Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5151 5152 [5153] 5154 5155 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14490980 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77281 on: May 23, 2015, 10:04:14 pm »

You know... Every time I hear a discussion about Shakey Cam I am kind of filled with two reactions

If it is negative... I want to say how shakey cam is excellent in sort of capturing an eratic "I don't know what is going on" feel that is perfect for a character who is in a panic... such as if a bomb just went off in a building in what was otherwise a calm movie.

Yet if it is positive. I want to say how abused it is and how often it is just used to hide the poor choreography and cinematography. Making us basically have to hold it in good faith that what we are seeing is awesome instead of actually showing us something awesome.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77282 on: May 23, 2015, 10:05:46 pm »

The only game I know for a fact I can run is KSP, because the launcher gets around's Steam's login bullshit.
this is why I don't have steam
._.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77283 on: May 23, 2015, 10:12:37 pm »

On Tuesday a girl in my chemistry class exploded
Whoops.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #77284 on: May 23, 2015, 10:31:09 pm »

Now I'm scared. Is it really that bad?
Mixing Hydrogen Peroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, and Baking Soda with any acidic substance in the right amounts could make quite a fizzy solution, but depending on the relative acidity/alkalinity of the concentrations used it's probably harmless.
Depends on the concentration of those materials. Hydrogen peroxide bought at a pharmacy? No big deal. Highly concentrated hydrogen peroxide? Horrifically terrifying stuff, as detailed in "Ignition!" on page 71 here: http://fringe.davesource.com/Fringe/Explosives/Ignition.An-Informal-History-of-Liquid-Rocket-Propellants.John-D-Clark.pdf
"For when we —and other people —tried it again (fortunately on a
smaller scale) the results were different. The jet fuel burns quietly
at first, then the flare burning starts coming, and its frequency increases.
(That's the time to start running.) Then, as the layer of JP
gets thinner, the peroxide underneath gets warmer, and starts to
boil and decompose, and the overlying fuel is permeated with oxygen
and peroxide vapor. And then the whole shebang detonates, with
absolutely shattering violence."
Increasing the heat greatly speeds up decomposition into oxygen, which fuels any reaction involving fire. Which greatly increases the heat. And so on until it explodes.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #77285 on: May 23, 2015, 10:31:21 pm »

The only game I know for a fact I can run is KSP, because the launcher gets around's Steam's login bullshit.
this is why I don't have steam

i don't have a computer because they sometimes don't work

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77286 on: May 23, 2015, 10:32:44 pm »

My truck runs perfectly, but it often breaks a radiator or something so I dumped it into a ditch and haven't looked back since.
Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77287 on: May 23, 2015, 10:40:46 pm »

I would be upset with Steam for not working.  It has practically always worked fine for me, so I like it.  But other people have situations where they run into login problems, and that sounds really frustrating.  I use it on my laptop without internet sometimes, but apparently not long enough to run into the problems.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #77288 on: May 23, 2015, 10:54:56 pm »

On Tuesday a girl in my chemistry class exploded
Whoops.
This reminds me, when I was in the lab on Friday, I learned that an employee - i.e. a full-blown be-degree'd independent scientist - spent nearly an hour working under a laminar flow hood with a UV lamp on - and the hood's glass does not have a UV filter.

Mind you, this stuff is used to murderize absolutely all living and arguably living things in the hood. And she was exposed to this for an hour. Ouch.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77289 on: May 23, 2015, 10:56:56 pm »

Steam.
Steam I'm connected to WiFi.
Steam just please update.
Steam please.

It could be that whoever set up the wifi has steam blocked. are you in a public place?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77290 on: May 23, 2015, 10:58:49 pm »

You know... Every time I hear a discussion about Shakey Cam I am kind of filled with two reactions

If it is negative... I want to say how shakey cam is excellent in sort of capturing an eratic "I don't know what is going on" feel that is perfect for a character who is in a panic... such as if a bomb just went off in a building in what was otherwise a calm movie.

Yet if it is positive. I want to say how abused it is and how often it is just used to hide the poor choreography and cinematography. Making us basically have to hold it in good faith that what we are seeing is awesome instead of actually showing us something awesome.
Well you're pretty contrarian on the whole, so it's not really surprising.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #77291 on: May 23, 2015, 11:04:05 pm »

I can't log in to Steam. I think my steam account may have been hacked again, but I'm not 100% sure; when I went to steam support it just had a message saying "Steam servers are under maintenance", but the rest of Steam's website seems to be up and not under maintainance, so I don't know if I just can't log in because it's under maintainence or if I've been hacked again.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77292 on: May 23, 2015, 11:04:21 pm »

Steam.
Steam please.

It could be that whoever set up the wifi has steam blocked. are you in a public place?
Nah. Home internet.
Black lives matter.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77293 on: May 23, 2015, 11:05:53 pm »

Steam.
Steam please.

Oh thank the Lord and thank BOB Dobbs; If you can't log in either then I guess they're server really is down then and I probably haven't been hacked again.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77294 on: May 24, 2015, 12:37:55 am »

Steam.
Steam please.

Nah. Home internet.

Are you still unable to log in? Because I still can't log in.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 ... 5151 5152 [5153] 5154 5155 ... 11037