Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4939 4940 [4941] 4942 4943 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514556 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #74100 on: April 13, 2015, 10:58:05 pm »

I wonder when the XKCD red spiders will return. Probably mysteriously and at an unexpected time.
[...]
[...]
And the red spiders are right behind above you us.
I don't if it counts but today's What If: http://what-if.xkcd.com/136/
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #74101 on: April 14, 2015, 12:16:43 am »

I wonder when the XKCD red spiders will return. Probably mysteriously and at an unexpected time.
[...]
[...]
And the red spiders are right behind above you us.
I don't if it counts but today's What If: http://what-if.xkcd.com/136/
Oh god I missed the italicized text spiders spiders.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #74102 on: April 14, 2015, 01:37:44 am »

Ever taken a moment to look at you Youtube account posts? And wonder to yourself. Was I high or something when I posted these?
I don't even do drugs or drink so I have NO IDEA what I was doing at the time I made those posts...
Relevant.
How do you people find these relevant xkcd comics.
I've read all of them. Then when I want to find any given one I just type in "xkcd *insert relevant words here*" into the google search and pull it out right there. For example to find that last one I just typed in "xkcd python" and there it was.
Wouldn't that turn up the one with "import antigravity"?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #74103 on: April 14, 2015, 01:58:25 am »

Reading the article on the Black River Wastewater Treatment Plant's spider infestation linked in the what-if.

Every sentence I must squick. The squick will never stop. I can't do this. Its an entire 11-page report detailing nothing but webs and spiders on an enormous scale.

I didn't want to sleep tonight anyway @~@
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #74104 on: April 14, 2015, 02:06:22 am »

Reading the article on the Black River Wastewater Treatment Plant's spider infestation linked in the what-if.

Every sentence I must squick. The squick will never stop. I can't do this. Its an entire 11-page report detailing nothing but webs and spiders on an enormous scale.

>_>
<_<
I had arachnophobia and I find this fascinating. The architecture of the webbing is...amazing.
In which I completely ignore the tiny specks and disassociate them as something...else. Instead. ._.
But seriously. Wow. Those are amazing constructs of webs.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #74105 on: April 14, 2015, 02:13:02 am »

Wouldn't that turn up the one with "import antigravity"?
Oh lol yeah. I linked two different xkcd comics, one here and one in the Coders thread in two subsequent posts, and then got which thread I was currently in mixed up. :P Yeah that one was "xkcd youtube comments".
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #74106 on: April 14, 2015, 02:28:53 am »

Lolnope
>_>
<_<
I had arachnophobia and I find this fascinating. The architecture of the webbing is...amazing.
In which I completely ignore the tiny specks and disassociate them as something...else. Instead. ._.
But seriously. Wow. Those are amazing constructs of webs.

Fascinating, yes. Amazing structures, yes. Terrifying to behold in every sense of the word, also yes. I regret reading the entire thing now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74107 on: April 14, 2015, 02:56:04 am »

I just found out Nightshade and in fact "Deadly Nightshade" is a common plant... and in fact I've seen it before.

I've had some growing in parks or in yards in fact.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74108 on: April 14, 2015, 03:17:28 am »

I just had a coworker call the control room, and ask me if worker2 was there. I answered affirmative. Then there was 5 or 6 seconds of silence, before, I ask "worker1" Worker 1 got pissed off over the phone, and says "well, put him on." I put him on and later worker 1 confronts me, and begins lecturing me about my sarcasm, and asks me if i would call my friends up, and only ask if there there, if i thought he was taking attendence, and mentions that he had no idea what i said in the interview to get hired.  He never told me that he wanted to speak to worker2, just asked if he was there. Heck, ive done that, and immediately followed with either "could you put him on" "tell him that im omw" oe even "is he asleep?"

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74109 on: April 14, 2015, 03:27:58 am »

I just found out Nightshade and in fact "Deadly Nightshade" is a common plant... and in fact I've seen it before.

I've had some growing in parks or in yards in fact.

Chew on them, maybe you will gain some knowledge of their alchemical properties.
http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=061112

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74110 on: April 14, 2015, 03:35:57 am »

Ohhh bay12 and always telling me ways to kill myself :P

It is almost like they are trying to give me a hint :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74111 on: April 14, 2015, 03:40:08 am »

Dream brain, I'm not quite sure why you had a sci-fi short story as part of a lawyer's legal notes, but... thank you, I guess? I've already mostly forgotten it, but that was pretty neat.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74112 on: April 14, 2015, 03:41:00 am »

Around 5pm I sat down to play Star Ruler 2 for a bit.

Suddenly it's nearly 2am and I should really be in bed ._.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74113 on: April 14, 2015, 03:43:42 am »

The most horrifying stories come from science articles.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #74114 on: April 14, 2015, 03:48:37 am »

The most horrifying stories come from YouTube comments.
liek dis if u cri everitiem
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 4939 4940 [4941] 4942 4943 ... 11037