Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5101 5102 [5103] 5104 5105 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14502782 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #76530 on: May 17, 2015, 02:54:29 am »

I'd like to think that there's a bit more to my options then "virtually no plot" and "best intertwining plot ever", just like there's a fair bit more of a spectrum to games than "drama-driven RPG story" and "totally plotless fighting game".

What if there was a game with a plot-driven reason for being a plotless fighter game? Like if it was set in the Abyss from D&D/Planescape, or it was based on the backstory/mythos of the metal band GWAR
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76531 on: May 17, 2015, 03:39:42 am »

He enjoys blood a little too much. His character may be a necrophiliac, but I'm not certain. I know he's not above cannibalism, at least. He's a half-elf, too.
Typical elf, being a cannibal.

:P

If a Half-Elf was a cannibal, would he have to eat other Half-Elves to be labelled as such or would he eat both humans and elves?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #76532 on: May 17, 2015, 06:31:59 am »

Maybe he has a balanced diet of sentient and nonsentient meat?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76533 on: May 17, 2015, 07:19:58 am »

And I got to see first-hand why evil player characters are generally discouraged. Dat murder boner. And everyone's generally chaotic, with no good players, so some of us were even encouraging the grimdark shenanigans. Hell, it's how we decided to name our (stolen) boat.

The second is that people who play evil characters are generally allergic to consequences.

At least in my experience. "What? The town guards are after me? What I died?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76534 on: May 17, 2015, 07:33:35 am »

So, couldn't sleep and ended up staying up all night/morning playing DF instead.
Eventually fell asleep some time in the afternoon and then woke up to my phone ringing at... not sure, evening at least.

Fun times. I am so hyped for the new version.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #76535 on: May 17, 2015, 07:42:56 am »

The second is that people who play evil characters are generally allergic to consequences.

I wouldn't touch chaotic evil with s ten foot pole, but lawful evil and neutral evils with a lawful to keep them in check is, in my opinion, a lot of fun.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #76536 on: May 17, 2015, 07:52:40 am »

'Evil for the lulz' is never that interesting anyway.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #76537 on: May 17, 2015, 08:04:01 am »

I wouldn't touch chaotic evil with s ten foot pole, but lawful evil and neutral evils with a lawful to keep them in check is, in my opinion, a lot of fun.

Just need to separate the Chaotic Evil from the Chaotic Stupid.

Generally you don't want supposedly LE or NE characters either if their definition of evil is Always Stupid Evil.
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76538 on: May 17, 2015, 08:08:58 am »

The whole "evil" side of alignment is stupid. "Selfish" would be a better choice.
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #76539 on: May 17, 2015, 08:12:48 am »

Selfishness is basically the main ingredient in the Evil alignment side anyway.
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76540 on: May 17, 2015, 08:17:49 am »

Evil also has a lot of baggage meanings with it that causes the "Chaotic Evil" alignment to basically be self-destructive.

Selfish Chaotic character would not go and randomly do evil stuff that would certainly cause his/her death, for one.
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #76541 on: May 17, 2015, 08:22:48 am »

The whole "evil" side of alignment is stupid. "Selfish" would be a better choice.
Eh, not in D&D/pathfinder/etc. universes, usually. Evil is, like, an actual thing there, with its own pantheon of concept enforcers, physical manifestations, etc., etc. It generally is kinda' stupid, but that's usually true for just about anything in those settings that actually adheres to an alignment -- anything that does that is going to be mono-focused to a degree they start missing things. A pure expressions of any of the alignments is basically full blown insanity.

You just have to think of those settings as, beyond the general hellworld thing, what amounts to battlegrounds between conceptual, lovecraft-style, eldritch gods that just happen to take a less immediately mind-destroying form in favor of a more insidious insanity dispersal method. You're not really dealing with stupid, per se, as you are with Other. Stuff that, when you get right down to it, is fundamentally inimical to life as we generally know it. You'll note well that most of the alignment planes in those universes don't manage to support a baseline human population :V

Selfish Chaotic character would not go and randomly do evil stuff that would certainly cause his/her death, for one.
Well, sure, but what we'd consider lolrandom evillulz of self-destructive attention-grabbing in a sane, stable universe, is stuff that can very much literally provide unlimited cosmic power in these places. Capital-E Evil is something that has significant metaphysical and magical backup in these places. What would be guaranteed death in a sane world is very much not in the hellscapes that most P&P RPG settings consist of.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #76542 on: May 17, 2015, 08:30:20 am »

There's a reason I always play Neutral...
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #76543 on: May 17, 2015, 08:32:45 am »

Neutral's just as bugnuts as the rest of 'em, ux.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76544 on: May 17, 2015, 08:33:48 am »

Pathfinder is a LOT better at it mind you then typical dungeons and dragons is.

If only because "Lawful Good" and "Chaotic Evil" are not actual "forces"

There is certainly a Lawful Good Outsider and a Chaotic Good Outsider but the way they are set up it is more that they have a different method of doing good.

Heck my favorite is the Neutral Good Outsiders (whose name escapes me) because their concept is that they actually don't do much... because they view both good and evil as a necessary part of reality... Which would probably shatter typical dungeons and dragons cosmos in half.

As well Demons, Daemons, and Devils are not "PURE EVIL!" they are different expressions of different types of evil. Daemons being Neutral Evil beings who seek the destruction of the entire universe.

Or rather as long as you don't include the addition of the Anti-paladin (who are stupid)... Pathfinder doesn't play the whole "Alignments are a true thing" game. No one brandishes a sword "In the name of Lawful Good" in pathfinder.

Or rather Pathfinder is trying to have less "outright stupidity" when it comes to its alignments...

I honestly liked to picture how a Fallen Angel would act... and the image that always came to mind is they are still evil... But they still have the "Do good" urge. So they have a close circle of friends, family, loved ones who they shower with gifts... and that a fallen angel would still like all the things it did as an Angel like flowers and song birds.

Meaning you would break into hell... bust down the door to the fallen angel's domain... and find yourself in an idyllic meadow with buildings made of white polished marble.

Neutral's just as bugnuts as the rest of 'em, ux.
There's a reason I always play Neutral...

I have yet to see someone who can play Neutral well.

Their concept is almost ALWAYS "I am good, but I am not too good" (which by the by is good if you have a non-anal DM who thinks the good alignments are pure expressions of goodness)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:40:33 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 5101 5102 [5103] 5104 5105 ... 11037