Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5161 5162 [5163] 5164 5165 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514898 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77430 on: May 24, 2015, 09:17:46 pm »

No, they don't want you panicked. Converting your dosh to Bitcoins is not something the average user already knows how to do; what they want is for you to fixate on one goal, be reassured that everything will be fine, and calmly Fix The Problem. They don't need to rely on panic because you really don't have a good alternative, or at least you didn't before that decryption kerjigger up there; and even that's not a surefire thing because it (presumably) runs on a database of known keys recovered during whatever operation disrupted the distribution botnet and rounded up the other information we have on the whole affair. Certainly, when they designed the scheme, your options were to pay or go without.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77431 on: May 24, 2015, 09:24:39 pm »

That's mean. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77432 on: May 24, 2015, 09:41:29 pm »

I'm really anxious right now, pretty intense anxiety, and I don't know why but I know there is a why. And this isn't just an anxiety attack, I don't get those, and I also know that that's not a reason to think it's not one of those, but I know for a fact that it's something. There's some stuff to be mildly anxious about right now. But I'm really anxious. Like, I feel sick, don't want to do anything.

And I can't tell what specifically is causing it! Nothing is actually worthy of that kind of anxiety right now in my life.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #77433 on: May 24, 2015, 09:51:42 pm »

Possession?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #77434 on: May 24, 2015, 09:57:11 pm »

Possession?
Hm.
Like, I feel sick, don't want to do anything.
My diagnosis agrees with this possibility. Have your friends been injured by thin air recently? Have you been near graveyards recently, or been through tunnels without a band's tour bus? Have you followed women inexplicably wearing bikinis and giant sunglasses into their hotel rooms recently?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77435 on: May 24, 2015, 10:04:33 pm »

Also, you should set windows to display file extensions, that way executables in email attachments will be identifiable as executables rather than whatever file type they're masquerading as.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #77436 on: May 24, 2015, 10:09:07 pm »

Possession?
Hm.
My diagnosis agrees with this possibility. Have your friends been injured by thin air recently? Have you been near graveyards recently, or been through tunnels without a band's tour bus? Have you followed women inexplicably wearing bikinis and giant sunglasses into their hotel rooms recently?
Alternatively, it may just be constipation. I suggest contacting the nearest religious figure to exorcise your bowels.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #77437 on: May 24, 2015, 10:10:20 pm »

Possession?
Hm.
Alternatively, it may just be constipation. I suggest contacting the nearest religious figure to exorcise your bowels.
Or a guy with blue hair. Go to the guy with blue hair.

Bring some mushrooms, too.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77438 on: May 24, 2015, 10:10:59 pm »

Do you suddenly feel an urge to make a mod of the finest quality?

I know something's wrong because I very much do not.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77439 on: May 24, 2015, 10:11:37 pm »

I was talking to GigDes about this earlier, but there's this pervasive and ongoing idea over at this other forum I'm on (under the same name; feel free to hunt me down) that, somehow, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles are not, in fact, vehicles. It just blows my mind that so many people could agree that something with [noun] in it's name isn't a [noun].

I disagree conceptually. Just because you call something something or think of something doesn't necessarily make it that thing. Thoughts and words change nothing.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 10:14:58 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77440 on: May 24, 2015, 10:26:13 pm »

!!!

Have you tried just brainstorming every thing you can think of until you find something to be anxious about?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #77441 on: May 24, 2015, 10:43:51 pm »

I'm not sure throwing it out is a good idea. Maybe handing it to some guys in biohazard suits.

It was made from household chemicals, which are generally quite dilute. Diluting it a bit more and pouring it onto a patch of dirt should be perfectly safe provided no one eats the dirt.

No no! It will become so diluted it will be homeopathic at that point! It's only becoming more powerful! Think of the children!
But the diluted chemicals would strengthen Earth's immunity to pollution!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77442 on: May 24, 2015, 10:53:25 pm »

!!!

Have you tried just brainstorming every thing you can think of until you find something to be anxious about?

OH I THINK I'VE GOT IT

Fanfiction.

Some people don't like fanfiction. And I put some fanfiction stuff into the dragon ball mod. I made a poll to determine if it would alienate a large amount of people. It wouldn't, supermajority are in support and a full 85% are not against.

It's a fairly minor feature. Use the dragon balls too much, shadow dragons come out. Used Break Through the Limit's instead of Dragon Ball GT's because BTtL's fit the mod much better since I added Super Saiyan God (and they have cooler powers besides; Kronos Shenron's "hypocrisy beam" as I called it in-game is the coolest thing I've ever implemented into a mod; it does more damage the more contradictions you have in your personality).

And I guess my anxiety from that is way more than it ought to be? My mod, I do what I want.

haha wow i feel better already

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #77443 on: May 24, 2015, 11:50:09 pm »

Trying to sleep, phone goes off making me think I've slept till my set alarm.

It's only been an hour and it's my roomate calling me.

No one on the other end, she said she didn't call. ... What?

And now I'm too awake to sleep, poi!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77444 on: May 25, 2015, 12:19:25 am »

Some people don't like fanfiction

I would argue that it is more that people don't like "bad" fanfiction and that the majority of fanfiction is "bad".

I doubt there are that many people (below "some") who dislike fanfiction as a concept.
Pages: 1 ... 5161 5162 [5163] 5164 5165 ... 11037