Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4993 4994 [4995] 4996 4997 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14511879 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #74910 on: April 24, 2015, 03:35:47 am »

The other problem with he steam thing is that it will discourage people from making free mods. The percent of mods which are free will drop to under 100. That is not acceptable.
I responded to this here.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74911 on: April 24, 2015, 05:49:18 am »

I thought ein was back but then I realized I was on the first page of the WTF thread.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74912 on: April 24, 2015, 05:58:42 am »

For some reason, there are more English-Lithuanian dictionaries than Russian-Lithuanian dictionaries. Maybe it's because the main target audience (Russian-Lithuanians and Lithuanian-Russians) probably either already knows both Russian and Lithuanian or doesn't give a shit either way. Still, since Lithuanian is way more similar to Russian than to English (both morphologically and in its semantics), I have to translate the English results of my queries into Russian in my head to see what they actually correspond to. It's weird.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74913 on: April 24, 2015, 07:03:18 am »

I was reading details of some Satanic Panic court cases from 20-30 years ago, and had read about this disabled church volunteer in California who supposedly killed animals and drank their blood in front of kids (whom he allegedly also abused, and kidnapped, even though he couldn't drive a car). His wife was a volunteer babysitter at the church, and he helped out. "Helping out" apparently meant full-blown satanic rituals with the kids he was babysitting at the church, and this apparently went unnoticed by his wife and everyone else.

Naturally, I'm thinking "animal sacrifices and drinking their blood" meant dogs or cats. But it turns out that the alleged ritual sacrifice animals were an elephant and a giraffe. So, you have the prosecution claiming that this disabled non-driving unemployed church volunteer is procuring gigantic zoo animals, ritually sacrificing them at sunday school, and somehow disposing of the dead animals, all without anyone noticing (including his own wife), or the kids mentioning this to anyone (until they have the special "therapy" that the prosecution ordered).

I don't know which is harder to believe, the elephants and giraffes, or that the kids wouldn't be telling everyone "hey man there was a fucking giraffe at the church!"

(apparently the case was initiated and funded by a local-residing megarich company CEO who was creeped out about him playing with kids because the guy was fugly from the birth defects. Fugly cripple = clearly satanic, and deserves a beatiful rich person trying to wreck your life).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 07:13:00 am by Reelya »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74914 on: April 24, 2015, 07:35:35 am »

All this talking about old games makes me feel... old.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Goddamn it, I thought that was serious for a second. It's so easy to lose track of time when you're a demon made of pure rage, with today's being the internet dropping out every five seconds since yesterday on two different networks that are generally stable.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74915 on: April 24, 2015, 08:03:34 am »

I was reading details of some Satanic Panic court cases from 20-30 years ago, and had read about this disabled church volunteer in California who supposedly killed animals and drank their blood in front of kids (whom he allegedly also abused, and kidnapped, even though he couldn't drive a car). His wife was a volunteer babysitter at the church, and he helped out. "Helping out" apparently meant full-blown satanic rituals with the kids he was babysitting at the church, and this apparently went unnoticed by his wife and everyone else.

Naturally, I'm thinking "animal sacrifices and drinking their blood" meant dogs or cats. But it turns out that the alleged ritual sacrifice animals were an elephant and a giraffe. So, you have the prosecution claiming that this disabled non-driving unemployed church volunteer is procuring gigantic zoo animals, ritually sacrificing them at sunday school, and somehow disposing of the dead animals, all without anyone noticing (including his own wife), or the kids mentioning this to anyone (until they have the special "therapy" that the prosecution ordered).

I don't know which is harder to believe, the elephants and giraffes, or that the kids wouldn't be telling everyone "hey man there was a fucking giraffe at the church!"

(apparently the case was initiated and funded by a local-residing megarich company CEO who was creeped out about him playing with kids because the guy was fugly from the birth defects. Fugly cripple = clearly satanic, and deserves a beatiful rich person trying to wreck your life).

Elephnts have a lot of blood. Dude must have worked up quite a thirst.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74916 on: April 24, 2015, 08:17:25 am »

It also spawned a whole new genre of books and even a few odd "documentaries"
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #74917 on: April 24, 2015, 08:17:44 am »

All this talking about old games makes me feel... old.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Goddamn it, I thought that was serious for a second. It's so easy to lose track of time when you're a demon made of pure rage, with today's being the internet dropping out every five seconds since yesterday on two different networks that are generally stable.
THE LAST OF THE STAR WARS CAST DIED THIRTY YEARS AGO
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74918 on: April 24, 2015, 09:10:16 am »

So, in a sense, China has its own version of rural trash?
Though... it is an interesting send-off...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #74919 on: April 24, 2015, 09:46:26 am »

So, about a week ago, my schools IT tech department decided to do something with the school's file server, and broke it. We came in on Monday and couldn't access any of our files. I spoke to the IT techs about this, and they said: "We'll have it up within an hour." It is now Friday, and the server's still down. A fellow computing student thinks that they defragmented the storage drives, which means all the file pointers are pointing to the wrong place.

Well done, IT guys, well done for breaking the very important file server two weeks before a number of important deadlines are due in and all our work is on said server.

Luckily, I not only make regular backups on a USB drive, but I also have a laptop I don't mind bringing in with me to work on.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #74920 on: April 24, 2015, 11:46:55 am »

Friend is in a three person dorm. One of her roommates apparently invited two other people for a sleepover at 1am and are going to stay up and chat...

Since when is this polite and considerate? -.-

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #74921 on: April 24, 2015, 11:47:58 am »

Its not. I suspect that doesn't matter, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74922 on: April 24, 2015, 11:52:00 am »

So, in a sense, China has its own version of rural trash?
Though... it is an interesting send-off...
Guess they were trying to give people....

Mourning wood.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #74923 on: April 24, 2015, 11:54:02 am »

It's scummy because it doesn't give you the chance to object. Because let's face it, you need to be a certain kind of asshole to be able to throw people out in the middle of the night.

As far as WTF stuff goes, we have this optional class (well not optional, but we get to pick two of several, I picked this one), there's about ten of us taking it, probably less. On Monday we had an exam, four of us showed up. There are still exactly zero news on the results of the test.

I have no idea what the hell the professor is doing, but it's been a week and he's failed to do what amounts to about an hour of work.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #74924 on: April 24, 2015, 11:54:34 am »

Friend is in a three person dorm. One of her roommates apparently invited two other people for a sleepover at 1am and are going to stay up and chat...

Since when is this polite and considerate? -.-
Welcome to college dorms.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 4993 4994 [4995] 4996 4997 ... 11037