Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5168 5169 [5170] 5171 5172 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14513168 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77535 on: May 25, 2015, 09:36:48 pm »

Ugh! I am so nervous now that I put up a pathfinder game up.

Everyone talks about how there are too many players and not enough DMs... but that doesn't mean you will get any players xD

Ohh well, I have three bumps to go and so far my ad hasn't dropped off the page.

Any suggestions?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #77536 on: May 25, 2015, 09:37:53 pm »

Don't screw up.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77537 on: May 25, 2015, 09:39:27 pm »

Don't screw up.

Well it took me three attempts to have a game that didn't end because I screwed up.

First time was because I bogged down the roleplay and made the players feel like they were being overly railroaded.

Second time was because I tolerated a player I should have tossed IMMEDIATELY

Third time was because some players got jobs

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #77538 on: May 25, 2015, 09:47:03 pm »

Easy fixes.

> Broad overview rather than finer plot points. Try to improvise a bit, though there's an art to railroading players without making them feel like they're being railroaded (or rather, guiding them), and it's also good to keep consequences in mind. Set up a crypt in a town that you wanted players to investigate and they choose not to? Turns out there was a necromancer in there, and after the players leave the town it gets wiped out by undead.
Alternatively you can use the setup at a later point in time, or have someone try to kidnap one of the players and bring them there, and so forth. Until you'v actually set something in stone, it's all fluid. Use that to your advantage.

> Yeah, just toss fuckwits like Flyme's problem player ASAP. All they do is ruin things.

> Sabotage your player's careers? :v
The circle is complete.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77539 on: May 25, 2015, 09:52:34 pm »

Duly noted. Not sure what I can do about it. But wait, it gets worse!

Spoiler: Off to NeverNever Land (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:54:35 pm by BlackFlyme »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #77540 on: May 25, 2015, 10:03:26 pm »

Your... DM... Is just... SO bad. It's insane. It reads like an incredibly shitty fanfic. And the wizard randomly fingering the goddess, I mean like, the hell? That's just so obviously wish fulfillment (I mean, it was his past character. Plus, why are there two DMPCs?)

Direct him to /d/ and move along. Don't play with this guy. Eventually he's gonna start nicking stuff from FATAL, and if you don't know what FATAL is... Well, go to 1d4chan and look it up. Here's a hint about what to expect: Roll for anal circumference.
The circle is complete.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #77541 on: May 25, 2015, 10:14:15 pm »

His game is about 2 sessions away from turning into Dungeons and Bad Dragons.

Though I feel like, at least having a succubus character wear very little does kinda make sense. Though cape and ONE BELT Is too silly, at least go for the belts as clothes look...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77542 on: May 25, 2015, 10:17:19 pm »

So wait, the bad guy has not only stopped the Blood War, he has also allied with frikking Lady of Pain?

TALK ABOUT A MARY SUE
._.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #77543 on: May 25, 2015, 10:20:11 pm »

I wonder if the DM was setting up a tent while he was describing his bard. I mean, I like redheads, but that's absurd.

Also, yeah, belts-as-clothes can be cool, but it's best in my opinion if there's just like, a plain black bodysuit underneath, covered in belts. Showing lots of skin is never really that interesting.

Sergarr: This DM/player is one of the worst I've ever heard of, what do you expect? Definitely a Whizzard, and Flyme strayed into his magical realm.
The circle is complete.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #77544 on: May 25, 2015, 10:21:06 pm »

Direct him to /d/ and move along. Don't play with this guy. Eventually he's gonna start nicking stuff from FATAL, and if you don't know what FATAL is... Well, go to 1d4chan and look it up. Here's a hint about what to expect: Roll for anal circumference.
Oh god, he's right. Man, you gotta get out of there before this dude starts pressing quadratic equations and 1d1,000,000 rolls on you to find out if the woman he forced your character to have sex with is pregnant.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #77545 on: May 25, 2015, 10:22:57 pm »

Wa, eh... I don't.

Christ, I don't even know where to go from there. Honest to God. I'm a 3.5 guy, not a pathfinder, so I'm not sure what some of those objects/places are, but Mother of Dead Gods that's terrible. I'm a fairly conservative DM, but I'm a pretty damn liberal player, and I'd just be slackjawed at a player finger their goddess.

Admittedly, campaigns with high-level players take some serious work, so a couple of plot holes are forgivable. I mean, after you get past a certain point the necessary enemy power level to maintain tension becomes DBZ silly. Hell, a couple of minor plot holes are to be expected if you've got a DM that doesn't railroad and gives players a mostly free hand, but...

Have you asked him to consider running a low level campaign? Actually building a campaign where you can't handwave things with deities and supernatural beings every half-step is a great way to learn how to make a real campaign.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77546 on: May 25, 2015, 10:23:37 pm »

Asmodeus is a canon god, doing very uncharacteristic things. All of the deities are acting uncharacteristic.

The Lady despises deities. Would be more than happy to strike down someone who tried to worship her. To let a deity into Sigil, let alone give up control over it, would be absolutely absurd.

The Gods Must be Crazy?

And aside from trying to start a lesbian scene between the investigator and the succubus, and turning my paladin into a woman via magical junk-changing full plate, that's about all of the overtly sexual stuff.

Except for gushing about the succubus. He does that at least once an hour. Like I said, he claims to have done a lot of "research" on redheads to figure out what he wanted the succubus to look like.

There's still more to the story, but I'm out of time for tonight.

E: He ran a low-level campaign once. It was also bad. His DMPC could go from a level 7 bard to a solar, the most powerful angel in the game. At will.

He also threw us up against a half dozen ropers, which can each perform six touch attacks in a round, which each deal 1d6 strength drain. Was almost a TPK.

He was never good at balance. One player quit after losing his character three times. Twice in one session, even.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:30:24 pm by BlackFlyme »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #77547 on: May 25, 2015, 10:25:09 pm »

I'll respond to Flyme's GText story in a moment. Once I finish reading.

First my WTF: Why doesn't any of this signing-up-for-college stuff make sense?!
I find the list of classes, and the list looks tailor made for me. Only there's too many of them, or something, and I'm told that that isn't actually the program. What? But it's arranged in a logical order and in steps that I feel I can handle. Yeah, I guess it didn't make sense that all of them started with "COMP", but why doesn't it make sense that so many of them are 400 level?
So I'm pointed to the real "Programs" section, where I find one that includes some of the courses I saw on that list, but there's very few of the important ones (like COMP206 Introduction to C++ is missing), and there's something called an "Electives" section and an "Options" section and AAHH! I'm overwhelmed and none of this makes sense and why can't this be a straight forward thing?!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #77548 on: May 25, 2015, 10:26:17 pm »

Draignean: As far as I can tell, the Wizard dude was his last character (the DM). There's the Bard DMPC, and the Wizard NPC/DMPC. As I said, overt and obvious wish fulfillment.

E: How the fuck did he justify that? (The Solar thing.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:29:33 pm by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77549 on: May 25, 2015, 10:32:01 pm »

Draignean: As far as I can tell, the Wizard dude was his last character (the DM). There's the Bard DMPC, and the Wizard NPC/DMPC. As I said, overt and obvious wish fulfillment.

E: How the fuck did he justify that? (The Solar thing.)

He was the son of a god. The campaign was about us stopping his evil twin brother, who was also a solar.

He described it as a fantasy version of Mass Effect. Except we lost, because we couldn't find allies.

Everyone we were supposed to recruit were irredeemably evil, and were put down because of it, so we lost because we had too little support.
Pages: 1 ... 5168 5169 [5170] 5171 5172 ... 11037