Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5025 5026 [5027] 5028 5029 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517720 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75390 on: April 29, 2015, 09:43:45 pm »

Back in the day the Catholics opposed in vitro fertilization because they claimed that children born that way would have no souls because they weren't born from holy conception between a man and a woman. Some Catholics still believe this:
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a23759115/catholics_-_confession_for_ivf
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=721421

Let the implications of soulless people walking around like normal sink in for a second. If you have people who are intellectually indistuinguisgable from normal people but don't have a soul because of a technicality, what do they suppose the soul does? And what about children born to a soulless person and a soul person? Do they have no soul, a whole soul or half a soul?
Now I wish the soul could be tested or measured so that I could do science to this.

Just a warning that I would like to share with you all. Please do not refrigerate your stickers. I do not know what kind of lovecraftian horror would emerge from this, but apparently it is important enough that it has been printed on many boxes at work. Given that the boxes also acknowledge that the contents are stickers, it was likely not a mistake.
Where I work, we have a whole roll of stickers kept in the walk-in refrigerator used for labeling things there. Granted, they might be specially made for low temperatures or something, but it's definitely not a universal constant or anything like that.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #75391 on: April 29, 2015, 11:35:24 pm »

That, or maybe the Catholics are wrong and the kid does have a soul... oh, okay, that's too far out there, isn't it?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #75392 on: April 29, 2015, 11:46:31 pm »

Yeah, that's just crazy talk. So now we need to see if the half-souled offspring retains the same soul color of it's full-souled parent, or if the soulless parent's lack of soul has any effect on it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #75393 on: April 29, 2015, 11:57:34 pm »

I greatly desire this, for I want a gun I can use to shoot souls into things. "What's this? An underabundance of souls in the refrigerator? This shotgun full of souls ought to put a stop to that!"
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75394 on: April 30, 2015, 12:26:32 am »

Ensoul every sandwich for the rest of forever, yupyup. Especially ones made with factory grown livestock. Only thing better than suffering at improving taste is suffering with a soul :3

Or just get a soul-hose, shove that thing right into your craw and eat the stuff like liquid cotton candy piped directly from the beyond.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75395 on: April 30, 2015, 04:40:59 am »

So, Barry White is Rick Astley after being shot with the ensouling gun?
Maybe somebody could shoot Bieber so that he turns into Carla Thomas.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75396 on: April 30, 2015, 04:43:20 am »

The thing I'm wondering is why the catholics didn't ban redheads from having children and transferring the soulless gene.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75397 on: April 30, 2015, 07:35:55 am »

So, I'm one of those people who always kind of wakes up right before the actual proper time to wake up, and this sometimes puts me in a weird half awake/half asleep status.

So, today, just around 30 minutes before I had to get off my bed, I heard something walking over my roof, which is rather common considering the neighborhood cats like to use my roof as their private battleground and plataform to transition between house roofs, but a few seconds after I heard that noise, I swear I could hear my door knob turning, veeeeeeeery slowly, like someone was turning it bit by bit with a few seconds between each movement. I didn't bother with it at first, but this went on for several minutes, but I couldn't be arsed to actualy get off my bed to check, then it eventualy stopped and I think I fell asleep for a while till my clock finally woke up me up.

It wasn't scary or anything, just really really odd. I guess I was half lucid dreaming or something.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #75398 on: April 30, 2015, 08:31:48 am »

The thing I'm wondering is why the catholics didn't ban redheads from having children and transferring the soulless gene.
Ireland.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #75399 on: April 30, 2015, 10:28:47 am »

Why do all my sessions in Minecraft quickly transition into "Remove all dirt from this entire continent"? Happens EVERY time.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75400 on: April 30, 2015, 12:44:46 pm »

Almost went on a knife-killing rampage, but I couldn't find a knife. Instead I simply put as much effort into my work as mu supervisor puts into hers(very little). After all, nobody seems to criticize her work efforts, nor do they demand that she do it twice.

Or just get a soul-hose, shove that thing right into your craw and eat the stuff like liquid cotton candy piped directly from the beyond.

Praise the immortal Emperor? Because that's basically how they're keeping him immortal.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75403 on: April 30, 2015, 03:26:17 pm »

WHAAAAAAAAAAT
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75404 on: April 30, 2015, 03:33:48 pm »

That sounds like what a McDonalds IKEA commercial would sound like in Night Vale.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 5025 5026 [5027] 5028 5029 ... 11037