Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5084 5085 [5086] 5087 5088 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14512102 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #76275 on: May 14, 2015, 04:58:44 am »

Pure of heart to me means optimum cholesterol levels.

Aside from that, if you mean character and stuff, pure of heart to me means someone who's wholly focused on one thing - if all he does is hate, he's pure of heart. If all she does is hope, she's pure hearted.
Emotions and such.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #76276 on: May 14, 2015, 07:13:25 am »

Pucatrade. It's an MTG card trading site. You don't trade card-for-card, you send people cards and get paid in points. Then people send you cards you want in exchange for your points.

The WTF is that I got $5 in points for signing up, and it took like two minutes for the site to find a few people who are going to send me $5 in cards. How can it be this efficient?
Wait until you get into a dispute with people.

You'll probably both get refunded.

I've had that happen to me like half a dozen times so far.

edit: And for the love of God: use PucaPower.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:16:56 am by Dutchling »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76277 on: May 14, 2015, 07:47:21 am »

Sorry for the lots of WTF but I always post my musings here as soon as I think of them...

I am kind of wondering what people consider "Pure of heart" is or "Pure Hearted"

Because I was watching an anime and it brought forth "Pure of Heart" as a combination of being free of "impure thoughts" and being incapable of misleading someone.

Yet the definition I always went with... with pure of heart was "Someone whose heart knows no hate for another being"

Someone full of "impure" thoughts would hardly be called "pure of heart" would they? Generally, pure intentions = pure of heart.

Someone who is pure of heart is usually thought of as being fair and honest in all their dealings. Dishonesty general precludes being "pure of heart", unless they're being shown as lying to protect someone, and in those cases they usually depict the person as conflicted by needing to lie. Misleading comes into this. If you're misleading people for selfish intentions, or any intention that is not in the best interests of the person you're misleading, that's not very "pure".

I wouldn't say you need to "know no hate" for anyone to be considered pure of heart. But you need to respect everyone. Disrespecting others would usually preclude "pure of heart".
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 07:53:21 am by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #76278 on: May 14, 2015, 08:02:50 am »

That's the second or third person to start shipping me with one of my friends. It's starting to get annoying, given the lack of any form of romantic attraction, the fact that it's fairly open information that I'm not looking for a relationship, and the fact that simply observing us interacting for five minutes would indicate total relationship unviability.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76279 on: May 14, 2015, 08:10:08 am »

Booted up Minecraft with internet on for the first time in months. I input my username and password repeatedly and am told my credentials are wrong. I put in my email + the same fucking password and get through. The major WTF is it shows my username as the one I put in the first time!

As far as the "pure heart" thing goes I'd say either they have everyone's "best interest" at priority or priority at ruining everyone and everything.
Pure Good and Pure Evil respectively.

If you hate another being but still desire the best for them I'd consider that a symptom of pure Good heart, intense self hate, or trying to improve yourself to a point beyond hatred.

That's the second or third person to start shipping me with one of my friends. It's starting to get annoying, given the lack of any form of romantic attraction, the fact that it's fairly open information that I'm not looking for a relationship, and the fact that simply observing us interacting for five minutes would indicate total relationship unviability.
Probably shipping you two because of their own aesthetic taste or the emotions they associate you with. Here's to hoping the phenomenon doesn't spread.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #76280 on: May 14, 2015, 08:10:26 am »

total relationship unviability.
shipping
TRU is not nearly enough to stop shipping, arx. You should know this by now :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #76281 on: May 14, 2015, 08:24:59 am »

Shipping is literally Hitler.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76282 on: May 14, 2015, 09:53:15 am »

Using "literally" wrong is literally Hitler.
Fixed that for you
Also I know what the dictionary says now.  The dictionary is also literally Hitler.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #76283 on: May 14, 2015, 10:14:37 am »

in a literal manner or sense; exactly.
what are you talking about

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76284 on: May 14, 2015, 10:15:44 am »

Using "literally" wrong is literally Hitler.
Fixed that for you
Also I know what the dictionary says now.  The dictionary is also literally Hitler.
What's wrong with using "literally" as an intensifier? I mean, this usage is very understandable from a semantic standpoint. You have an already excessive point of comparison ("Hitler", "the evilest thing", whatever), and you use "literally" to mean that the event in question is the closest it is possible to be to that point of comparison - that it is the point of comparison, often for comedic effect. I would say it's a niche usage, but "wrong"? Come on. Prescriptivism is literally Hitler.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76285 on: May 14, 2015, 10:20:39 am »

literal hitler is very literally literal in his literacy
._.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76287 on: May 14, 2015, 10:24:14 am »

Because it's useful to show that a statement is literally true instead of hyperbole.  If there was another easy way to do that, I wouldn't mind so much.  Did we really need yet another intensifier?  Besides, adding something's antonym as an alternate definition is just dumb.  It's literally sarcasm.

Apparently dictionary.com hasn't added the new literal definition, but Merriam-Webster and Cambridge did.  Literally ruining a perfectly good word.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/living/literally-definition/

I really don't mind changing the language to fit actual usage, but this literally makes it harder to communicate.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #76288 on: May 14, 2015, 10:26:58 am »

So how did you spot me using literally as a hyperbole? :)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #76289 on: May 14, 2015, 10:29:55 am »

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:50:50 pm by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 5084 5085 [5086] 5087 5088 ... 11037