 5177 5178 ... 11037