Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5152 5153 [5154] 5155 5156 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14490986 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77295 on: May 24, 2015, 12:38:48 am »

Boh, what's your username on Steam?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77296 on: May 24, 2015, 12:44:49 am »

Boh, what's your username on Steam?

"Bohandas" same as here (that's the publicly visible name at any rate)
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77297 on: May 24, 2015, 12:47:23 am »

Google adsense thinks I'm a woman.  Not only that, but I've recently had a child.
The latter is probably due to age.  Not only are all my friends marrying, but the impartial analyzer of trends is joining my parents in expecting spawn.
The former...  It's wrong, mostly.  But I thought I was more careful than that.  Honestly impressed, and a bit annoyed.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77298 on: May 24, 2015, 12:47:46 am »

I saw two of them, not sure which if either are you.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #77299 on: May 24, 2015, 12:48:28 am »

So apparently one of my mothers' coworkers is staying with us for a few days. No reason given. I haven't even met them yet, I suppose they're asleep. But why us? There's got to be somewhere more comfortable than this shithole to hole up in.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77300 on: May 24, 2015, 12:56:19 am »

I can now raise undead minions, allowing me to finally pull my weight in the Pathfinder party.

Party's response? To call bullshit on me, because I raised a powerful creature, and it is a decent fighter. But it lost a lot. Like its bonus health from constitution, its feats and skills, and its spellcasting. On top of that, its most dangerous feature, its venom, has been lost as well. It is a net loss compared to the base creature.

Meanwhile the problem player is playing a four-armed character who hits four times in a round, which will become eight once it gets its next iterative attack. He can critical on a 15 to 20 on dice rolls. At least he agrees his character is stupid this time. He wants to retire it for something weaker, actually. If you consider a min-maxed wizard he got off some min-maxing site weaker.

He also asked to play his custom race again.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #77301 on: May 24, 2015, 01:03:53 am »

Meanwhile the problem player is playing a four-armed character who hits four times in a round, which will become eight once it gets its next iterative attack. He can critical on a 15 to 20 on dice rolls.

I've read the Pathfinder rules, and neither of these sound legit.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77302 on: May 24, 2015, 01:06:54 am »

Hey, turns out the reason Sparking was running so slow was because I wasn't cleaning up a table properly, meaning that the run time of every tick in dwarf fortress ended up increasing quadratically with number of attacks since inception.

That was bad.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77303 on: May 24, 2015, 01:07:49 am »

Four arms, with multi-weapon fighting, using four kukris. There is no improved or greater multi-weapon fighting in the rules, but the DM houseruled them in, basically acting like a multi-weapon fighting version of the two-weapon fighting feat chain.

Kukri have an 18-20 critical threat range, and with the keen enchantment or with the improved critical (weapon name) feat the critical range doubles, making it 15-20.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:09:50 am by BlackFlyme »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77304 on: May 24, 2015, 01:09:03 am »

I can now raise undead minions, allowing me to finally pull my weight in the Pathfinder party.

Party's response? To call bullshit on me, because I raised a powerful creature, and it is a decent fighter. But it lost a lot. Like its bonus health from constitution, its feats and skills, and its spellcasting. On top of that, its most dangerous feature, its venom, has been lost as well. It is a net loss compared to the base creature.

Meanwhile the problem player is playing a four-armed character who hits four times in a round, which will become eight once it gets its next iterative attack. He can critical on a 15 to 20 on dice rolls. At least he agrees his character is stupid this time. He wants to retire it for something weaker, actually. If you consider a min-maxed wizard he got off some min-maxing site weaker.

> Powergamer feels his choice is too strong, wants to downgrade to an optimized WIZARD.
Good on him, but that's still an impressive level of system-breakage.  Not sure whose fault it would be, it being Pathfinder.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #77305 on: May 24, 2015, 01:09:54 am »

Four arms, with multi-weapon fighting, using four kukris.

Kukri have an 18-20 critical threat range, and with the keen enchantment or with the improved critical (weapon name) feat the critical range doubles, making it 15-20.
"I shall wipe you clean from this earth, SCUM, WITH MY QUADRUPLE KUKIRI ATTACK!"
"And I have a giant snake yayyyyyy"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77306 on: May 24, 2015, 01:13:18 am »

"I shall wipe you clean from this earth, SCUM, WITH MY QUADRUPLE KUKIRI ATTACK!"
"And I have a giant snake yayyyyyy"

Yea, that's pretty much it.

"My naga skeleton goes to the nearest enemy and attacks it."
"And what are you going to do?"
"I'mma stand here, 'cuz I can't do anything."

Before that I would just go Dwarf Style and just throw random shit I had on me until I couldn't do anything else.

The divine spellcaster spell list ain't that good early game. Though it gets better, and at least my proficiencies and base attack bonuses are better than most arcane casters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77307 on: May 24, 2015, 01:15:50 am »

Uhhh... You are doing the rolls wrong

Once you get your "Second iterative attack" he gets 9

And 15-20 critical threat range? Keen weapons or did he get the critical threat feat? Kukri is light so it helps.

Having Four arms isn't THAT unbalanced so to speak... essentially it is like having three feats for the price of one (You can achieve it normally by going all the way down the two weapon fighting tree)... It is certainly unbalanced if you start at level 1.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 01:20:33 am by Neonivek »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #77308 on: May 24, 2015, 01:18:52 am »

A doubled 18-20 threat range is 16-20, not 15, and -basing this on the two-weapon rules- gaining another iterative attack would grant exactly one extra attack, not one attack with all weapons.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77309 on: May 24, 2015, 01:21:08 am »

A doubled 18-20 threat range is 16-20, not 15, and -basing this on the two-weapon rules- gaining another iterative attack would grant exactly one extra attack, not one attack with all weapons.
I think you may be wrong about the threat range, it's hard to visualize...  18-20 is a range of 3, double would be a range of 6, 15-20.
Totally right about the iterative attack, though, assuming it's the same as 3.5e.  I don't know Pathfinder yet ):
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 5152 5153 [5154] 5155 5156 ... 11037