Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5093 5094 [5095] 5096 5097 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14507752 times)

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #76410 on: May 15, 2015, 04:59:22 pm »

MDickie's Wrestling MPire Remix is both an amazing and goddamn terrible game. This is my third wrestler, my first was paralyzed and the second had its save deleted by Tru MDickie Coding.
I was going into a team match against Coach Emerson's team. I was on Hard Gainer's team. The match starts, and I see myself walk in with Hard Gainer. And then the Coach's team walks in, and I see... The Coach and me. An exact copy of myself, controlling exactly the same, but on Coach's team. What the fuck? I got injured in the ensuing clusterfuck because I wasn't even sure who I should be hitting.
??
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
what???? MDickie??? stop???????????
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #76411 on: May 15, 2015, 05:04:36 pm »

Here's a WTF: We're still expected to remind dorfs to make alcohol, periodically, forever, right?  Because the job manager caps at 30, has no option to refresh, and the brewing job can get deleted by various temporary issues (mostly running out of barrels, for me).  Unless that's been improved since I last played, it has been a while...  It's just weird since jobs like weaving don't have to be micromanaged that way, despite being less vital.  And since the job manager system is so close to being a good solution.  Actually I fixed this once, come to think of it, by making a recursive macro which created thousands of brew-30-drinks jobs in the job manager.  Bonus, the administrative dorf always hit legendary super quick.  And that was back in 40d though, where the dorf would gain in all three stats from gaining any XP...  It was one of the fastest ways to level dorfs, heh.

I love a lot of the post-40d features, but never did get my head around the new military system.  One of these days maybe.  It should be easier since I haven't played in a while, so I've mostly forgotten the interface expectations I learned which changed.

Manager jobs are always requeued the instant they're canceled, and that's been true since forever. The next release will have standing production orders (make booze if booze less than 30, for example), AFAIK.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76412 on: May 15, 2015, 05:10:07 pm »

MDickie is sort of an accidental genius whose games would be considered artistic pieces of GENIUS were he even slightly competent.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76413 on: May 15, 2015, 05:15:14 pm »

Yeah the job manager ensures that up to thirty of a thing gets made, requeuing as necessary, which is nice.  That's why I was using it.  No way to make booze forever, though, besides abusing macros to make thousands of entries in the job manager.  And jobs manually assigned at the workshops don't get requeued of course, even if they're "repeat".

Basically, repeat jobs get cancelled, instead of of getting paused or something.  Which is just bad.

But everything's okay if standing production orders are coming!  I'd feel a lot better about playing again, even having to learn the interface changes from 40d.

MDickie is sort of an accidental genius whose games would be considered artistic pieces of GENIUS were he even slightly competent.
Great example of "So bad they're fun (to read/watch LPs)".  It takes effort and unique perspective to make such entertaining trainwrecks, too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76414 on: May 15, 2015, 05:15:22 pm »

Wait, isn't MDickie that one guy who made some inane Christianity-based game?
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76415 on: May 15, 2015, 05:18:38 pm »

He also made probably the best Satire of jail life ever put into a game... If it was intentional...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #76416 on: May 15, 2015, 05:23:25 pm »

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:10:42 pm by penguinofhonor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76417 on: May 15, 2015, 05:29:03 pm »

That would be TheYouTestament, the greatest fucking thing ever made. Look and see. Though calling it Christianity might be a stretch, MDickie's views on religion are....creative...

Also check out Making of a Prophet, which is literally just TheYouTestament reskinned and about Mohammed!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76418 on: May 15, 2015, 05:44:36 pm »

Not quite. He's made a huge number of wrestling games, some of which are reskinned and dialogue changed to kind of be like something else.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76419 on: May 15, 2015, 05:53:48 pm »

Just to be clear, it was MDickie who reskinned his various wrestling games into the prison simulator, Bible simulator, and Mohammed simulator.
And that Chip and Ironicus LP MSH linked is the best LP I've found of it.  Might be the first.  Unlike that other LP, it's mostly vanilla with some extra, somewhat... anachronistic character customization assets.  The sky doesn't have "MDICKIE SUCKS" scrawled across it like that other LP though.

"How can you randomly generate John the Baptist??"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:56:30 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76420 on: May 15, 2015, 06:01:55 pm »

Yeah the job manager ensures that up to thirty of a thing gets made, requeuing as necessary, which is nice.  That's why I was using it.  No way to make booze forever, though, besides abusing macros to make thousands of entries in the job manager.  And jobs manually assigned at the workshops don't get requeued of course, even if they're "repeat".

Basically, repeat jobs get cancelled, instead of of getting paused or something.  Which is just bad.

But everything's okay if standing production orders are coming!  I'd feel a lot better about playing again, even having to learn the interface changes from 40d.

You can add the [AUTOMATIC] token to the booze reactions so your dwarves will just keep making it as long as they have a barrel/pot and a brewable item so it functions like weaving, fat processing, tanning and fish cleaning. It's also easy to add to smelting reactions and other things you want to just run constantly without oversight.

You just need to think of the raw files as an extended part of the interface, which seems to be intended considering the d_init file exists.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76421 on: May 15, 2015, 06:08:19 pm »

But that'll disable achievements!!
Thanks, I had no idea that was moddable (I've barely tried any DF mods, just macros).  I'll actually give that a go, since it solves my main gripe :D
She/they

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76422 on: May 15, 2015, 06:12:57 pm »

But that'll disable achievements!!
Thanks, I had no idea that was moddable (I've barely tried any DF mods, just macros).  I'll actually give that a go, since it solves my main gripe :D

No problem.

You just need to go into the raw/objects folder and open up the reactions_other file, you can just copy paste [AUTOMATIC] from the tanning reaction into other reactions, it can even be done to an existing world without needing a regen, so you don't need to throw away any old forts to get the benefit.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76423 on: May 15, 2015, 06:38:34 pm »

Yeah, mucking about with the raws is a great way to make DF more enjoyable for yourself. I'm not even sure if it counts as modding, since I can do it semi-competently.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #76424 on: May 15, 2015, 06:48:42 pm »

These events in SSB4 for Wii U are a nigh-rage WTF. Seriously like a third of these are purely luck based, and the other 2/3rds are so hard that they might as well be luck based anyways. My brother and I spent over 3 hours trying to clear the "kill the other 5 ladies, but don't kill peach" on hard before we switched it to easy, spent over an hour trying to complete it on easy (Just to see if it was actually possible!), and then spent two hours more before we finally got lucky enough to finish it on hard (and we were still 3.5 seconds too slow for the flag reward). I mean this is ridiculous, even the easiest ones are often way harder than anything else I can think of.

"Oh your know what would be a great idea? Let's put 3 level 9 computer players on a team against you, and then make it so that killing them with anything other than this random item that only drops at the whims of the RNG just makes them respawn. Oh, and you want the gold flag reward? Do it in 45 seconds." >:(
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 5093 5094 [5095] 5096 5097 ... 11037