Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4977 4978 [4979] 4980 4981 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14503022 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #74670 on: April 22, 2015, 06:15:26 am »

I do expect that the people here would mark NSFW stuff as such, just not a description for every link.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74671 on: April 22, 2015, 07:57:58 am »

Why does this exist. Who thought this was a good idea to make.
Why wouldn't it exist? It's only the best game ever made, easily beating everything else.
Panty shots are currency. PANTY SHOTS ARE CURRENCY.
I just... why. Is this a post-scarcity society in terms of everything but clandestine upskirt photos?

Somehow, I read "post-scarcity" as "scarcity becoming a thing again", meaning the world is devoid of all resources except an abundance of panty shots.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74673 on: April 22, 2015, 08:43:16 am »

Boku no Haram :v

This reminds me that originally, vibrators were created by doctors who were (literally) tired of manually masturbating female clients that were suspected of having "hysteria", which was believed to be caused by not receiving enough sexual pleasure :P

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74674 on: April 22, 2015, 08:49:30 am »

19th century medicine was fucking weird about women. If you don't recognize the phrase "rest cure", go have a rather horrifying read.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74675 on: April 22, 2015, 08:59:21 am »

The last form of Goku is literally called "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan" :o
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74676 on: April 22, 2015, 09:08:40 am »

19th century medicine was fucking weird about women. If you don't recognize the phrase "rest cure", go have a rather horrifying read.

@Rest cure: What the hell. That sounds like a torture method.

Which also reminds me that there were proponents of lobotomy in the US till nearly the end of the 20th century. In fact, some people believed lobotomies would become as common as dentist assignments. At one points, lobotomy was paraded around as a panacea against nearly anything mind related. Parents would get their adolescent children lobotomized for being rebellious.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74677 on: April 22, 2015, 09:44:42 am »

And then we discovered Ritalin.

Meanwhile, rest cure- wow.
Didn't manage to find much on it but it sounds basically like a way to just induce cabin fever.
If it happened to me I kind of doubt I'd wake up.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74678 on: April 22, 2015, 09:55:37 am »

Apparently months old coffee smells like and tastes like alcohol.  /Imamoron
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74679 on: April 22, 2015, 10:02:40 am »

A weather thing today. Freaking Michigan.

Our school has an annual mustard weed pull at the nearby parks, and all students are encouraged/required to attend. I'd been told it would be cold and that it might rain a little bit, so I wore a windbreaker over my wool hoodie. All set. Slept in and got a ride directly to the park.

We're given the rundown and sent off to our assigned areas. My group proceeds along a riverside trail. Not 3 minutes in, I start to see lazy little snowflakes spiraling from the heavens. Another minute and they are falling thicker and thicker, and the wind is picking up. I start to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation and glance at the opposite bank of the river. It's a whiteout. A few seconds later, the snow proceeds to fall sideways at the speed of rain.

This kept up throughout half of the pull, and all with gusts of wind and below-freezing temperatures. Only when we were all grouped up and ready to leave did the sun begin to shine down merrily. Michigan weather. Sonovabitch.

On the plus side, I get the rest of the day off.  :D
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #74680 on: April 22, 2015, 10:21:04 am »

Apparently months old coffee smells like and tastes like alcohol.  /Imamoron
It quite possibly fermented :D
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74681 on: April 22, 2015, 10:33:37 am »

And possibly poisonous :v

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74682 on: April 22, 2015, 11:44:20 am »

Well you aren't dead yet, so it couldn't have possibly been all that poisonous, right?

Right?
._.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74683 on: April 22, 2015, 12:11:44 pm »

It's a bit more complex than that. If you read feminist sources, you believe 'hysteria' was a made-up disease concocted to supress uppity women. But these articles are basically historically misleading. It's like saying diagnosing schizophrenia is a conspiracy, because of how schizophrenics were treated before modern medicine. the base conditions of 'hysteria' are still recognized by medical science, and are still heavily skewed to female sufferers.

What was called 'hysteria' in the 19th century are a wide collection of mental illnesses which are still recognized by the DSM-IV, but with less gendered names. And they tend to have 75-90% female sufferers. So yes, the conditions exist, and they are associated with a specific gender. But before modern psychiatric medicine they did indeed have some kooky theories about what causes these conditions. Some of the diseases previously under the hysteria label include:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder (75%-90% female sufferers). This often overlaps with schizophrenia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conversion_disorder (66% - 85% female sufferers)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:24:23 pm by Reelya »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74684 on: April 22, 2015, 12:18:01 pm »

Well you aren't dead yet, so it couldn't have possibly been all that poisonous, right?

Right?
Well, I ain't dead and I can still walk straight, so that is something.  Maybe it'll hit me later.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 4977 4978 [4979] 4980 4981 ... 11037