Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4941 4942 [4943] 4944 4945 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514322 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #74130 on: April 14, 2015, 08:05:46 pm »

Did you show her your fists of iron?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74131 on: April 14, 2015, 08:09:26 pm »

Nope. Never once made a fist. I did take notes on the mandatory worksheet, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74132 on: April 14, 2015, 08:11:21 pm »

Reddit/Outside
Apparently it's a really cool ftp MMORPG.
Meh, it's mostly PTW and the spawns are incredibly unbalanced. That, and if you ever get wiped during an event or whatever the admins permaban you.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #74133 on: April 14, 2015, 08:18:36 pm »

Nope. Never once made a fist. I did take notes on the mandatory worksheet, though.
Put a Santa Claus outfit on and laugh merrily? I dunno, whatever will put her at ease, I guess.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #74134 on: April 14, 2015, 08:21:09 pm »

Reddit/Outside
Meh, it's mostly PTW and the spawns are incredibly unbalanced. That, and if you ever get wiped during an event or whatever the admins permaban you.
Don't forget the absurdly complicated mechanics and impossible skill cap.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74135 on: April 14, 2015, 08:28:16 pm »

Also, despite the permabans, there hasn't been a balance or content patch in, like, ever. Graphics and related gimmickry are incredibly high fidelity and the UI is pretty slick (though it has its issues), but let's be honest, that's about all it has going for it.

It's also full loot PvP with a lot of arbitrary death traps. Some people don't even make it out of character creation. Which was fine for, like, Traveler or somethin', but an MMO... not so much. 1/10, would not play if had choice of better alternative.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74136 on: April 14, 2015, 08:34:46 pm »

Though I do hear that there're a few people making real headway on hacking in to it and fixing a lot of the crap. Very high security though, and if the admin catches you, that's it, you're banned.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74137 on: April 14, 2015, 08:40:37 pm »

Which was fine for, like, Traveler or somethin', but an MMO... not so much. 1/10, would not play if had choice of better alternative.

There's talk in Outside that rather than getting banned if/when you die (and your character has a high level of Morality), you get to go to a new game that doesn't have the problems that Outside does. It's also supposed to be the place where the Dev tends to hang out. Of course, there's no way to confirm this right now because they issue an NDA to most people who go to there.  ::)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #74138 on: April 14, 2015, 08:45:28 pm »

Been reading lots of paranormal stuff. Ouija board stories, children having "invisible friends" with demons, and stuff like that on reddit. All well and interesting waste of time, what's the WTF, you ask.

Currently reading Dr 58, which is like some kind of weird surreal trip. It's like their oujia board got slipped some magic mushrooms and now it's defective.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74139 on: April 14, 2015, 08:46:50 pm »

Psh, that's even more bogus than the people who claim that they've gotten around the ban and made new characters. Literally all of the "evidence" is 'shopped screenshots, second-hand stories, and some obscure bit of lore that some Shepherd player wrote back in early beta. Never mind that a lot of the same people claim that there wasn't an alpha test, despite there being stat pages and screenshots from back then kicking around in dead town nodes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #74140 on: April 14, 2015, 09:07:36 pm »

Dr 58 is just...what am I reading. Is this drugs? How many crystal marijuanas did I inject?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74141 on: April 14, 2015, 09:17:37 pm »

It was starting to get cold, as you'd expect for the beginning of Winter, and then all of a sudden we have a nice, sunny day. Well, it looks like it's a bit windy out there, but still. And last night felt positively tropical- a warm breeze followed by warm rain a bit later on. Weird.

I guess this city's reputation for strange weather is well earned.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74142 on: April 14, 2015, 10:58:47 pm »

Reddit/Outside
It's not really free to play. In theory you can play for free but the "food" system means playing is actually pretty expensive, not to mention the various other upgraded memberships and micropayments out the ass like "home" and "education".

I do like the graphical fidelity, though. I imagine it must look shitty on the console version.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74143 on: April 15, 2015, 12:00:13 am »

Dr 58 is just...what am I reading. Is this drugs? How many crystal marijuanas did I inject?
Did you inject 100 C-Chits into the Hassas Grid?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74144 on: April 15, 2015, 12:29:38 am »

Pfft, all you scrubs only focusing on the graphics. Console kids, the lot of you.

For me, the real draw of Outside is that the entirety of the game world is physics-based. All terrain is theoretically destructable. All animations are procedural and for the most part look incredibly natural. None of the PCs or NPCs use arbitrary bars to determine how much HP or Stamina they have, but instead health is even more complex than even DF can manage. Then you have the ridiculously complex crafting systems, dynamic real-time combat, and roughly 7 billion people playing simultaneously with no lag other than that imposed by the speed of light...sure it has issues, but Outside is possibly the most technically-advanced game ever.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4941 4942 [4943] 4944 4945 ... 11037