Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5030 5031 [5032] 5033 5034 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517092 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75465 on: May 01, 2015, 10:24:34 am »

Of course it is American.

The whole "I hope Senpai will notice me" meme is rather American...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #75466 on: May 01, 2015, 10:26:33 am »

I do hope Senpai notices me though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75467 on: May 01, 2015, 10:28:33 am »

The only reason this meme annoys me is because it took something that was already WAY TOO prolific in anime that it was quite annoying...

And overused it until it became super annoying.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75468 on: May 01, 2015, 10:29:00 am »

Well it could have been statutory... Once again nothing can make me click on that link...

I am not risking it being true.
I clicked just in case it was some technicality like that (baby photos, for example).  No.  It's... it's exactly what it sounds like and worse.  At least he's caught now.

I'm far too stealthy for Senpai to notice me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #75469 on: May 01, 2015, 10:30:07 am »

I am actually aware of what most of the jokes are. Yet honestly they are too easily pleased anyhow as most of them can amount to reference jokes without any real pay off on their own...

Especially when honestly a lot of the good jokes one could make about the series are entirely skipped over. It is about a very artificial version of the Sentai without understanding the formulas. It is especially odd because they game is VERY much based around the very first Power Rangers team even right down to there being an Asian one and a blue techy one. Yet without any of the lameness that made the first season of Power Rangers a real treat to watch.

Also WOW is the game short O-o... I am almost done...

People will buy into anything Furtuka and if they just wanted a bunch of lame references in a game well that is what they got.

Well to be fair they actually seem to be liking it for more than just the references, and sound like they're having a lot of fun with it, even if they do agree it's really easy and the writing isn't too great. But like I said, I haven't tried it out for myself and am just repeating out of surprise/confusion.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:34:11 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75470 on: May 01, 2015, 10:37:26 am »

For the longest time I thought Senpai was someone's name.

I am out of the loop when it comes to anime memes I guess.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75471 on: May 01, 2015, 10:41:36 am »

Well now that the rage has worn off.

There is generally two things that they kind of like about the game from what I understand
1) They like the "cheapness" of the game. They view the game's lame and cheap filming moments as a take that against Seban.
-What I find odd about this is that it is rather inaccurate to how things actually went. The "Weird monsters" weren't because the series was cheap but because the series had strong comedic elements in Japan.
2) Generally speaking the game has a very 'buddy buddy' (I forgot the word I used for this) type of comedy making it feel like you are being told jokes by your best friend. Sure they are lame, but the sort of lame you love to hear your friends say. I am not immune to this sort of comedy but I need to love the characters first, otherwise it just feels extra lame to me.

As for the gameplay... from what I understand most people give the gameplay a pass... even diehard fans of the game. (One review in particular gave the game a 9 if you love power rangers and a 6 if you want to play this as an RPG). The gameplay is mostly the excuse for story so to speak... Some games have an excuse plot, this game has excuse gameplay.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:44:54 am by Neonivek »

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75472 on: May 01, 2015, 10:50:11 am »

For the longest time I thought Senpai was someone's name.

I am out of the loop when it comes to anime memes I guess.
Nah, Senpai is an honorific for an upperclassman. Fun fact: Kohai is the inverse of Senpai.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #75473 on: May 01, 2015, 10:55:24 am »

Though the usage is much more broad now, and can fixate on any element of the stereotypical behavior. See: Warframe and Stalker-senpai.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #75474 on: May 01, 2015, 11:03:56 am »

Well now that the rage has worn off.

There is generally two things that they kind of like about the game from what I understand
1) They like the "cheapness" of the game. They view the game's lame and cheap filming moments as a take that against Seban.
-What I find odd about this is that it is rather inaccurate to how things actually went. The "Weird monsters" weren't because the series was cheap but because the series had strong comedic elements in Japan.
On this part I think its less that and more about that they like were some jokes about the fanbase and the accuracy to how over the top in terms of stuff like special moves is and the overall cheesyness? Also something about simulating tanking because of ignoring your actual production in favor of selling toys. And the customization of names and phrases sounds fun, even if it is limited to just aesthetics from what I understand. The things about Saban they were laughing about was a subplot with a doctor antagonist threatening to sue who has his name written as Saban's first name written backwards then chopped into two words.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 11:06:56 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75475 on: May 01, 2015, 11:10:36 am »

Naw moves are very subdued in the actual game oddly enough... the first finisher you get is pretty much original. You eventually unlock a weapon finisher and your robot has a few itself.

Sometimes I wish they would stop doing the same old "Ha ha ha! isn't this cheap?" joke and just have a good effect here and there... the excuse of "They are just a small company" stops applying after season 1.

The Saban thing is just another 'reference' all things considered. Especially since the game establishes that there is already a Japanese Sentai series that looks exactly like yours.

Kind of a shame that the game doesn't really base the game's escalating gameplay on anything from Power Rangers. Such as Battleizers.

If you want a REALLY good Power Rangers parody then you want to play the Disgaea series oddly enough... and would be a better tactical RPG too.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 11:26:46 am by Neonivek »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75476 on: May 01, 2015, 12:52:40 pm »

Apparently one of my classmates got into my college account, found my exam marks, and is showing them to everyone else in class.

Has likely done it to several people, given that she has done similar things with peoples' test marks before.

What is the purpose of this?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75477 on: May 01, 2015, 12:59:56 pm »

To show everybody what a good student you are?

How do you rate your own test marks on a scale of 1 to Nobel?
._.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75478 on: May 01, 2015, 01:06:52 pm »

Probably at a -2.

This student is sketchy, to say the least. I think I've complained about her before.

She gets pissed at everyone who scores better than her on anything, and finds and spreads the marks of everyone who failed to the whole class. She also has a tendency to throw her partners under the bus on group projects.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75479 on: May 01, 2015, 01:19:19 pm »

Probably at a -2.

This student is sketchy, to say the least. I think I've complained about her before.

She gets pissed at everyone who scores better than her on anything, and finds and spreads the marks of everyone who failed to the whole class. She also has a tendency to throw her partners under the bus on group projects.

Well she's going to have a fun time working in the real world. Or, at least not fun for the people around her. I consider people like that to be a dangerous liability to even know. Well, at least knowing what she's like is some security against dealing with her in the real world, which you should avoid. Her actions are likely to hinder her employment prospects for decades.

What profession are you all aimed at?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 01:21:59 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 5030 5031 [5032] 5033 5034 ... 11037