Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5017 5018 [5019] 5020 5021 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14516707 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #75270 on: April 28, 2015, 06:39:14 pm »

My everything is sore. "Fizz-call Active Tea? Is that some sort of herbal medicine?"

At least I didn't have to clean up the factory lot today. There's an inspection this week, and we need to be perfect.

Everything has to be off the ground, I was told. Manager said to put everything on skids. I asked where the skids were. We're out. So I asked where I was supposed to put everything. Was told to put them on skids again. I said we had none, and she said she knows. Stupid conversation about a currently impossible task.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #75271 on: April 28, 2015, 07:35:41 pm »

The writing for the newest episodes of Castle feels like it's been snorting crack.

Actually, no, that might be taken positively if you think crack is meant to be snorted. It feels like the writers had a few years of crack snorting adventure prior to their current careers, and are now trying to paddle up a raging river of mediocrity using their dusty crackpipes and the six brain cells they have between them.

And I really liked that show.  :-\

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #75272 on: April 28, 2015, 07:39:49 pm »

I wonder what the Bible Belt thinks about Orthodoxy, since it appears I might switch from agnostic crypto-Anglicanism to agnostic crypto-Orthodoxy next year...
Huh, I always thought you were Catholic...

Grew up Catholic, yeah, but I was in the rural South, so it was either Catholicism or the Baptists. Family became high church Anglicans in the latter part of high school when we moved to a large Northeastern city.

Still pretty culturally...Anglo-Catholic? Is that a thing? High-church Anglicanism is really pretty Catholic...

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #75273 on: April 28, 2015, 08:00:04 pm »

Still thinks Nihilism counts as a valid religious belief.

*is shot*
You worship the Nihilanth?

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #75274 on: April 28, 2015, 08:07:45 pm »

Yep, it's much the same where I am right now. Never mind atheism, if you're anything not-Protestant you don't say a word about what you do or don't believe, though that's somewhat more lax for the Catholics.

That's how my home town is. Despite fairly large Catholic and irreligious minorities, anyone who isn't an Evangelical Protestant will inevitably have someone else in the room say something ignorant about worshiping Mary, pedophiles, terrorist religions, or other such silliness if they should bring it up.

I've been openly atheist for years. My religious friends are convinced that I'm on a self-destructive path that I need to be rescued from, and my family thinks I'm just going through a phase... a phase that's lasted three years, and before that in private...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75275 on: April 28, 2015, 11:18:10 pm »

Yeah, I've personally considered the most distasteful aspects of religion the 'worship' part. Worshiping is an outdated concept.

You have NO idea how hilarious a statement this is.

Not because I could say that the idea of Worship can be boiled down to thankfulness and tribute.

But because you live in the modern age where they made several TV shows to worship celebrities at all times.

Worship isn't outdated... it made a revival!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #75276 on: April 28, 2015, 11:39:29 pm »

I went to print something, my printer ate a pair of earbuds, had to spend about an hour opening it up to get them out without wrecking the printer. y u do dis

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75277 on: April 28, 2015, 11:42:02 pm »

Next time don't leave earbuds on or around the printer???

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #75278 on: April 28, 2015, 11:47:49 pm »

The WTF is that they weren't any closer than a foot to the paper feed.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #75279 on: April 28, 2015, 11:50:55 pm »

Look, just... maybe next time leave them in the other room. Without line of sight to the printer. Maybe wrapped in tinfoil and in a leadlined box, I'unno how possessed warptech printers with a hunger for electronic peripherals work. Better safe than infested with technopathic nurgle pox.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #75280 on: April 29, 2015, 12:05:48 am »

I wonder what the Bible Belt thinks about Orthodoxy, since it appears I might switch from agnostic crypto-Anglicanism to agnostic crypto-Orthodoxy next year...
Answer: "What's an Orthodoxy?" Try Alaska instead.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #75281 on: April 29, 2015, 01:56:22 am »

I don't see any point in worshiping anything other than mother Gaia.
Unless it's a flagrant excuse to indulge in feelings.
:D

Feelings're nice.
This and this :D
I don't go talking to people about my atheism or my spirituality in RL, I figure they don't want to hear it and it could be dangerous (I do live in the Southern USA, though fortunately a relatively urban area).  Like politics, it's something I discuss with friends and the internet but rarely strangers or family.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #75282 on: April 29, 2015, 02:32:32 am »

my mom was drunk once and made me talk about it to a friend of her's

she didn't seem to care much which is all good and I understood her position fine (even if I thought it weird) so didn't end up badly

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75283 on: April 29, 2015, 02:36:19 am »

Basically my position with my mother has been 'I'll do all the christian things you want to make you feel happy, but you and I both know it's not gonna be sinking in.'
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #75284 on: April 29, 2015, 02:40:38 am »

My entire nuclear family is atheist or agnostic at this point. It's actually pretty fascinating. I have no idea how that happened. My grandparents are catholic and mormon.
Pages: 1 ... 5017 5018 [5019] 5020 5021 ... 11037