Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5054 5055 [5056] 5057 5058 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517793 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75825 on: May 06, 2015, 06:41:52 pm »

I was trying to be polite, heh.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75826 on: May 06, 2015, 06:49:36 pm »

There's also the fact that people might not be willing to pay more than they already are for trash collection. Raise the price too much, people stop paying, that wage increase you just got ends up being a demotion when you're laid off because people would rather burn it/throw it somewhere you don't need to pay for it than pay your employer.
Who directly pays for it though? I don't think anyone in an english-speaking country at least. Probably not many other places either.
You underestimate the power of privatization.
Oh, right. Fucking America.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #75827 on: May 06, 2015, 07:56:08 pm »

I just took some Nyquil for this horrible cold I have. My WTF?

Why in the name of all that is holy does it taste like horrible green death liquid?! Who's idea was it to make it taste so terrible?! WHY?!
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75828 on: May 06, 2015, 08:01:53 pm »

Not their idea, per se, but consequence of it working. That or you've been poisoned.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #75829 on: May 06, 2015, 08:04:01 pm »

Buy the gel capsules next time, they're better for not committing genocide on your tongue.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75830 on: May 06, 2015, 08:04:11 pm »

That's alcohol for you. Along with the other stuff. Remember those things have ingredient lists, and you've got google :V

Though iirc part of the actual reason behind that is to keep kids or whatev' from guzzling the stuff. Lot of medicine is specifically made to taste bad for exactly that reason, from what I recall. Helps disincentivize overdosing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75831 on: May 06, 2015, 08:19:18 pm »

It snowed today. I thought winter was over, but apparently, May is month that it snows in now.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #75832 on: May 06, 2015, 08:24:16 pm »

It snowed today. I thought winter was over, but apparently, May is month that it snows in now.

...do you live in Alaska or something?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75833 on: May 06, 2015, 08:56:05 pm »

...do you live in Alaska or something?
Nope, central Alberta.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #75834 on: May 06, 2015, 08:58:53 pm »

That's alcohol for you. Along with the other stuff. Remember those things have ingredient lists, and you've got google :V

Though iirc part of the actual reason behind that is to keep kids or whatev' from guzzling the stuff. Lot of medicine is specifically made to taste bad for exactly that reason, from what I recall. Helps disincentivize overdosing.

Like liquor, you could try mixing it with something else; maybe pineapple juice and grenadine.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #75835 on: May 06, 2015, 09:00:30 pm »

Like liquor, you could try mixing it with something else; maybe pineapple juice and grenadine.
Mixing nyquil with stuff makes it worse.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75836 on: May 06, 2015, 09:04:18 pm »

I misread that as grenade, and for a moment was very confused.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #75837 on: May 06, 2015, 09:21:42 pm »

I actually like the taste of Nyquil. Not because of the flavor profile. But because my body knows its about to get very sleepy, my cough is about to be suppressed and I'm going to be able to sleep. So when I'm feeling like crap and I drink it, I get a sensation of "oooooooooooo yeah." Probably just the codeine though.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #75838 on: May 06, 2015, 09:24:49 pm »

Probably just the codeine though.
Wh... where the fuck do you buy your Nyquil?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75839 on: May 06, 2015, 09:31:06 pm »

It's also partly because stories in which everyone is generally good people and nothing really bad happens are boring. Not just in the dramatic sense of conflicts in such settings involving such characters being trivial, easily resolved, and temporary, but also in the critical sense -- it's difficult to impart meaning or convey deep emotion with stories about good people being decent to each other in a peaceful, ordinary setting.

A fluffy slice-of-life story can be a good palate cleanser in the same way that a glass of milk or a little bit of ginger can, but would you want to live your whole life eating nothing but ginger and drinking nothing but milk? That's not to say that there aren't places for genuinely good individuals in fiction, anything but. However, that is always going to be in the context of a generally good character playing off of less than good characters and situations or vice-versa.

On a somewhat related note, "good" cannot exist in a vacuum. It's a meaningless idea on its own in the same way that "cold" is meaningless without heat. Furthermore, there's the issue of nuance: stories about perfectly good, normal people in completely ordinary situations with no real conflict are just as jarring and unrealistic as the polar opposite, because real people and situations are nuanced; to use the old color metaphor nothing and no one is perfectly black and white, nor are they "grey"; everyone and everything is a rainbow, a panoply of different and often contradictory motivations, causes, emotions, and goals.

I know this is unfair to you but this is sort of the prime example of how people view anything that isn't dark and dismal.

As if white means fluffy clouds, and rainbows and no more traffic accidents.

Rather than... say...

The Liars Game Live Action Show

Where people are put into a game where they betray one another and put them into crippling lifelong debt.

It is a "Grey and White" show.

But really "Good" doesn't mean flawless... It means the person doesn't stoop. They are the beacon that chases away the darkness. :P

A "Whole picture" isn't "shades of grey" a whole picture is when you have Black, White, and Grey together.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:37:20 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 5054 5055 [5056] 5057 5058 ... 11037