Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5029 5030 [5031] 5032 5033 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517090 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75450 on: May 01, 2015, 02:25:25 am »

I am actually aware of what most of the jokes are. Yet honestly they are too easily pleased anyhow as most of them can amount to reference jokes without any real pay off on their own...

Especially when honestly a lot of the good jokes one could make about the series are entirely skipped over. It is about a very artificial version of the Sentai without understanding the formulas. It is especially odd because they game is VERY much based around the very first Power Rangers team even right down to there being an Asian one and a blue techy one. Yet without any of the lameness that made the first season of Power Rangers a real treat to watch.

Also WOW is the game short O-o... I am almost done...

People will buy into anything Furtuka and if they just wanted a bunch of lame references in a game well that is what they got.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 02:31:32 am by Neonivek »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75451 on: May 01, 2015, 02:32:33 am »

On a random note that does remind me of an interesting phenomenon that I heard of where Super Sentai is considered to be at its best when its sillier while Power Rangers is considered to be at its best when its being more serious.
I noticed that kind of thing quite a lot, actually, when comparing Japanese shows to others. They tend to be absurd even in situations where it doesn't really make sense. But it also sometimes has that weird hint of depression, like that absurdity is designed to hide their true feelings? Something like that. It's pretty weird.

Also, I find that thing in more modern-ish culture where something is praised for making a lot of references to other things is kind of disturbing. I mean, it doesn't take a lot of effort to make a reference. Yet it's somehow praised more than making something original. It is really disturbing, because it feels like this system stills development of new things, instead replacing it with thousands of re-hashes and "funny deconstructions" and endless derivatives that are supposed to be funny but everyone forgot why they were supposed to be funny and just repeats the joke in favor of getting a few more hundreds of likes.
._.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #75452 on: May 01, 2015, 02:34:12 am »

People often mistake reference for parody, and thus mistake reference for humor.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75453 on: May 01, 2015, 02:35:49 am »

Oh man, Power Rangers?
That reminds me, I need to go through the various Power Rangers series and spin-offs on Netflix and work out which ones are truest to the original. I have found good, recent Power Rangers shows in the past, but some of them are really bad.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75454 on: May 01, 2015, 02:37:38 am »

Oh man, Power Rangers?
That reminds me, I need to go through the various Power Rangers series and spin-offs on Netflix and work out which ones are truest to the original. I have found good, recent Power Rangers shows in the past, but some of them are really bad.

Honestly watch the original Power Rangers with a sense of humor, it is hilarious how goody goody everyone is. Bulk and Skull (two characters on the show) once get detention for failing a test.

Ps. These are all things that are not parodied in the game

My review was considered unhelpful, but given the number of people who seen it as that (11) it is immediately obvious who does this. First the developers downvote negative reviews to keep them from being seen, then the diehard fans.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:04:46 am by Neonivek »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75455 on: May 01, 2015, 06:18:57 am »

What the !?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75456 on: May 01, 2015, 06:19:45 am »

Man found guilty of raping one-day old baby boy

I... just...

I honestly can't think up of words other than 'what the actual FUCK!?'

Normally this is where I'd click the link and try to find if this article is honest or if it is some sort of manipulation of the news.

But for some reason... I can't put my finger on it... I don't want to... INTENSELY!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75457 on: May 01, 2015, 06:57:49 am »

Well it could have been statutory... Once again nothing can make me click on that link...

I am not risking it being true.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #75458 on: May 01, 2015, 07:01:53 am »

Man found guilty of raping one-day old baby boy

I... just...

I honestly can't think up of words other than 'what the actual FUCK!?'
I...
Why. I don't even...
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75459 on: May 01, 2015, 07:58:16 am »

Life imitates A Serbian Film?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75460 on: May 01, 2015, 08:11:05 am »

What the hell is Serbian Film and why I get this feeling I do not want to Google it?
._.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #75461 on: May 01, 2015, 08:14:08 am »

It's a wonderful family film if you despise your family with all your heart and wish for them to know it.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75462 on: May 01, 2015, 08:18:45 am »

Oh dear. Pretty sure that's in my friend's download queue.
I guess it's going to turn out to be at least as fucked up as I suspected. D:
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75463 on: May 01, 2015, 09:11:41 am »

As the words I uttered were literally "Wtf is this"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75464 on: May 01, 2015, 09:45:14 am »

As the words I uttered were literally "Wtf is this"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Google-fu brings up more pictures and context. Fun fact: it seems to be American.
http://coronaborealistime.tumblr.com/post/95450322342
https://www.facebook.com/As1aa
https://instagram.com/p/qKbeNwQtog/
Pages: 1 ... 5029 5030 [5031] 5032 5033 ... 11037