Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4968 4969 [4970] 4971 4972 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14502941 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #74535 on: April 20, 2015, 11:07:10 am »

I'm wearing gloves. On my hands. :o
Do you normally wear them somewhere else...?
Naw, I'm just not used to wearing gloves at all. Other than work gloves on some rare occasions, I suppose.
The last time I wore a pair of comfortable, warmth-giving gloves must have been  years ago. I feel like a freak. I hope I don't slip up and accidentally go out in public like this.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74536 on: April 20, 2015, 12:10:43 pm »

why is it snowing outside
._.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #74537 on: April 20, 2015, 12:23:15 pm »

why is it snowing outside
Because the area in which it is precipitating is of a cold enough temperature that the precipitation comes down as frozen, crystallized flakes of ice rather than as liquid water or hard globs of ice.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74538 on: April 20, 2015, 12:29:30 pm »

Youtube keeps doing that new thing he does.

Namely playing videos after the one I want to ends.  It'll go onto an often random sometime inappropriate video that I dont want it to load. >:(
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #74539 on: April 20, 2015, 12:31:03 pm »

There is a toggle above the "suggested videos" area where you can turn it off.
Love, scriver~

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74540 on: April 20, 2015, 12:32:52 pm »

mmm  Thanks!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74541 on: April 20, 2015, 12:41:23 pm »

Wow geez my computer is acting up something fierce. Sounds only work when they feel like it (hardly at all in other words), and some files just flat out refuse to open. Time for a sweep and restart, maybe.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #74542 on: April 20, 2015, 01:33:17 pm »

Namely playing videos after the one I want to ends.  It'll go onto an often random sometime inappropriate video that I dont want it to load. >:(

I've decided I quite like it. I've trained my version of YouTube into submission (in the grim darkness of Arx's video bubble, there is only metal), and it saves me from having to do anything involving playlists or whatever.

It is a bit weird when it gets into a loop of moving between my two least favourite songs, though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #74543 on: April 20, 2015, 01:35:02 pm »

I've decided I quite like it. I've trained my version of YouTube into submission (in the grim darkness of Arx's video bubble, there is only metal), and it saves me from having to do anything involving playlists or whatever.

It is a bit weird when it gets into a loop of moving between my two least favourite songs, though.
It's its revenge for not letting it be an annyong passive-aggressive jerk to you, obviously.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74544 on: April 20, 2015, 01:52:39 pm »

You can turn it off, there is a section at the left where it says what it will play next and there is a slider next to "autoplay" that turns it off.

Personally, I turned it off within 10 seconds of realizing that was now a thing.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74545 on: April 20, 2015, 02:23:02 pm »

Me too, but the shitty thing is that (around the same time I think) they removed the autoplay option from playlists.  As in, playlists will always autoplay.  You can toggle whether the playlist repeats or shuffles, but there's no longer an option to just finish the current video and stop.

Usually not a huge deal I guess, but really bugs me on long LP videos and sometimes music...  I want to finish listening to the current one then not autoload another.  There was no reason for them to remove the feature either.  Just dumb.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74546 on: April 20, 2015, 03:05:04 pm »

Me too, but the shitty thing is that (around the same time I think) they removed the autoplay option from playlists.  As in, playlists will always autoplay.  You can toggle whether the playlist repeats or shuffles, but there's no longer an option to just finish the current video and stop.

Usually not a huge deal I guess, but really bugs me on long LP videos and sometimes music...  I want to finish listening to the current one then not autoload another.  There was no reason for them to remove the feature either.  Just dumb.
They switched the way it decides if your videos are eligible for the big paying advertisers(in 2011 but the repercussions were being realized 2014) in a way that shafts short + good content. It is based on time watched and viewers retained, so long as hell playlists that people at least some of bring in better cash for the channel. I'm guessing they didn't want to completely break the short + good content video channels and so gave them a way to get more time watched but still keep short videos by forcing the issue(more likely they want all channels to get more money because they get a cut of everything).

I do also dislike that feature though.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74547 on: April 20, 2015, 03:19:25 pm »

Why do people still talk about power levels so much when the important part of the whole narrative of Namek saga was that "Power levels are bullshit and don't tell the whole story"?
._.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #74548 on: April 20, 2015, 03:22:28 pm »

It's weird how many people seem to have a knee-jerk negative reaction to the whole genetic engineering thing. Trying to find neutral sources on it is proving challenging.

I can't even think of many particularly good reasons to be so against it, other than possibly the things-man-was-not-meant-to-wot-of factor. There are some, but... not that many.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74549 on: April 20, 2015, 03:26:42 pm »

Danger of unknown unknowns, and of going ahead with a technology that might have unforeseen (and potentially drastic) consequences. Though how much of that is justifying a knee-jerk fright reaction is hard to say. Other reasons as well, but these do seem somewhat reasonable (then again, it's impossible to prove that a tech is % safe and foolproof).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 4968 4969 [4970] 4971 4972 ... 11037