Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5095 5096 [5097] 5098 5099 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14505632 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #76440 on: May 16, 2015, 11:04:45 am »

After purchasing and installing Breach & Clear and The Binding of Isaac(plus updating Besiege) from the Humble Store, something corrupted my registry. I learned this when my computer crashed while play Binding of Isaac, and when it restarted it tried boot from the CD drive(which is set last in the boot order). After checking CMOS settings, it started giving errors that the registry was corrupt and that I needed to use the original install disc for the OS to repair it. Found the disc(after less searching than I thought it'd take), and had to run the repair utility TWICE. And before that, I had set it to do a full error check of the hard drive(a process that takes about 6 hours), which it is currently doing now.

Since this only started happening after I started installing the stuff from the Humble Store, should I trust it less?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76443 on: May 16, 2015, 11:30:41 am »

that assistant sounds like a fun guy to be around

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #76444 on: May 16, 2015, 12:38:44 pm »

And people say Call of Duty is unrealistic.
Days later, during his first encounter with an SS patrol, he killed four soldiers; however, one of them managed to ignite a phosphorus grenade. After the resulting explosion, Major lost one eye. He refused to be evacuated.

He continued his service as a scout and a sniper by insisting that he needed only one eye to sight his weapon. According to him, he "looked like a pirate."[3]

Badass. And he went on to live to be 87.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76445 on: May 16, 2015, 01:20:20 pm »

What the fuck?

Well, I made it through the whole thing. It never gets any less painful. For some strange reason the Henderson's Castration device was an easier watch than this. I love h3h3's reaction: "this video is why terrorism exists."

basically the answer to the question of why nobody should breed anymore
I can't watch the video because I don't have my headphones right now, but I'm guessing it's not as bad as people are making it out to be. What's wrong with giving kids sex ed earlier in life? Human beings reach sexual maturity way earlier than highschool. According to the comments, there's even some trans-positivity in there, which I'm all for more of.

Speaking of which, I need to stop reading the comments on this video. I can usually put up with a lot of transphobia, but that level just makes me sad and angry enough to cry.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76446 on: May 16, 2015, 01:30:57 pm »

Uhm... You need the audio. Seriously.

This is not about sex education, so much as it is "My vagina IS THE BEST!" There is nothing wrong with considering your vagina to be normal, and feeling at ease about having one, but when you start making attestations like THAT, then you are making trouble.  It does more to harm than to help when it comes to gender politics.

Compare, a video about guys bragging about their penises, and about how they are "The BEST".

There are many other things that are seriously wrong with that video, but I dont want to get bogged down in it.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76447 on: May 16, 2015, 01:33:02 pm »

It's an odd video. I could swear it's a parody video or something, judging by sound design and visuals.

Funny enough, there's a kerfuffle at the moment in some areas here in Ontario because of the new sex-ed program that's planned to roll out. Not that that is the only difficulty schools in some areas have to deal with, since some Greater Toronto Area school boards are on strike and/or are working-to-rule.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #76448 on: May 16, 2015, 01:37:53 pm »

I've been hearing a bit about that for a while now, I think. Apparently some folks in canada are having issues with sex ed programs that are actually worth a damn? From what I recall the ones they're trying to implement are genuinely decent, for ruddy once. May be thinking of a different region, I'unno.

Which is, like. I'm from the states. I feel canada's pain. Huge swaths of this country act like they're allergic to a functioning sex ed curriculum.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76449 on: May 16, 2015, 01:40:44 pm »

Well I am just going to state this

Sex edd was the most uncomfortable class I ever had in highschool outside Religion...

And I didn't learn anything important beyond "STDs exist" which could have been covered if I watched a 15 minute video.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #76450 on: May 16, 2015, 01:44:52 pm »

All I remember from sex ed are the breasts of the girl who starred in the video.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76451 on: May 16, 2015, 01:51:11 pm »

Mine only covered "don't do drugs, here is a video of a childbirth gone wrong. Contraceptives fail more than half the time".

Apparently they want to start sex ed at grade 1, but I don't know what is being covered.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76452 on: May 16, 2015, 01:52:31 pm »

Here, you guys: This is the new sex-ed curriculum.

People against it here are saying stuff like "They'll teach kids how to masturbate/do anal/that it's better to be gay!"

You know, the usual crap people say about this stuff.

What's worse is the people saying "Let kids be kids!" when it's like... Yes? That is the point of this? We want kids to be kids, not parents at 13, not child abuse victims who can't tell anybody because they don't know the words/are ashamed, not people who use the word "gay" to mean "stupid" and who bully others because of who they are, and not people who think a crisps bag works as a condom.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #76453 on: May 16, 2015, 01:54:01 pm »

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:11:06 pm by penguinofhonor »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76454 on: May 16, 2015, 01:55:43 pm »

People against it here are saying stuff like "They'll teach kids how to masturbate/do anal/that it's better to be gay!"

You know, the usual crap people say about this stuff.

Yeah that has NEVER happened before... EVER!

Oh wait it has.

Sex Edd has had a very odd history.

Not that it justifies their paranoia... but it isn't like it is completely made up.

Such as the Drug education teaching children how to score drugs.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 01:58:25 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 5095 5096 [5097] 5098 5099 ... 11037