Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5021 5022 [5023] 5024 5025 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517336 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75330 on: April 29, 2015, 12:36:46 pm »

Are you inseminating Jesus Christ?
I think you mean to post that in the OOCQ thread.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #75331 on: April 29, 2015, 12:39:05 pm »

Are you inseminating Jesus Christ?
No, that would be Jesus. I'm in an office where I'm allegedly supposed to be doing serious business, so I dare not look up the appropriate image to link, but feel free to Google Image Search "Jesus Fucking Christ".
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75332 on: April 29, 2015, 12:39:43 pm »

Nah, it's fine here.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75333 on: April 29, 2015, 12:40:05 pm »

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/04/28/will-not-obey-christian-leaders-threaten-civil-disobedience-if-supreme-court/
"He said that once same-sex marriage is elevated to the level of protected status – it will transform the face of society and will result in the 'beginning of the end of Western Civilization.'"

???

Has anyone told these people Canada and like 36 states have gay marriage and nothing bad has come from it? I mean, "beginning of the end of Western Civilization," really? Because that wasn't already going way downhill long before now?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #75335 on: April 29, 2015, 12:50:33 pm »

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/04/28/will-not-obey-christian-leaders-threaten-civil-disobedience-if-supreme-court/
"He said that once same-sex marriage is elevated to the level of protected status – it will transform the face of society and will result in the 'beginning of the end of Western Civilization.'"

???

Has anyone told these people Canada and like 36 states have gay marriage and nothing bad has come from it? I mean, "beginning of the end of Western Civilization," really? Because that wasn't already going way downhill long before now?
Oh yeah, the downfall of Western Civilization began approximately a second after the beginning of Western Civilization. Slow progressing, that downfall.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75336 on: April 29, 2015, 12:56:33 pm »

Back in the day the Catholics opposed in vitro fertilization because they claimed that children born that way would have no souls because they weren't born from holy conception between a man and a woman. Some Catholics still believe this:
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a23759115/catholics_-_confession_for_ivf
http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=721421

Let the implications of soulless people walking around like normal sink in for a second. If you have people who are intellectually indistuinguisgable from normal people but don't have a soul because of a technicality, what do they suppose the soul does? And what about children born to a soulless person and a soul person? Do they have no soul, a whole soul or half a soul?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:04:25 pm by Reelya »

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #75337 on: April 29, 2015, 12:56:57 pm »

I had to print the entire source code for my A-level computing project.

All 7205 lines of it.

That adds up to 134 pages. I knew that I had written a lot of code, but 134 pages. Geez.

It's a half-done text based RPG btw. Most of that is for world generation and file input/output.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75338 on: April 29, 2015, 01:03:07 pm »

I better get a link when it's finished! :P
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75339 on: April 29, 2015, 01:03:55 pm »

Had to take care of two catering events today. The first involved operating a popcorn machine, with my supervisor's half-instructions and a risk of severe burns(hot enough to put a hole in my glove). And they wanted it done quick. Yeah, not gonna happen.

The other was to an event about the awareness of sexual assault in college. The topic on the big screen was "Sexual Assault and the Role of Men In Effecting Change". I can tell you firsthand that the role of men as far as this college's policy goes is to eat shit from even blatantly false accusations.

When I went back to clean that one up, I had a pretty huge pile, inmdicating that an event scheduled for 60 people got about half a dozen. I still had a large load even after a teacher stopped me and allowed a crowd to help themselves, including the bitch responsible for the above statement. I am pretty pissed off about her having the nerve to do that, but I couldn't rudely walk off because there were other people(including faculty) helping themselves. At least she had the sense not to talk to me, that would have caused a big problem.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/04/28/texas-governor-asks-state-guard-to-monitor-army-training-amid-suspicions-us/

I do not understand this at all. The state governor through the national guard is trying to monitor the US Army? This does not compute.

Abbott's request Tuesday comes after some residents in Bastrop County questioned a U.S. Army commander during a town meeting about whether the government was planning to confiscate guns or implement martial law.

Paranoid right-wing crackpottery extends all the way to the top in Texas it seems. This is so implausible it's a joke. Army training manouvers = martial law? On what pretext would that happen? They don't just randomly implement martial law for lulz. That just never happens.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75340 on: April 29, 2015, 01:04:23 pm »

Back in the day the Catholics opposed in vitro fertilization because they claimed that children born that way would have no souls because they weren't born from holy conception between a man and a woman. Some Catholics still believe this:

Let the implications of soulless people walking around like normal sink in for a second. If you have people who are intellectually indistuinguisgable from normal people but don't have a soul because of a technicality, what do they suppose the soul does? And what about children born to a soulless person and a soul person? Do they have no soul, a whole soul or half a soul?

I'm reading a book right now where teleportation pods exist, and there is a group of people who think people who use the teleport pods have no souls because they are technically copies.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #75341 on: April 29, 2015, 01:07:26 pm »

I better get a link when it's finished! :P

Only half done atm, and I won't be able to work on the code for the foreseeable future, sorry.

It was going to be in a similar vein to DF adventure mode. Including individual body parts that can be damaged separately.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75342 on: April 29, 2015, 01:14:39 pm »

I'm reading a book right now where teleportation pods exist, and there is a group of people who think people who use the teleport pods have no souls because they are technically copies.   :P

Also funny, Miriam Godwinson in Alpha Centauri poses that very question in the cutscene for the Bulk Matter Transmitter(essentially an teleporter for starships). Even more funny given that her canon death is in a Psy-Gate(another teleporter) accident.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75343 on: April 29, 2015, 01:20:28 pm »

I do not understand how people can willfully ignore factual and outright blatantly obvious things, with proof to back the things up.

It's one thing to be ignorant simply due to lack of knowledge. But when you willfully ignore the facts, After They Are Presented To You.

Just..

Wow.

People are really damn stupid sometimes. makes me sad to know I'm breathing the same air as them.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #75344 on: April 29, 2015, 01:21:48 pm »

People seriously believe in souls?
Pages: 1 ... 5021 5022 [5023] 5024 5025 ... 11037