Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4992 4993 [4994] 4995 4996 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14511895 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #74895 on: April 23, 2015, 11:11:28 pm »

But they'll steal your girlfriend!
And also your goldfish.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74896 on: April 23, 2015, 11:31:05 pm »

Let's be honest here, cinder. These are mer. This is elder scrolls. They're not just going to steal your girlfriend and your goldfish, they're also going to steal everything in the town and probably kill you for your underwear.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74897 on: April 23, 2015, 11:45:19 pm »

But you can't steal underwear. Unless you use mods, they're glued onto each character.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #74898 on: April 23, 2015, 11:47:43 pm »

Yeah, fuck those guys, letting you make some money out of what you make.

You're not exactly being forced to make purchases there. And it's not removing the workshop for free mods either.

There's lots of mods that are absolutely worth money because of the work that has gone into them.

That doesn't describe 90% of mods in my book.

And really my issue is with Valve. They're trying to create so many revenue streams in Steam, at some point, I have to ask, when is enough enough for these guys?

I've never used the Steam workshop. Tried to once for Skyrim and saw how big of a clusterfuck that became. This just guarantees I'm not going to bother going through it. I won't spend time sorting free/not free content in a realm where shit just used to be free.

And really, my problem is with trying to change the culture of modding. It was a thing done out of love and fandom and tinkering. Valve would like to see it done for the love of money now, too. And that's one fan-driven thing I don't think they needed to stick their thumbs in by making yet another goddamn market out of it.

This is exactly the kind of reason wht I hate capitalism
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74899 on: April 23, 2015, 11:53:51 pm »

But you can't steal underwear. Unless you use mods, they're glued onto each character.
I was actually a fan of the prequel method.  Everybody just paints underwear onto their bodies.  That's why you can never loot the underwear.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #74900 on: April 23, 2015, 11:59:11 pm »

You're not exactly being forced to make purchases there. And it's not removing the workshop for free mods either.

There's lots of mods that are absolutely worth money because of the work that has gone into them.

And really my issue is with Valve. They're trying to create so many revenue streams in Steam, at some point, I have to ask, when is enough enough for these guys?

I've never used the Steam workshop. Tried to once for Skyrim and saw how big of a clusterfuck that became. This just guarantees I'm not going to bother going through it. I won't spend time sorting free/not free content in a realm where shit just used to be free.

And really, my problem is with trying to change the culture of modding. It was a thing done out of love and fandom and tinkering. Valve would like to see it done for the love of money now, too. And that's one fan-driven thing I don't think they needed to stick their thumbs in by making yet another goddamn market out of it.
Uh, it's pretty easy to sort through the paid vs not paid ones. You just look at the 'paid' checkbox in the upper right and uh, uncheck it. All done. No more paid mods.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74901 on: April 24, 2015, 12:08:02 am »

Uh, it's pretty easy to sort through the paid vs not paid ones. You just look at the 'paid' checkbox in the upper right and uh, uncheck it. All done. No more paid mods.
The problem is how many mods that were unpaid will now be paid.  There have been mods before where I would absolutely donate, and will eventually donate once I get my own bank account in another month or two.  But if I had to pay for them first, even if it was only a dollar, I would never have bought them. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74902 on: April 24, 2015, 12:59:29 am »

The problem is how many mods that were unpaid will now be paid.  There have been mods before where I would absolutely donate, and will eventually donate once I get my own bank account in another month or two.  But if I had to pay for them first, even if it was only a dollar, I would never have bought them.
Exactly
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #74903 on: April 24, 2015, 01:01:33 am »

Paying, even one cent, is a big deterrent for downloads.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #74904 on: April 24, 2015, 03:01:28 am »

I think I read once (and I can't remember any solid numbers) about a study which tested how much coffee listeners drunk during a long lecture. When it was free, almost everyone had a cup or two. When it cost a nominal fee of a very low amount, a much smaller percentage had some. It's a much bigger leap between 'free' and 'cheap' than 'cheap' and 'expensive'.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74905 on: April 24, 2015, 03:15:44 am »

coffee listeners

"I can hear the beans. They speak of mokka and cream. I must obey."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74906 on: April 24, 2015, 03:17:26 am »

The other problem with he steam thing is that it will discourage people from making free mods. The percent of mods which are free will drop to under 100. That is not acceptable.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #74907 on: April 24, 2015, 03:20:50 am »

Guys, we have a thread for this.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #74908 on: April 24, 2015, 03:27:35 am »

Links?
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #74909 on: April 24, 2015, 03:30:17 am »

Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 4992 4993 [4994] 4995 4996 ... 11037