Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4943 4944 [4945] 4946 4947 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14513532 times)

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #74160 on: April 15, 2015, 12:32:29 pm »

You know, one of the biggest Mental Flaws you can take is the inability to recognize other players as anything but NPCs or mobs. For some reason it seems to be a random status condition associated with the Capitalist skill tree, maybe that's a bug?

I'm pretty sure it's just a condition associated with epic levels in any political philosophy.  The only way to avoid it is to also take 10+ levels in Charity.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #74161 on: April 15, 2015, 12:34:07 pm »

seems to be a random status condition associated with the Capitalist skill tree
Tell that to Stalin.
No, he picked it up as a prereq for advancing beyond Level 10 in the Authoritarian Ruler Job. It's impossible to max that Job without it unless you take the Populist Monarch path to the higher-tier skills, but that build hasn't been popular since patch 1.7 or 1.8, and most people can't pull it off because nobody's done a good walkthrough yet.
Dzerzhinsky then. He only took a couple levels in that job to fill in if his raid buddies weren't available, he took it as a part of the Revolutionary tree.

Speaking of which, OP PLS NERF.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74162 on: April 15, 2015, 12:34:19 pm »

I think the problem is that it gives you a higher Influence stat bonus, and both the Politician and the Businessperson skill trees have a huge requirement for that stat. So a lot of players take the flaw as a shortcut.

It confers Immunity to Shame at the very least.
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #74163 on: April 15, 2015, 12:34:52 pm »

9/10 IGN
"Not Call of Duty"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #74164 on: April 15, 2015, 12:35:33 pm »

I think the problem is that it gives you a higher Influence stat bonus, and both the Politician and the Businessperson skill trees have a huge requirement for that stat. So a lot of players take the flaw as a shortcut.

It confers Immunity to Shame at the very least.
That's actually a part of the Psychopathy trait at chargen, it gives that skill for free as a bonus.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74165 on: April 15, 2015, 12:40:21 pm »

That's actually a pretty common misconception -- it doesn't boost your stats at all. It's a rather neat little trick; when you get the Flaw, you stop taking penalties to a number of stats, especially your Administrative Efficiency, that normally occur because your skill formulas account for considering the needs of other players. Once you have the flaw all of those maluses go away, and people who don't pay close attention to their buffs and debuffs screen tend to think that it's just a straight addition to your stats.

--

I called it a bug for the Capitalist skill tree because it's not listed as a pre-req anywhere. Actually, pretty much everyone who wrote guides for that skill and the relevant Jobs suggested that the perks you get from it actually assimilate your Administrative Efficiency, Financial Prowess, and Social Contribution scores into a single value. For some reason it doesn't actually happen like that despite everything else in the skill tree suggesting that it should, so I think that the devs just mucked up something. Instead of that big, juicy bonus you end up with the Flaw despite not intentionally taking it, and your scores fluctuate seemingly at random regardless of what your level is.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74166 on: April 15, 2015, 12:41:52 pm »

Also, you can only take the Populist Monarch path if you fulfilled the "coup against unpopular traditional ruler" quest, which increases your popular support gauge (which governs your ability to gain XP) and  grants you the social instability perks which are requirements for advancing to the Authoritarian Ruler job.
That job, however, cant be leveled past level 10 through normal means because every level you gain in that job lowers your popular support by 10%, meaning that at level 10 you stop leveling altogheder, meaning you can only gain levels by taking the governmental opression special quest over and over, which nets you a free level every time but gives your a progressively larger static chance of character permadeath.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74167 on: April 15, 2015, 12:48:03 pm »

Breaking a combo.

Today I overheard talk about there's a large amount of discrimination against female game creators especially one XBOX One. Apparently there's also discrimination against women and LGBTs on a lot of Minecraft servers. I haven't really heard much about discrimination against female creators. Mind you, I heard this as I was delivering food to a feminist discussion group(today's topic: a video titled "How to make a strong female video game character").
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74168 on: April 15, 2015, 12:52:46 pm »

In regards to female game creators on the XBOX one, that I know nothing of, but I wouldn't doubt that a fair bit of Minecraft servers partake in discrimination against women, altough its not really a systemic thing, its just that most minecraft servers are run by guys who have way, waaaaay too much time on their hands and as such inevitably degenerate into subhumans.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74169 on: April 15, 2015, 01:03:42 pm »

In regards to female game creators on the XBOX one, that I know nothing of, but I wouldn't doubt that a fair bit of Minecraft servers partake in discrimination against women, altough its not really a systemic thing, its just that most minecraft servers are run by guys who have way, waaaaay too much time on their hands and as such inevitably degenerate into subhumans.

If by 'systemic' you mean 'supported by Minecraft developers', then I agree.

But a big problem is that there are systems and groups that support discriminating against women. 

The problem isn't any specific game system, program or whatever. The problem is that most people live in cultures where women are tacitly assumed to not be worth as much as men. Believing that it's OK to catcall on the street, that a woman who talks about work and not her kids is weird, or the skeevier attitudes like a guy being owed girlfriends/sex because [insert BS here] or women being prevented from functioning in society.
To summarize:

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74170 on: April 15, 2015, 01:12:01 pm »

Are you persons TRYING to get the Toad angry?
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #74171 on: April 15, 2015, 01:16:12 pm »

Are you persons TRYING to get the Toad angry?
Whatever are you talking about?
No seriously, what?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #74172 on: April 15, 2015, 01:18:06 pm »

>discussing gender in an emotion thread

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #74173 on: April 15, 2015, 01:19:32 pm »

Hmm.
That might get him angry.
Possibly.
Maybe.
I have interacted with the One Toad for all of one post, and I can't say I've been in any threads he's nuked, not including the emotion threads.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74174 on: April 15, 2015, 01:20:33 pm »

The Saiyan society make so little sense it hurts. There's no way that a society of warriors, every member of which gets several times stronger each time they come close to death, and with access to healing pods capable of healing even the most grievous of injuries in a matter of days, hasn't produced anyone capable of even rivaling Frieza's 1st form.

It literally doesn't make sense. At all.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 4943 4944 [4945] 4946 4947 ... 11037