Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5133 5134 [5135] 5136 5137 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14493379 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #77010 on: May 20, 2015, 07:36:24 pm »

... yeah, I'm not sure I'd actually call that fanservice, per se. Fanservice is for fans. That's, uh. More a fetish? Something like that.

Why do you play with this person, again?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77011 on: May 20, 2015, 07:39:10 pm »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77012 on: May 20, 2015, 07:43:36 pm »

He wanted to run his own campaign after we finished an adventure path, using the same characters. We said okay.

It started off alright. Some neat ideas here and there. But there was also a lot of BS, like limiting the cleric's healing because it's OP, or railroading us and forcing our characters to act in ways they wouldn't.

For example, we met a regent at one point, and found out that all of the ruling council in a major city was corrupt. We wanted to fix it, because we are good. They had slaves, and promoted slavery, but he demanded we do nothing, because we are also lawful, and therefore would be okay with the ruling class abusing their power. We wanted to free the slaves, as the paladin and the cleric both followed a goddess of freedom. Apparently their goddess spoke directly to them, saying it's K, and to leave it be.

His bard DMPC was introduced as a slave who was forced to sing for them while bound, stripped naked, and being whipped. Apparently we applauded, because DM railroad.

Again, I could write an entire essay on the bullshit in this campaign of his.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 07:46:51 pm by BlackFlyme »

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77013 on: May 20, 2015, 07:45:37 pm »

You should direct him to sites that caters to his kind of RP fetish play.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77014 on: May 20, 2015, 07:47:42 pm »

(I added the spoiler...)

UUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am embarrassed to admit that I have done something... LIKE this before...

Basically made the party fight in a hot tub with some attractive enemies XD

He wanted to run his own campaign after we finished an adventure path, using the same characters. We said okay.

It started off alright. Some neat ideas here and there. But there was also a lot of BS, like limiting the cleric's healing because it's OP, or railroading us and forcing our characters to act in ways they wouldn't.

For example, we met a regent at one point, and found out that all of the ruling council in a major city was corrupt. We wanted to fix it, because we are good. They had slaves, and promoted slavery, but he demanded we do nothing, because we are also lawful, and therefore would be okay with the ruling class abusing their power. We wanted to free the slaves, as the paladin and the cleric both followed a goddess of freedom. Apparently their goddess spoke directly to them, saying it's K, and to leave it be.

His bard DMPC was introduced as a slave who was forced to sing for them while bound, stripped naked, and being whipped. Apparently we applauded, because DM railroad.

Sometimes I think players should be ok with a DM just outright going "Please don't do that, I can't handle it" once in a while. It is a faux pas but honestly there are so many gaming issues that would be fixed.

Buuuuuuut that wouldn't have fixed this situation

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #77015 on: May 20, 2015, 07:52:56 pm »

Kill the DM

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77016 on: May 20, 2015, 07:54:07 pm »

Sometimes I think players should be ok with a DM just outright going "Please don't do that, I can't handle it" once in a while. It is a faux pas but honestly there are so many gaming issues that would be fixed.

Buuuuuuut that wouldn't have fixed this situation
I think you have that backwards.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #77018 on: May 20, 2015, 07:57:25 pm »

The magical realm of the Whizzard?

Direct him towards FATAL... Actually, don't.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77019 on: May 20, 2015, 08:27:03 pm »

...a lot of BS, like limiting the cleric's healing because it's OP, or railroading us and forcing our characters to act in ways they wouldn't.
This is how you know this person is a bad DM. You change the campaign around the characters. You don't change the characters around the campaign. A character's healing seems a little more than you planned for? Make the enemies deal more damage. Can't get the characters to follow your plot? Think of what would motivate them to, or make your plot hooks more interesting.

The number one biggest turn off for any player in an RPG is railroading. He should really know that if he's trying to DM.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77020 on: May 20, 2015, 08:32:54 pm »

...a lot of BS, like limiting the cleric's healing because it's OP, or railroading us and forcing our characters to act in ways they wouldn't.
This is how you know this person is a bad DM. You change the campaign around the characters. You don't change the characters around the campaign. A character's healing seems a little more than you planned for? Make the enemies deal more damage. Can't get the characters to follow your plot? Think of what would motivate them to, or make your plot hooks more interesting.

The number one biggest turn off for any player in an RPG is railroading. He should really know that if he's trying to DM.

Ehhh Healing can be a rather big cop out to admit.

I've had games where I set up traps they hit and then for the cleric to go "Nope sorry didn't happen!" :P

But if I wanted to not deal with it, I'd just make a game without clerics... Which requires me to, of course, adjust the game to the lack of Clerics

And Railroading isn't bad to an extent... but I think it is more accurate to say that a proper game is like a highway :P

A game with 100% no tracks has no goals, purpose, or motivation :P

Mind you not this type of Railroading. It would be one thing if you had a genuinely overpowered character... but this is just someone doing what the class does naturally.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77021 on: May 20, 2015, 08:39:19 pm »

You should've chosen better traps. The ones that do damage that cannot be healed. Like disjunctioning all magical gear on the party.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77022 on: May 20, 2015, 08:41:17 pm »

You should've chosen better traps. The ones that do damage that cannot be healed. Like disjunctioning all magical gear on the party.

Because that is specifically hitting a party weakness and doing annoying damage :P

It is rare to have players who can have fun rolling with the punches... Most players really hate it when you throw anything tricky their way :P

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77023 on: May 20, 2015, 08:41:44 pm »

This is the second campaign that I've played with him as DM.

I must say that he's gotten better at hiding the fact that his DMPCs are anything but legit. He made an arcane trickster wizard, so he can sneak attack with certain spells. Though he should not be able to get the sneak attack of a level 20 rogue, or some of the arcane discoveries only available to a level 20 wizard, unless he secretly made his character gestalt (dual-classed, one level = two classes advanced) during the adventure path before this campaign. I know he's not above cheating.

The bard is pure BS. Easily the strongest in the party, even before magic items. She's actually a succubus, by the way. Here's how he did it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:44:13 pm by BlackFlyme »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77024 on: May 20, 2015, 08:48:43 pm »

By the by BlackFlyme

He lied
Pages: 1 ... 5133 5134 [5135] 5136 5137 ... 11037