Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5165 5166 [5167] 5168 5169 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514260 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77490 on: May 25, 2015, 04:25:24 pm »

Damn problem player bitched the whole time during the last game about how we were playing in an adventure path instead of his campaign. Did I mention that already?

He's taking his boredom out on us by trying to derail the game and pester other players. Like throwing away the wizard's bonded item, or trying to kill my familiar.

We asked him if he would change the rules of his campaign. He said yes. He would add a new rule that we couldn't use stat boosting items or spells. No belts of giant's strength, no headbands of vast intelligence,  no ioun stones, and no attribute books or using miracle or wish. As far as I know, we can't even use spells such as bull's strength.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77491 on: May 25, 2015, 04:26:53 pm »

Damn problem player bitched the whole time during the last game about how we were playing in an adventure path instead of his campaign. Did I mention that already?

He's taking his boredom out on us by trying to derail the game and pester other players. Like throwing away the wizard's bonded item, or trying to kill my familiar.

We asked him if he would change the rules of his campaign. He said yes. He would add a new rule that we couldn't use stat boosting items or spells. No belts of giant's strength, no headbands of vast intelligence,  no ioun stones, and no attribute books or using miracle or wish. As far as I know, we can't even use spells such as bull's strength.

And there are a lot of players who would defend his right to derail the game :P

It is kind of the thing...

There is "Derailing" the game as in... doing something differently

then there is "derailing" as in "Doing something that doesn't make sense" :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #77492 on: May 25, 2015, 04:34:13 pm »

And there are a lot of players who would defend his right to derail the game :P

It is kind of the thing...

There is "Derailing" the game as in... doing something differently

then there is "derailing" as in "Doing something that doesn't make sense" :P
Then there is "derailing" as in "griefing other players by detracting from their experience in various ways". I seriously have no idea why you even put up with this guy. I'd outright refuse to play with him.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77493 on: May 25, 2015, 04:35:28 pm »

Even if it was on rails... griefing is griefing.

Yeah this is intolerable.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77494 on: May 25, 2015, 04:43:56 pm »

security encumbered remote storage
Definition please? Can't find it on Google.

Kind of weird how people will tweet things saying just "this is so important". I'm pretty sure that sentence is only meant to be used in that context if it's by people taking the piss out of e-vangelism type internet "activism".

Samba with security enforcement turned on (there are special settings for SAMBA to require encrypted, secure sessions and valid credentials with a kerberos key server), and a good user/pass that is different from your windows box's account,

and or, NFS3 or NFS4 with proper security enabled, such that making changes to the volume requires direct credential checks from the end user to suceed first.

Thus, "security encumbered", since the volume is not easy to write to, because of the security in place.

You CAN do this with a consumer grade router, you just need to know what you are doing.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 04:47:48 pm by wierd »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77495 on: May 25, 2015, 04:45:33 pm »

I don't even know why he does it, other than to spite others for not playing his game. I asked him why he was trying to kill my familiar, and he said it was because he hates parrots, and he thought it would make for funny roleplay if he were to kill every familiar I get.

I don't want to play his game at all. Shitty plot, riddled with holes and fetishes. Then imagine that you look into one of the holes, and discover a bigger hole underneath it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77496 on: May 25, 2015, 04:50:52 pm »

you entered the magical realm of the whizzard didn't you?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77497 on: May 25, 2015, 04:56:11 pm »

Yea, as discussed before. If he could go an hour without stopping to talk about how hot his DMPC, maybe it would be more bearable.

Then again, with all his bullshit rules, probably not. And his inability to set up an encounter.

At one point we were put up against about a dozen level one zombies. Did I mention that his campaign is level 20? And he even bitched when we won the encounter, complaining about how easily we won.

Again, I could write an essay on this, with separate chapters titled "Plot", "Fetishes", "Encounters", "Rules", and probably more.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #77498 on: May 25, 2015, 04:57:53 pm »

I don't want to play his game at all. Shitty plot, riddled with holes and fetishes. Then imagine that you look into one of the holes, and discover a bigger hole underneath it.

I wouldn't want to play any game with him at all.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77499 on: May 25, 2015, 04:59:34 pm »

Yeah at first it sounded like you could probably switch your thinking and find it a hilarious train wreck.

Because I have played in games by DMs who were terrible! but terrible in such a way that their games were a BLAST! (Hello Magical Psychic Television!)

but this just sounds flat out unmitigated unpleasant.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77500 on: May 25, 2015, 05:04:04 pm »

Imagine being told that we cannot succeed on a combat maneuver check, then having an enemy casually waltz up and sunder the fighter's sword. Succeeded on the check, but didn't roll any damage, he just told the fighter that his sword was gone. Because he thought the sword was OP.

Apparently destroyed so utterly that it could not be repaired. It was a +5 adamantine sword, and only a miracle or wish could be used to bring it back, forcing the player to pay 25,000 for the wish.

And he has been gracious enough to tell us that we are allowed 50% of our gold back on our attribute enhancing belts/headbands/ioun stones, now that they are no longer allowed.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77501 on: May 25, 2015, 05:05:54 pm »

Uhhhh... if it is a +5 adamantine sword... 25000 gold to get it back is a bargain :P

But knowing ALL bad DMs... that wish would backfire...

Because no DM ever reads the stinken rules on how Wish works. NO DM EVER!

I am literally the only person who ever read how Wish works.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77502 on: May 25, 2015, 05:06:14 pm »

Yeah, I don't see why you play with him at all.

It sounds like it'd be more fun nailing your scrotum to a wall.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77503 on: May 25, 2015, 05:09:06 pm »

Again, I could write an essay on this, with separate chapters titled "Plot", "Fetishes", "Encounters", "Rules", and probably more.
Do go on, my good sir. A greentext format might be, hmmm, most preferrable, wouldn't you say, old chap?
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77504 on: May 25, 2015, 05:10:35 pm »

Seems like it's a running theme for people to say that I'm smart.
Dude
Dude you have higher grade than me
I am not smart just because I reference obscure literature
Welcome to the club. I don't know what everyone sees in me. I still come up with weird terrible fanfiction all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 5165 5166 [5167] 5168 5169 ... 11037