Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5083 5084 [5085] 5086 5087 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14512250 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #76260 on: May 14, 2015, 01:46:35 am »

Weird.

Now you need to spend the next day or so analysing every possible difference to work out exactly what's going on. :P
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76261 on: May 14, 2015, 02:01:30 am »

WTF: North Korean defence minister death by firing squad with anti-aircraft cannons for falling asleep during a parade. Kim Jong-Un seems determined to prove he's far more insane than his dad and grandpa.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76262 on: May 14, 2015, 02:03:23 am »

Already been posted here, sorry.  We had a fun discussion about political physics and orbital platforms.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #76263 on: May 14, 2015, 02:03:55 am »

WTF: North Korean defence minister death by firing squad with anti-aircraft cannons for falling asleep during a parade. Kim Jong-Un seems determined to prove he's far more insane than his dad and grandpa.
So it's been proven? :-\ Someone posted that earlier but the news sources were 'uncertain' in exacts.

Edit: I totally missed the # of pages in between. Oops. :-[

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76264 on: May 14, 2015, 02:47:10 am »

Ok I have to ask this

I have a rather big intolerance for sharing beds with people. It isn't that I dislike doing so, but after a while I get really agitated... I can MAYBE muster it for one night.

So...

What do married couples do when this is a thing? I keep hearing how "separate beds" is a marriage killer... but is that always the case?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #76265 on: May 14, 2015, 02:47:57 am »

Ok I have to ask this

I have a rather big intolerance for sharing beds with people. It isn't that I dislike doing so, but after a while I get really agitated... I can MAYBE muster it for one night.

So...

What do married couples do when this is a thing? I keep hearing how "separate beds" is a marriage killer... but is that always the case?
Sex
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76266 on: May 14, 2015, 02:51:09 am »

Goodness... I want to ask a question with a response like that... But I have no idea if it is allowed but..

SURELY... that can't fix everything... I mean wouldn't you get agitated later? or does it release a chemical that encourages all night cuddling?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #76267 on: May 14, 2015, 02:53:20 am »

Uh. Orgasm in men releases chemicals that make you sleepy, among other things. So, kinda?

We're drifting rapidly into the forum guidelines too.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76268 on: May 14, 2015, 02:53:56 am »

Yeah... Lets leave the sex answer alone...

Is there any other possibilities here?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #76269 on: May 14, 2015, 02:54:42 am »

The endorphins and such do generally do that, but yeah regular physical intimacy really helps the stability of a relationship what with the various gestures of care being mostly about touching the other person. Being apart from that won't necessarily kill a relationship, but if you refrain from other gestures of affections it certainly won't help.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76270 on: May 14, 2015, 02:57:04 am »

Pucatrade. It's an MTG card trading site. You don't trade card-for-card, you send people cards and get paid in points. Then people send you cards you want in exchange for your points.

The WTF is that I got $5 in points for signing up, and it took like two minutes for the site to find a few people who are going to send me $5 in cards. How can it be this efficient?
Because it's fiat money. You get your card, the other guy gets $5 extra card credit. It costs the site nothing. Everyone is happy.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76271 on: May 14, 2015, 03:22:19 am »

Ok I have to ask this

So...

Quote from: Ur-Quan Kzer-Za
Of all the species we have met, only the Taalo did not trigger our instinctive territoriality.
They were the only people we could stand with, or talk to, without the hunter inside us screaming
`Kill the interloper! Rip out its life!'
When they say "all the species", they're including themselves.  They couldn't stand to be close to each other.  Only a race of sentient rocks was bearable to be around.
You're not alone, Neonivek.  Getting together for an "activity" I can do, technically, but I'm not sure I'll ever sleep comfortably next to someone.
Edit: The instinct for me is "hide" or "repel" not "kill", but still.  It grows with time and proximity, and a period of solitude is the only relief.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 03:24:40 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #76272 on: May 14, 2015, 03:42:06 am »

That's alien to me, but I respect the way you do.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76273 on: May 14, 2015, 04:46:38 am »

I keep hearing how "separate beds" is a marriage killer... but is that always the case?
Not always, my parents have been sleeping in separate beds as far as I can remember.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76274 on: May 14, 2015, 04:54:41 am »

Sorry for the lots of WTF but I always post my musings here as soon as I think of them...

I am kind of wondering what people consider "Pure of heart" is or "Pure Hearted"

Because I was watching an anime and it brought forth "Pure of Heart" as a combination of being free of "impure thoughts" and being incapable of misleading someone.

Yet the definition I always went with... with pure of heart was "Someone whose heart knows no hate for another being"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 04:57:16 am by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 5083 5084 [5085] 5086 5087 ... 11037