Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5153 5154 [5155] 5156 5157 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14491682 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77310 on: May 24, 2015, 01:23:13 am »

Why is your DM even letting this guy munchkin so hard? Hell, with the feat things it sounds like they're actively endorsing it. I mean, I could understand if everyone was doing it and it was some kind of 'max difficulty' challenge or something, but it sounds like it's just him.

Why is he letting him use a custom race that doubles the ordinary number of attacks?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77311 on: May 24, 2015, 01:24:58 am »

An 18-20 critical threatens on three numbers. When doubled, it increases to six numbers. 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20. At least, it has in just about every game I played.

I don't know about the multi-weapon fighting bit though.

He isn't using a custom race. He is using a kasatha, which is found in the advanced race guide. It's normally not allowed, but he begged the dm nonstop for him to allow it.

As I mentioned, he plays to win, not to have fun. I'll try and dredge up his custom bullshit race. I know I mentioned it before.

Spoiler: Edit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:27:44 am by BlackFlyme »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77312 on: May 24, 2015, 01:27:57 am »

Why is your DM even letting this guy munchkin so hard? Hell, with the feat things it sounds like they're actively endorsing it. I mean, I could understand if everyone was doing it and it was some kind of 'max difficulty' challenge or something, but it sounds like it's just him.

Why is he letting him use a custom race that doubles the ordinary number of attacks?

Because the combination of: Two weapon fighting, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, and Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Gets the same result as what he is doing.

The only difference though is you need to be level 11 to get Greater Two weapon fighting.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #77313 on: May 24, 2015, 01:29:59 am »

I was just about to post saying that by the way you wrote 'he asked the DM again' he hadn't gotten his wish yet.
Dear god, what fable game in the series has a swarm of insects around the main character?!

Because the combination of: Two weapon fighting, Improved Two Weapon Fighting, and Greater Two Weapon Fighting

The only difference though is you need to be level 11 to get Greater Two weapon fighting.
No, it's 3 feats for the price of none.
A kasatha gets quad wielding as a racial bonus!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:31:49 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77314 on: May 24, 2015, 01:31:14 am »

The first and second ones had very faint insects around you. Nowhere near a swarm, and barely noticeable if you weren't zoomed right into your face and/or were standing completely still.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #77315 on: May 24, 2015, 01:32:22 am »

Kukri have an 18-20 critical threat range, and with the keen enchantment or with the improved critical (weapon name) feat the critical range doubles, making it 15-20.

A doubled 18-20 threat range is 16-20, not 15, and -basing this on the two-weapon rules- gaining another iterative attack would grant exactly one extra attack, not one attack with all weapons.
I think you may be wrong about the threat range, it's hard to visualize...  18-20 is a range of 3, double would be a range of 6, 15-20.
Totally right about the iterative attack, though, assuming it's the same as 3.5e.  I don't know Pathfinder yet ):
You're correct. I was reading it as "20-18 = 2, 2*2 = 4, 20-4 = 16". I'm a little sensitive to such things - you wouldn't believe some of the things players have tried to get past me.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77316 on: May 24, 2015, 01:32:42 am »

The first and second ones had very faint insects around you. Nowhere near a swarm, and barely noticeable if you weren't zoomed right into your face and/or were standing completely still.
I feel you only know this because the munchkin brought that point up.
Alan help.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77317 on: May 24, 2015, 01:34:01 am »

No, it's 3 feats for the price of none.
A kasatha gets quad wielding as a racial bonus!

If he wants to stink! he will need to pick up Multi-weapon fighting.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #77318 on: May 24, 2015, 01:36:01 am »

So it's totally balanced if he just gets three free feats 10 levels before you're meant to be able to get them? Does the race have any other bonuses?

Also, just... Seriously, what the hell is up with that guy? I'll admit I'm someone who personally tends to try to optimize effectiveness (though within reason), but that custom fable race just sounds like pure bullshit.
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #77319 on: May 24, 2015, 01:37:08 am »

You're correct. I was reading it as "20-18 = 2, 2*2 = 4, 20-4 = 16". I'm a little sensitive to such things - you wouldn't believe some of the things players have tried to get past me.

Examples pl0x?
I'm still sad I couldn't even give your 3.5 game a try, shitty timezones. :v
The circle is complete.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77320 on: May 24, 2015, 01:38:27 am »

So it's totally balanced if he just gets three free feats 10 levels before you're meant to be able to get them? Does the race have any other bonuses?

Naw he still gains essentially a 2 feat advantage... but it isn't an "overwhelming advantage" if the game starts at... say... level 10 or higher.

It isn't game breakingly good... especially when fighters have a lot more devastating combinations.

There are easier powerful combinations to make.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77321 on: May 24, 2015, 01:38:42 am »

I feel you only know this because the munchkin brought that point up.

Nah, I just remember it from playing, and did a quick google search for some picture evidence.

Best I could find was this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hard to see, though. It's only a couple of butterflies, and they are see-through. The non-descript insects around the evil character is easier so see, since there are more, and are darker in colour.

And the kasatha racial bonuses:
+2 Dex and Wisdom
+2 Dodge AC
+4 bonus on Con checks in deserts
Always considered to have a running start when jumping
Has four arms
Stealth and Perception are always class skills

They were introduced as an example race that could be built in the advanced race guide. Along with a half-wyvern, a centaur, and a drider. I.E.: not a creature meant to be a PC. They were fleshed out a bit more in bestiary 4, and will likely make a reappearance in the Inner Sea Races book, once that is released.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:43:47 am by BlackFlyme »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #77322 on: May 24, 2015, 01:40:35 am »

Also, in what game does the MC get fucking wings? It's gotta be the third one, since I've beaten the other two.
The circle is complete.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77323 on: May 24, 2015, 01:42:36 am »

Also, just... Seriously, what the hell is up with that guy? I'll admit I'm someone who personally tends to try to optimize effectiveness (though within reason), but that custom fable race just sounds like pure bullshit.
Linky for where I got my info from.

Lessee here...
2 extra dex and wis.
30 ft base speed.
A 2+ dodge bonus to armor class.
4+ to constitution and fortitude saves against fatigue, exhaustion and other ill effects from running.
Spinal sword proficency and perc+stealth are class skills.
They don't get bothered by difficult non magical desert terrain and have a bonus to jumping checks.
Annnnd a spinal sword, which is apparently poisonous.
Alan help.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77324 on: May 24, 2015, 01:43:10 am »

Wiki's say third one, at special occasions.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 5153 5154 [5155] 5156 5157 ... 11037