Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5045 5046 [5047] 5048 5049 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517752 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75690 on: May 04, 2015, 11:10:28 pm »

Also, apparently cleverbot switches to spanish if you start talking to it in Spanish.  Also oh my god cleverbot is vicious.

Edit: hehehe
Me: are you a flying cat wizard?
Cleverbot: I am a flying Toast.

Bot One: Do you like wine?
Bot Two: Wine is good.
Bot One: Wine?
Bot Two: Wine isn't a color!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:17:11 pm by 4maskwolf »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #75692 on: May 05, 2015, 12:19:16 am »

I don't have any anti-virus, so I just run malwarebytes every time something overtly unwanted happens.
This isn't a very good system. It would be far more efficient to stop the malware from getting to work in the first place via an antivir. There are plenty of free antivirs available on the Net, and there really is no reason not to have one, beyond the tiny amount of CPU they take and few false alarms they give.
Picking the right one also can make a big difference as well though. Running something like avast doesn't provide too much of a slowdown (though it still basically doubles any disk access times), but some of the older ones like Norton can lead to boot times 1.5x as long, 20% more CPU usage, and things like 24x slower disk access.

And honestly at best most anti viruses only catch about 80% of current "threats", and sometimes much less than that. Really your best defense would be to set up an account without any admin privileges at all (running mac/linux) and then sandbox everything you can on top of that. (Windows is getting better though, maybe in another version or two they will have the same level of defense mac and linux get just by not letting things access stuff without the user giving explicit permission).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75693 on: May 05, 2015, 01:26:17 am »

Ugh! I am never going to get away from Familiar of Zero

Every year something forces me to relive that damn anime... >_< I just want it out of my life!

SnowDorf

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Watching and writing. Mostly watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75694 on: May 05, 2015, 02:29:12 am »

So, I was walking by the library at my college campus and there were a ton of people running around in (what I can assume is) anime cosplay. I was minding my own business when this really fat girl in green pigtails who smelled like a Dorito factory ran up to me yelling "Senpai!!" (something along the lines of that) then hit me with a full-on side-hug.

Immediately after I printed my essay, I returned to my dorm and took a two hour shower. I felt violated.  :-[

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #75696 on: May 05, 2015, 03:03:59 am »

So, I was walking by the library at my college campus and there were a ton of people running around in (what I can assume is) anime cosplay. I was minding my own business when this really fat girl in green pigtails who smelled like a Dorito factory ran up to me yelling "Senpai!!" (something along the lines of that) then hit me with a full-on side-hug.

Immediately after I printed my essay, I returned to my dorm and took a two hour shower. I felt violated.  :-[
*cringe*

Papa Franku explains you what you just experienced.
.....*cringing intensifies*
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75697 on: May 05, 2015, 03:04:41 am »

ish filthy frank, motherfucker
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #75698 on: May 05, 2015, 04:01:55 am »

Hey, that guy invented the Harlem Shake. You, uh.

Uh.

Internet fame.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75699 on: May 05, 2015, 04:31:00 am »

why is abstract data gathering so hard and why do I keep running into exponentially increasing difficulties all over the place

fcking_hell
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75700 on: May 05, 2015, 04:33:16 am »

I find it interesting that I actually am very good at bowling...

For the first few pins... but I end up fatiguing my wrist and it becomes impossible to keep making good shots.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #75701 on: May 05, 2015, 04:41:19 am »

I find it interesting that I actually am very good at bowling...

For the first few pins... but I end up fatiguing my wrist and it becomes impossible to keep making good shots.

Either you're using too heavy a ball, or you're doing something wrong, probably not keeping the wrist straight enough (the wrist should not move during delivery of the ball). Serious fatigue of the wrist should not happen in less than a game even if you're not using a wrist brace.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75702 on: May 05, 2015, 04:59:40 am »

I don't use a wrist brace... and yeah I have to use heavy bowling balls because the lighter ones have small holes.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75704 on: May 05, 2015, 09:52:31 am »

This

And This
The second would just be weird if not for the ominous droning which transforms it to outright terrifying.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 ... 5045 5046 [5047] 5048 5049 ... 11037