Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4978 4979 [4980] 4981 4982 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14502848 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #74685 on: April 22, 2015, 12:23:18 pm »

vibrators were created by doctors who were (literally) tired of manually masturbating female clients
That word does not mean the thing you are trying to make it mean.
Pet peeve of mine, you're welcome.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #74686 on: April 22, 2015, 12:40:02 pm »

It apparently bothers Duolingo more that I typo'd 'jemand' as 'iemand' than it does that I wrote 'isst' instead of 'ist'.

Yeah, sure, go ahead and say she's eating someone, but leave that filthy spelling mistake at the door. We believe in clarity of communication here.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #74687 on: April 22, 2015, 12:41:33 pm »

Apparently it understands that Dutch is a lot more important than German.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #74688 on: April 22, 2015, 12:42:58 pm »

Where do you think I got the typo from? I get languages confused all the time.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74689 on: April 22, 2015, 12:54:39 pm »

There was some kind of international music thing today. I saw this one girl I had previously been directly forbidden to speak to, who was dancing. And dancing well enough to think that she dances regularly. Didn't expect that from someone like her. Kinda pisses me off a bit more that I'm forbidden to speak to her ::). I'm still not on speaking terms with my supervisor for what she said during that conversation(that, and her general incompetence).

I also saw that the lying bitch responsible for that attitude towards me is being constantly shadowed by one of the security officers - the same one that handled her complaint against me and who I know is a personal friend of hers. I swear that's a conflict of interest if I ever saw one, and don't get me started on hypocrisy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #74690 on: April 22, 2015, 01:14:30 pm »

Which also reminds me that there were proponents of lobotomy in the US till nearly the end of the 20th century. In fact, some people believed lobotomies would become as common as dentist assignments. At one points, lobotomy was paraded around as a panacea against nearly anything mind related. Parents would get their adolescent children lobotomized for being rebellious.

And it was actually banned in the Soviet Union decades before it was banned here. So we weren't ahead of them everywhere in terms of human rights.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 01:16:43 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #74691 on: April 22, 2015, 01:18:50 pm »

Which also reminds me that there were proponents of lobotomy in the US till nearly the end of the 20th century. In fact, some people believed lobotomies would become as common as dentist assignments. At one points, lobotomy was paraded around as a panacea against nearly anything mind related. Parents would get their adolescent children lobotomized for being rebellious.

And it was actually banned in the Soviet Union decades before it was banned here. So we weren't ahead of them everywhere in terms of human rights.
also that whole black people thing

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74692 on: April 22, 2015, 01:32:45 pm »

Yeaaa, America kinda suuucks.
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #74693 on: April 22, 2015, 01:36:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure Russia didn't have black people back then (read: no idea, didn't even bother looking it up).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #74694 on: April 22, 2015, 01:39:22 pm »

Yeaaa, America kinda suuucks.
We talk some pretty good talk tho
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74695 on: April 22, 2015, 01:50:23 pm »

I like to think the rule of thumb for that is 'If your indigenous population makes a massive fuss about the atrocities committed to them, that means they Survived'.

"You think you've got it bad man, you should hear the Aztecs bitch to the Spanish"
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #74696 on: April 22, 2015, 01:53:34 pm »

But black people weren't indigenous. We imported people to oppress.

And, yes, also we did terrible things to the indigenous population, too.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #74697 on: April 22, 2015, 02:14:02 pm »

And the Japanese.
Awful lot of innocent blood on American hands, though it's similar anywhere.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #74698 on: April 22, 2015, 02:14:55 pm »

Awful lot of innocent blood on any government's hands, if you go back to the right point in history. Pretending that any nation's history is a glorious golden arc of peace and prosperity is just propaganda.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74699 on: April 22, 2015, 02:17:43 pm »

And the Japanese.
Awful lot of innocent blood on American hands, though it's similar anywhere.
Ehhhh japan kind of has tons of blood on its hands too, and it was pretty justified for the US to stomp imperial japan to end WW2, altough using ATOMIC BOMBS on two huge civilian sites was a huge dickmove.

But yea, japan was very NOT nice during WW2. It was really terrible with every single place it controlled and commited enormous genocidal acts against chinese people, specially in Nanking. And you also have to consider that japan still denies most of the bad stuff it did during the war, and even teaches its children like that.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 4978 4979 [4980] 4981 4982 ... 11037